i made it through qualifying!!

Posted by: oppsimissedthat10pin

i made it through qualifying!! - 02/15/09 11:08 PM

my first tournament and i qualified for the state level pepsi!!!! i rolled a 973 series in 4 games and took a top 15 squad spot!!!! im sooo excited
Posted by: TheDemolitionMan

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/15/09 11:18 PM

Excellent bowling opps. I hope you do better at State level. Nice set. thumbsup

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/15/09 11:24 PM

lol i got screwed over in practice my lane broke down and i only had time to get in one shot which wasn't very helpful plus a non shiny ball plus super dry lanes dont help much

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/15/09 11:45 PM

You had dry lanes in a tournament. That's weird. I've never had that happen to me. Still a 937 with almost no practice and no ball for dry lanes, it still sounds like you handled it well. Were you on the same pair for all 4 games?
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/16/09 09:50 PM

Nice going. Right now I'd be happy with 900 over 6 games for myself.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/17/09 01:45 AM

i wish i could bowl with 2 fingers and a plastic ball and average 243.....
Posted by: Jock

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/17/09 03:09 AM

If that's scratch, thats some good bowling!

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/17/09 07:59 AM

same lanes scratch was 830 =)
Posted by: Upriser

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/18/09 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: A K
i wish i could bowl with 2 fingers and a plastic ball and average 243.....
Yeah, i agree!! great bowling 10pin thumbsup
Posted by: Fgreco

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/18/09 09:59 PM

Nice bowling. I hope you go all the way.

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/18/09 10:58 PM

doubt the scores ever happened sorry. i know bowling is usually mr. nice guy but come on.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/19/09 01:26 PM

doubt the scores ever happened sorry. i know bowling is usually mr. nice guy but come on.

What is that supposed to mean?

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/19/09 02:22 PM

High Game: 170
High Series: 450
Current Average: 140
Right or Left Handed: right handed

its just i have a hard time believing that bowler based on those stats could average 200+ in a tournament setting using a plastic ball and a 2 finger release when he hasn't ever bowled over 170 in his life and has only been bowling for 22 weeks as said in his first thread.

don't get me wrong if it is true then thats excellent bowling but i just don't believe it.
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/19/09 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01

What is that supposed to mean?

He thinks that he is lying.

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/19/09 02:45 PM

Well you could argue it both ways.

But A.K. aren't you all about science. An explanation would be nice.

If opps is a palm bowler or two-handed bowler and the lanes are drier, wouldn't it stand to reason that the pattern and conditions were suited for his style of play especially with a plastic ball. It could've been the large amount of revs on the plastic ball that allowed the great amount of success or simply the pattern was perfect for his style of play and he was able to stay a smidge in front of the transition and carry-down. Also you have to take into account, he didn't use the plastic ball the entire time. He did mention that he determined his other balls to be too strong for the pattern he was on. Also perhaps his reactive ball(s) burned a line for him to use his plastic ball successfully on.

On the flip side, only bowling for about 5 and 1/2 months as palm or two-handed bowler, the ability to repeat consistent shots would definitely be something that one could doubt. As well as, opps' ability to read the lanes. He'd have to be very careful especially with a plastic ball that is pushing the oil down the lane instead of absorbing it like the reactive balls do.

opps, I'd ignore A.K. until he provides a supposed scientific explanation to his reasoning like he always does. Everyone gets that killer series. I believe you until I see or hear otherwise. Yesterday I got an 810 series through four games and I'm still not on top of the leader boards in my bowling class. And a good deal of them have sloppy technique and are palm bowlers who are beating me and I've been at it for 2 years.

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/19/09 02:53 PM

demolitionman. he doesn't have any other balls he was interested in buying a reactive ball to learn to use his thumb but other than that he only has a plastic ball.

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/19/09 03:06 PM

A.K.,

I just found the thread about opps wanting a new ball. I wasn't aware of that post. It must've snuck by me.

Still it sounds like he had an 830 scratch series through 4 games.

He could've also been bowling on someone else's line as well. Or perhaps he has better lane play abilities than you think or perhaps not. We really can't know.

Posted by: Jock

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/20/09 02:35 AM

Demoman, if you read that other post closely, he said that his series was in the low 700s scratch over 4 games (after some comments about it!) and that 937 was with handicap.

The whole story is full of half truths.

Still, if he wants to think he can bowl that well, why not?

Lying about your scores is only cheating yourself, anyway.

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 02/20/09 11:33 AM

yes. after saying he threw 900 he fixed it saying he threw 830 scratch and the 900 whatever was handicap. then he fixed it to a 700 series.

even though i still have a hard time even believing that after the previous lies and knowing he's never bowled over 170 in his life that he suddenly bowled over 170 every game. its not doubting him it's doubting the statistics since that's all i know of.
Posted by: charon

Re: i made it through qualifying!! - 03/18/09 01:38 AM

Nice bowling. Our state is coming up, but I may have to miss it.