17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!!

Posted by: BSchaff

17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/20/06 02:51 PM

Well, many of you I am sure have heard of Robert Mushtare the man who has claimed so many 900s I've lost count at this point. He submitted 3 to the USBC for approval, and the first one was rejected on grounds that neither the league nor Mr. Mushtare were USBC certified. Well, he's now apparently made history. Yesterday an article went up at bowl.com indicating that the USBC had approved his other two 900s he had submitted.

Does anyone here honestly believe this happened? I see it as a situation where if someone you know is guilty of a crime but you don't have enough of a case to put them away, they are presumed innocent *cough* OJ *cough*. I believe that theory can be applied here too, as the USBC may well have thought like the rest of us that something was fishy but couldn't pin anything on Robert, so they had to approve it.

I honestly feel bad for the kid, because he'll now have a crosshair on his back where ever he goes because nobody will believe he did this, whether he did or not. I wish him all the best in his bowling career, but it will be a very tough road for him now. Are we seeing the beginnings of one of the greatest bowlers ever, or the biggest fraud in the history of the sport? Time will tell, but count me in as leaning towards the latter at this point.
Posted by: Smooth Stroker

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/20/06 05:49 PM

From the limited videos I have seen of him, he isn't all that great. I think it is a sham and a bit rediculous. Give him credit for finding a loophole in the rules. With him prebowling 900's every week ( in a bowling alley owned by his dad with nobody in the place but him and his dad ), the 900 mark is becoming a bit meaningless. I feel worse for the others that get the 900 for real. The more prebowled 900's he gets, the more infamous he gets. His name is becoming mud in the bowling community.
Posted by: cheetah

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/20/06 07:12 PM

If the USBC did not do everything in its power to validate the two series, then it has effectively undermined its credibility as a governing body. If that is the case, this is a huge blow to the game. I just read an article that asked why the bowling community isn't using this as an opportunity to shine a spotlight on the sport. I think the fact that it hasn't shows how we all feel about this.

Tim
Posted by: Angel

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/20/06 11:23 PM

I think USBC did everything it *could* do to determine whether these two were credible or not. The first one was administratively rejected as stated earlier in the post. I don't believe there's ever been a meeting between a proclaimed honor score bowler and the USBC and each set of attorneys. Both Mushtare and his witnesses were interviewed, and by current rules, there was no reason to reject the claim.

The problem is the rules that allowed prebowled honor scores to begin with (Remember the 900 prebowled in a different center during Cosmic bowling?). I don't see how USBC could have rejected the scores and not faced a huge lawsuit. And as much as everyone hates that these scores were recognized, I think they'd hate the idea of paying lawyers for a prolonged legal battle.
Posted by: BSchaff

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 02:05 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Angel Zobel-Rodriguez:
I think USBC did everything it *could* do to determine whether these two were credible or not. The first one was administratively rejected as stated earlier in the post. I don't believe there's ever been a meeting between a proclaimed honor score bowler and the USBC and each set of attorneys. Both Mushtare and his witnesses were interviewed, and by current rules, there was no reason to reject the claim.

The problem is the rules that allowed prebowled honor scores to begin with (Remember the 900 prebowled in a different center during Cosmic bowling?). I don't see how USBC could have rejected the scores and not faced a huge lawsuit. And as much as everyone hates that these scores were recognized, I think they'd hate the idea of paying lawyers for a prolonged legal battle.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">You are spot on Angel... Mushtare is actually quoted as threating legal action if the 900s were not approved in the paper. I think the USBC did not want to deal with any sort of legal reprocussions and just took the high road and awarded the scores in lieu of a lengthy, drawn out process. Kind of sad, but this is what we are left to deal with. Sort of deflates honor scores to most people, doesn't it? I know when I bowl an honor score it will mean so much to me I will keep it forever... as will any of us. But approving these 900s really damages the credibility of the sport.

But my issue is this... if this kid actually bowled the scores the USBC says he did, why aren't they shoving him down our throats? Bowling, more so than any other sport, needs a young "superstar" to get people interested. Surely Robbie is it... unless the USBC believes like the rest of us that this is a bunch of ****. Actions speak louder than words, and the USBC not endorsing this kid is about all that needs to be said. He deserves anything he gets in his bowling career.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 02:27 AM

Honestly, as much as I'd love to fight for what's "right," in the case of a lawsuit I don't think they could win, I think they did what's best in the financial interests of its members. An ugly case with a personal-injury-type lawyer throwing out soundbites wouldn't do much for credibility of th sport either. As much as the scores are suspect, they can't prove he didn't shoot them when he says he did, has "witnesses," and the rules support prebowling. The carefully worded press release pretty much implied their hands were tied with the decision.

They're not shoving him for same reason that baseball doesn't exactly shove Barry Bonds down our throats. When we look to young heroes, we're looking for integrity, class, and talent. If USBC is going to start promoting young guns, I hope they start with the kids that make Jr. Team USA without the help of the legal profession.
Posted by: Jdhaze

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 04:46 AM

They really need to remove awards for prebowling, its that simple and this is the hard lesson that has taught us that. Fact is when you prebowl you take away a lot of the challanges that normally happen in regular play. You can set your own pace, there is no pressure from others, and the lane conditions dont change nearly as much. I also think the USBC did all they could, however if they dont learn from this and alter the rules, it will happen again.

JD

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 10:09 AM

I only find the idea of removing the awards frustrating because the original reason for allowing the prebowls and makeups count for awards is sometimes a makeup isn't the bowler's choice, rather it's to accommodate the schedule of a teammate. In those cases, the potential award winner suffered.

With regard to the amendment at convention, it was sent back to committee to be re-discussed because of the needs of youth and the military (two large groups of prebowl users). With the approval of these questionable awards, you can bet that will go through first try next year. And the people with integrity suffer--people who don't take advantage of the rules and just abide by them. My hope is the rule is merely changed back to where when a league official is present, the awards stand. Of course, when your dad runs the center and your mom handles all the paperwork.....

I rarely find the conditions during makeups or prebowls are as favorable as for the leagues themselves. Leagues are oiled for, whereas prebowls and makeups are often on their 23rd hour beyond oiling or longer over the weekends, so the pressure is already there--the scoring pace is very different.
Posted by: Jock

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 11:04 AM

In one league that I bowl in over here, with regards to pre or post bowling, there is a rule where anyone who needs to pre or post bowl gets 20 pins less than their actual score because they found that everyone, without exception, bowled at least 20 pins above their average when pre or post bowling. Needless to say, now, everybody tries their hardest to be there on the night and thus have no need to pre or post bowl. smile

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 11:36 AM

That might be legal in France, Jock, but that would not fly here. There's no way you can legally concede pins.
Posted by: cheetah

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 12:59 PM

Why can't the USBC put an asterisk next to the awards for pre-bowled scores in the same way MLB might put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds' records for his alleged steroid use?

Tim

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 06:03 PM

because, in this country, your innocent until proven guilty. To me, if you prebowl, both teams should be there, pre-bowling with you. I dislike the whole prebowling thing. I always thought that's what subs were for?

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/21/06 07:47 PM

Smooth,

In the cases I'm refering to, individual prebowling is usually reserved for kids that generally can't drive and have numerous other activities to participate in.

As kids are bowling in guaranteed leagues and pay whether they are there or not, the courtesy is extended to allow them to prebowl. Trying to get 6-10 kids to agree on a time to prebowl would be like nailing Jello to a tree.
Posted by: Smash49

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/22/06 09:10 AM

Ok all the hoopla about this guy everywhere is driving me crazy. He may have found a loop hole or he may have actually did it who cares??? Let's see him back it up somewhere else other than his parents center. Saying you did it is one thing proving you can elsewhere is a different story. As for pre and post bowling it's become a joke. I bowled in a junior/adult league a while back. It seemed like every week, half the league was pre or post bowling and this was a winter league. I had to do it once and nobody watched me. There was no one to say I knocked down anything. I just gave my scores to the desk and that was it. Now imagine what could happen if you are at the controls of everything! Bowling by appointment is a bunch of garbage and it is getting abused.

Smash49

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 06/22/06 10:32 AM

Mushtare will be bowling Jr. Gold this summer, so I'm sure there will be a huge crowd during squad 5. I'm thankful my son had already chosen a different one.

As for the prebowls, it gets a bit annoying sometimes, but as part of another A/J league, all I can say is that it keeps some of the families there that we wouldn't see otherwise. We bowl Sundays at 5 and between other sports, homework, and just about everything else, there's no way to ask for perfect attendance. Then throw in that nearly each bowls with a family member, and if one can't be there, they'd prefer to bowl together.

Of course, I've never had the issues of phantom scores, either. I'm sure people would notice and start pointing that out if it were to happen.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 07/06/06 11:29 PM

Okay, I understand the youth prebowl thing. But I still don't like it. I think that they should do away with honor scores prebowled. This guy pre bowled 3................. THREE, 900 series. At his parents bowling alley. Only two were allowed. That is really a joke. I pre-bowled once in my life. I really felt like I was cheating. I felt like I couldn't miss. The lanes were fresh and untouched. Nobody to mess up my line. I bowled the easiest 700 series ever. If I really concentrated, I think I could've reached 800. The concentration was unneccessary. I knew the scores we bowled would hold up. They did. The other team was beside themselves when they saw our scores. I understood totally. I felt bad, but I didn't give the points back either. wink
Posted by: BBowler

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 07/10/06 02:19 AM

I just read BJ just put out their top 100 High School Prospects and Mr Multi-900 did not make the list.
Posted by: Bama Slamma

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 07/20/06 11:06 PM

Sounds like his parents put out a real easy shot, as in easier than your typical house condition. If his parents own the alley, they can "doctor up" the lanes for him. If they (his parents) want him to really do well, like go out on tour, they need to put out some tougher shots for him to practice on. Sport or PBA conditions would be best if that's what he wants to do. See how well he bowls on the tough lane conditions.
Posted by: Silent Mike

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 07/30/06 10:19 AM

I just saw a long piece on ESPN HD about this guy. They had another guy who rolled a legit 900 and I was surprised how horrible his foot work and delivery was, he even crossed over on the broadcast. Just something that struck me funny.

Back on topic, the kid looks like he can bowl well but when he bowled against others he was nothing like his prebowl scores. Two things I find very weird. One I did not realize his Dad owns the center. What better way to get free publicity and bring in more customers than to have some kind of controversy? Now this is conspiracy theory but if the score sheets were clean, lanes inspected the shot could be doctored and what if the old man helped clear some pins on the deck if there were only a handful of people in the building each time?

The second thing is the lie detector test. On air he was asked about taking one and he said sure, he has nothing to hide. Then at the end of the piece they said his Father is telling him not to take it saying he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. I see that differently, if he passes the test he has credibility to gain and doubters to lose even though people still would doubt it.

I say give the Father and the son a lie detector test. If and only IF there was some foul play it would take a 2nd person and no matter how good a friend is now you can fall out of favor and the truth will come out at some point, not so with a Father/son combo. With the Father owning the place and son setting these untouchable records it just does not look legit and more of a massive publicity stunt that stains the sport of bowling for personal gain.
Posted by: Dizzy

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 08/02/06 05:23 PM

I'm in the "no honor scores for pre-bowling alone" group also. That one that the college bowler from New Castle, PA bowled shouldn't have been allowed when there were practically no witnesses and it wasn't even bowled in the center he was scheduled to bowl in that week. I'm impressed with the thought process and deeper analysis of this topic by many of you. It's not just blasting someone.

Now I'll say something a bit off the wall. The two legitimate 900's I know about aren't sanctioned. Glenn Allison's was turned down by ABC for non-complying lane conditions even though he was about the only bowler who did well that night on the pair and John Strausbaugh's was bowled in a non-sanctioned short-oil tournament in Columbia, PA across three pairs of lanes. Some of the other 900's are probably perfectly fine, but I've become less interested about hearing about them over the years.

I'm kind of embarrassed that an 889 was bowled on a condition I layed out, but it passed about 11 or 12 years years ago. I would have liked a post-score inspection of the lanes to make sure it was legit but that was in the era of pre-inspections already. That was Chad Steffy in State College, PA.(300-300-289)So close!

Clark
Posted by: NorthSider

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 08/27/06 11:29 PM

I read on an article that his average was 211 in the League he was bowling in. Outrageous! I guess I just have to add a few more pins to my average and I'll start throwing 900 series every couple weeks. I'm not a believer. Dad wants to see son succeed, son likes the publicity -- why tell the truth?
Posted by: Rollin' Cowboy

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 08/29/06 06:15 PM

Ok...my input. Angel you are right....so why not adopt a by-law that states that post bowling or pre-bowling is done at scratch level. Take the h-cap away.

Now as for Mushtare, why wasn't there a league officer present during his sets of pre-bowling to verify that the computer can verify the scores? I realize that even with today's technology in houses that the computerized scoring will indicate if anything has been changed on the scoresheet but think of it in this manner....before automatic and computerized scoring came out there was a time when you notified a league officer...preferrably the secretary, that you needed to pre or post bowl due to whomever's dogs having puppies, etc.; but any league officer.....and when you appeared to do your set....hey......lookie there............a league officer was present and would most often sit and watch you and the check and recheck scores.

Now maybe Mushtare did bowl those....who knows....it can't be proven nor can it be disproved....for the moment.....eventually something will slip somewhere and the truth will be known some day. If he did......then yippee for him....if not we'll vanquish him from the land and force him to live in exile with the Himalayan Yeti for all I care.

So to sort of put my spin on it....some get a 300....some don't...in either case...the odds are high...........to achieve back to back 300's......odds are higher.............now to think of a perfect series? Just what would those odds be......astronomical.......much like the royal flush in poker.....how many times can you draw it? how many times can you draw it 2 hands in a row? how many times can you draw it 3 times in a row? what would the odds be? how many golfers are going to go out and shoot 18 consecutive holes in one?

Do I think Mushtare really did it...ok maybe once....I'll give him benefit of the doubt that maybe...just maybe he did......but c'mon now............3? I seriously doubt it but as I have my opinion....others have theirs......and we all know what opinions are like......don't we? Now if I had just the choices of him shooting 900 and if the Himalayan Yeti exists...I'll take the Yeti any day. A lot of people have claimed to have seen it but there is no real prima facie evidence to support that the Yeti exists....and the only proof the Mushtare has bowled the 900's is the computerized printouts...I say to the judge "I object to this evidence. It is circumstantial and should be disregarded by the jury as it is not tangible evidence." Any objections?
Posted by: Chris Cenotti

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 08/29/06 06:52 PM

While I'm very skeptical of the achievements of young Mr. Mushtare, since there can be no proof either way I say whatever, let him have the claim. It's just going to make it harder for him whenever he decides to leave daddy's bowling center and compete in front of other people. The more miraculous accomplishments he claims in the privacy of pre-bowling, the more expectation there will be on him to "put up or shut up". The court of public opinion will sort it out. If he succeeds then doubts will get pushed to the side, if not then he'll have his 15min and be forgotten soon enough. Either way it doesn't matter much to me.

Chris
Posted by: ron shields

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 09/05/06 02:22 PM

USBC has stepped in and there is a new rule this year that no pre-bowled scores will be eligible for high awards. I think that is too bad. Someone will bowl a legitimate 300 but it won't count because in opinnion this guy cheated. Oh well it won't effect me so why should I care either.
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 09/08/06 08:27 AM

My take on this:
Have I bowled a 300? Yes.
Have I been in a groove? Yes.
Have I rolled 16 straight strikes? Yes.

Do I believe 3-300 games in a row? No.
Do I believe 36 consecutive strikes? No.

Now, double that!!!! No way!!!

In daddy's bowling alley? With no one watching? No visual verification, only the computerized score?
Did he fill the gutters to get pin action off the walls?

But, there are many, many bowlers better than I.
Posted by: cool rockin daddy

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 09/25/06 04:31 PM

I waited until I was 44 to shoot my first 300 and then I followed with my second the very next game (300-300-214, 26 strikes in a row). It was a special moment for me and all my friends still talk about it 5 years later. I think that is the biggest thing this young man is missing out on. One other kid saw it. Where is the joy in that? Sounds like the kid is a human version of an Iron Mike machine. He bowled the scores, the USBC approved it, they are changing the rule not to allow pre-bowled Honor Scores, end of story. Put the "Hator-ade" down and start practicing so maybe someday you too can shoot a 900!
Posted by: SportBowler Joe

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 09/25/06 06:17 PM

How about someone getting a 900 in sport bowling, impossible? who knows? but that would deserve some national recognition.
Not these walled up house shots.
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/01/07 12:46 PM

If he bowled 900, great. Good for him. If not, shame on him for belittling (spelling???) the achievement of other bowlers. The fact is that we are going to start seeing even more 900's come around with the easier shots that are put out. A couple of years ago, there was a bowler in Decatur Illinois who shot 17 300's in a season along with 17 800's (I happen to bowl with him when I was in college). If you look, the record for most 300's by a woman was also shot in Decatur that year (11). There was a very good article written on all of the scores in that house as well as other houses walling up the shots. Take a look.

http://www.bowlingworld.com/pdf/jul05/page21.pdf
Posted by: MrBowler

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/01/07 04:28 PM

I don't know about 900. 12 balls in the pocket will very seldom carry, much less 36. It is possible, but why does this kid only shoot them when nobody is around to visually verify them?

Also, I believe that the USBC rulebook requires that a league officer is present during the pre/post bowling in order for the scores to count. Was that the case here? 3 times? I find that hard to believe.

Mike
Posted by: Scott Gannon

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/01/07 05:03 PM

Frankly I just do not believe it. Would love to know if he has ever even bowled another 900 series since. My guess is no.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/01/07 05:16 PM

I didn't believe it when I posted above on 9/8, and I still don't.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/02/07 09:01 AM

I'd like to know what his other high series are.
Posted by: Brian Longo

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/02/07 09:17 AM

I say let the kid have it. I agree with Angel that because of some of these "pre-bowled" honor scores that a rule has been instituted to not recognize an honor score from pre-bowling, but that's what usually happens; someone abuses the system so the system goes on lockdown.

Someone else mentioned it as well - the kid will have a burden on him for the rest of his life. Jeremy Sonnenfeld still has his own burden to bear and I haven't heard a lot about him since 2000.

And to the person (cool rockin daddy) who mentioned about his 26 strikes in a row; nobody said it wasn't possible. I knew a woman from my old hometown who shot her first 800 with two 300's. She shot 212-300-300. Sometimes everything comes together, but the problem with this kid's accomplishment was a) hardly anyone around to see them in the center his father owns/runs and b) the close proximity of the accomplishments.

I, too, question the validity of the scores. I'm not saying it's impossible, because it's been proven not to be impossible. I'm just saying the probability of it is very low, especially since he was on his own shot without other bowler traffic. That's just my humble opinion, though.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/02/07 10:52 AM

This poor, poor dead horse!!!
Posted by: Brandon510

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/02/07 11:40 AM

I just wonder if all his honor scores are just at his dad's center? If he doesnt have any other honor scores out side that center?

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/07/07 06:47 PM

I found the official score sheet and have attached it

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/08/07 10:51 AM

How old is this kid? Daddy... you have got to be kidding me...

It is also interesting how there are pins penciled in and numbers written in the 1st game (frames 3,8,10), 2nd game (first frame), and third game (frames 4,8). This just makes me not believe it even more.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/08/07 11:11 AM

Scott, I had never seen this. I assumed the scores were automatically recorded on a machine, not penciled in. For sure, I don't believe this. This is now totally suspect as to why anyone would accept this score sheet with all of the obvoius changes.

If he was perbowling, and turned in this score sheet, there is NO WAY that I as an opponent would even let this be accepted.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/08/07 11:18 AM

Dennis,

This "official" score sheet is a VERY tongue-in-cheek JOKE!

Not the real score sheet at all!

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/08/07 11:49 AM

Yes, it is a tongue in cheek joke that basically sums up how I feel about it because he pre-bowled with no one except his father present. I am not sure who came up with the joke but I thought it was very funny because to me it is obvious there was funny business going on.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/08/07 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott Gannon
I found the official score sheet and have attached it

This was great.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/08/07 04:23 PM

Sorry, guess I am a little too easily fooled... nice one, Scott.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/08/07 09:42 PM

Ok, you got me too. I even recalculated what his scores would have been taking the penciled pin count, giving him the benefit of the doubt for a spare, except the 6-7-10.
It recalced to 247-290-244, for a 781 series.
I even mentioned it to my wife at dinner.

I owe you one, buddy.

Good laugh, now. But, the laughs on me.
Posted by: d_bradford82

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/23/07 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian Longo
Jeremy Sonnenfeld still has his own burden to bear and I haven't heard a lot about him since 2000.

I go to Western IL University were Sonnefeld (MR 900, First santioned 900 series EVER) led us to a national championship. He still has records all over the place were he just went crazy and this is college level sport shots. One of the records according to coach was at Sam's Town bowling alley in Vegas (were he still holds a record for having like a 266 average)

Not to mention to get the championship as anchor man he needed two strikes and a 9 count to win and with that much pressure he came through with just that.

Sonnefeld went on to work for a couple ball manufactures, ebonite being the first one that comes to mind.

I don't think he has much of a burden to bear. He set the bar (sactioned bar) and only a handful of people have been able to match it. By the way Sonnefeld is also up on the board at the bowling alley I have league at for having a 300.
I think he's made his mark and there really isn't much more fore him to prove. Going Pro for the most part is good for getting your name out there, well he already has his name out there.

Now what gets me is this kid does this and carries that much. The guy who has the record for most 300's (80+, probably 100+ by now has never shot 900) I find that interesting because he holds the record for having an 800 average the longest and most 300's and yet he can't carry enough to get 1 900 under his belt. (I think his name is Jeff Cotter or something like that) You shoot 300 that offten and cant put 3 together and this kid does it 3 times... Give ME a BREAK!!!

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/23/07 03:11 AM

OK, I think that this dead horse is REALLY dead!

We all have doubts about his 900s, but I've seen the recent official stats, and he's at a 226 Ave over 70+ games (better than me!) with witnesses and elsewhere than in his daddy's bowling alley (so maybe he CAN bowl?)
Posted by: Lefty

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 02/23/07 10:40 AM

Quote:

(I think his name is Jeff Cotter or something like that)

His name is Jeff Carter and he's now a PBa exempt bowler.
Posted by: NewEnglandBowler

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/14/08 01:42 PM

i remember hearing about this kid on the news, and didn't really think much of it. however, because of this guy, i nearly didn't get an 11-in-a-row award for my 290 last season (which was prebowled, right in front of the snack bar, where everyone working there was watching)
Posted by: Atochabsh

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/14/08 03:16 PM

He Who Must Not Be Named

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/14/08 05:07 PM

Voldemort grin
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/14/08 05:13 PM

So where's Potter to fend him off?
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/15/08 07:55 AM

It's all done with wizardry just google how to bowl a 900 series.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/15/08 06:23 PM

I've seen some videos on how to do it, all mocking He Who Must Not Be Named, since they were made shortly after.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/15/08 06:32 PM

Wow who dug up this dead horse??? LOL

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/15/08 08:30 PM

For once it wasn't RLD. LOL!!
Posted by: RLD

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/15/08 10:08 PM

Sorry, I only dig up old threads, not old horses! LMAO!
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/16/08 07:09 AM

You see the joke is there is this horse see, aaaand it's dead right, aaaand we get these sticks see, aaaand we beat it over and over.

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/16/08 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: CoachJim
You see the joke is there is this horse see, aaaand it's dead right, aaaand we get these sticks see, aaaand we beat it over and over.

Posted by: NewEnglandBowler

Re: 17 year old NY bowler gets two 900s approved!! - 10/16/08 12:11 PM

<raises hand>

that was me.

my bad.