Dealing with Peer Pressure

Posted by: josinella

Dealing with Peer Pressure - 03/14/01 09:27 AM

I am posting this to share and help others: I am a relatively new bowler. I have been practicing for 3 years and have gotten my average up to a 200 in 2 of 4 leagues I bowl in. I have made new friends and new enemies.
I am aware of things said, both positive and negative. This seemed to throw off my mental game until I gained the confidence in my skill level to not let it bother me. Actually, dealing with it has made me a better person/bowler and better able to handle professional bowling. I am lucky that I had someone available that is already a pro who helped me stay focused. I've worked really hard to get to where I'm at. I will not let someone else's jealousy louse up my game. Don't let anyone talk you out of your game. Don't stoop to their level to even the score, or your scores will suffer. Get into your game, and let your game talk for you.
Peace!!

[ 03-14-2001: Edited: josinella ]

[ 03-27-2001: Edited: josinella ]
Posted by: Virago

Re: Dealing with Peer Pressure - 03/15/01 12:21 AM

I couldn,t agree with you more, it seems like people will try and minimize the efforts of someone who is trying to achieve, and at times even be-little and joke. I bowl my best when I am bowling against accomlished players, they stay focased and that keeps me determined to win, they also recognize and respect your game.

Thanks for the tip on the armswing.

Mike