Jordans team takes second place in league

Posted by: Rocket

Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/18/10 09:23 PM

The did well

From Left to right, Julie ending avg 199. Jordan ending avg 216,
Kaleigh ending avg 184, Jenna ending avg 145 first year bowler.

Jordan recieved most valuable bowler award that earned him a $1500 scholarship. High series scratch, high game scratch, and some other awards also the following patch's. His 700 series and 250 game patch havent arrived yet.

Not sure what he likes more bowling or the team lol
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/18/10 11:33 PM

Nice going Jordan. He's racking up some awards there.
Posted by: tbill

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/19/10 08:18 AM

must be hard to focus bowling with those girls lol.

way to go!

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/19/10 07:12 PM

Yeah Tbill, I know it takes a lot longer to get ready to go to the lanes anymore, and I am starting to believe those axe commercials (Jordan brand) if I wasnt married I would consider switching.

There are about a half a dozen of them that wait for him at the door even the coaches tease him about it. Good thing he is so shy or I might have an angry father or two to deal with
Posted by: Taylor S.

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/19/10 10:12 PM

Thats a bunch of awards for him. and he's lucky. there arn't any girls that bowl (of my age and liking) lol. Its pretty much a sausage party and my friends.
Im glad he did really well. what was his ending average?

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/20/10 06:45 AM

His ending average was 216, and it is almost a 50-50 split boys girls at his house. High school bowling is pretty popular around here so I believe thats why so many girls in the youth league. When the high school season starts of course a lot of the bowlers have to quit until later in the second half. Which I still think is a stupid rule.

Congrats to your brother Taylor, looks like you guys are going to be quite a good pair as well. Maybe the rest of us will be watching you guys and Jordan bowl on tour someday.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/22/10 01:19 PM

Very nice Jordan, keep up the good work and keep racking up those awards!

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/22/10 02:28 PM

Sk, How do you like that Anarchy? I am tying to decide between it and the Theroy. Thanks
Posted by: Taylor S.

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/23/10 02:38 PM

That is a dumb rule.. I wish my high school had a bowling team, But the sports director said it would cost to much... idk why he thinks that. When we have wasteful spending all over our sports.

That would be something to watch on TV. I've always wanted to bowl on TV!
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 12/23/10 04:06 PM

I believe that is a rule for high school sports in general. I know some rec teams for other sports won't let you play on the team if you are on high school teams of the same sport as well. You need to have the time to practice, be available for the matches plus make sure school work is getting taken care off.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Jordans team takes second place in league - 01/05/11 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket
Sk, How do you like that Anarchy? I am tying to decide between it and the Theroy. Thanks

Rocket, I have both the Theory and the Anarchy and I like both of them. My Anarchy is drilled with a benchmark layout and I go between that and my 2Furious as my first ball out of the bag depending on the condition. My Theory is drilled with a "Double Thumb" layout and it is resurfaced at 500. It is meant as my heavy oil ball and that is what I use it for. The biggest thing with the Theory is that the cover is soft so you have to make sure you keep up with surface adjustments as it shines very quickly. I touch mine up on my spinner after every use. Having it at its box conditions would alleviate it some but I keep mine really dull for heavy conditions so it changes more rapidly.

Originally Posted By: Taylor S.

That is a dumb rule.. I wish my high school had a bowling team, But the sports director said it would cost to much... idk why he thinks that. When we have wasteful spending all over our sports.

Taylor, we just got high school bowling started this year here locally. It has been a 10 year battle attempting to get it going because the school board did not want to pay for it. We ended up getting the local associations (we have 3 locally) all chip in and they signed a contract that they would each split the cost and pay for the entire district sport for the next 5 years. This got the ball rolling, it made it free for the school board, but they get to have a new sport so it was a win for them. The associations and centers all threw in money to get it going but in return they got more bowlers in the building during off times (matches started at 4 pm) and also had more spectators, meaning more sales in practice time, concessions, ball purchases in the pro shop, and more lineage during youth leagues. This might be a way you could approach it locally and see if you can get the ball rolling.