Pro Am- Tomorrow Night Forest Hill, MD

Posted by: GunsTariq

Pro Am- Tomorrow Night Forest Hill, MD - 07/10/08 02:52 PM

Well GP's experience at a regional Pro-Am inspired me to sign up for the regional ProAm here in Forest Hill, MD. I'm officially back in the state of MD now and done with school. It will be the chameleon pattern.

We'll see if the small experience in PBAX pays off a little.
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: Pro Am- Tomorrow Night Forest Hill, MD - 07/10/08 03:11 PM

Good luck to you. It is a blast. When I saw the message I hoped you were doing one in Michigan. My buddy runs the region. Very cool guy to talk to and very knowledgeable.
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: Pro Am- Tomorrow Night Forest Hill, MD - 07/10/08 03:54 PM

Welcome back Guns, what house is the tournament at?
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Pro Am- Tomorrow Night Forest Hill, MD - 07/10/08 06:52 PM

Welcome back Guns.

The only center in Forest Hill, is Forest Hill Lanes. Its suppose to be a nice independent. I've only seen the outside when I rode up with a friend who was picking up a teenager that bowled in the Youth States.
Posted by: GunsTariq

Re: Pro Am- Tomorrow Night Forest Hill, MD - 07/12/08 02:04 PM

Let me say I wish I had a chance to sign up for the 6 o clock squad. All the big names were there. PBIII, PA, Rhino Page, Brian LeClair, Jim Tomek, Johnny Petraglia, Bill O Neill (he lost a lot of weight), and the hometowners (Danny Wiseman, Ed VanDaniker (he's going make noise), and Tim Criss! (guess you can't give up something you love huh))

830 squad was pretty small. Joe Ciccone was the only national guy in this squad. It was 9-pin no tap so I don't think my performance has any real merit. I did leave a lot of 4 pins and 9 pins. The pair was torn up as well. I got to bowl with Joe so I was happy with that. He was cool he would chat with me and this junior gold bowler that was on the pair with me. He's going to Wichita State next year.

Regardless I don't regret signing up for the squad, I had fun. I did managed to pick up the 3-7 split with Joe watching. The PBAX really did help cause I remember at the national ProAm in Detroit last year I was terrible on the Viper Pattern.

Apparently the next thing up is the Vir-Mar Scratch Tour Challenge next month at Perry Hall. I need to muster up a couple of hundred for that.
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Pro Am- Tomorrow Night Forest Hill, MD - 07/12/08 03:23 PM

The consensus on Tour was VanDaniker would have been the Rookie of the Year if not for Rhino joining the PBA and having the year he had. I think he will do better once he doesn't have to come out of the TQR. I've watched him bowl several times as he bowls at Perry Hall often, some time subbing sometime as a regular and he is smooth. Being able to have bowled with any of those guys would have been a great experience.