Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA

Posted by: goobee

Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/17/16 09:44 PM

Our group is going here on Sunday to practice on the Reno pattern. You can arrange to have the patterns to be laid down. Our group is paying $10 per person to rent lanes which is reasonable in my opinion. Not sure what the cost will be for smaller parties.

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/22/16 02:41 AM

We got there when the center opened at 10:00 AM and watched the machine lay down the pattern. I've never seen a fully autonomous machine in action. The guy programmed it and it automatically laid down the oil on 8 lanes and drove itself away. Very neat.

It was difficult, our group consisted of 23 bowlers and no one broke a deuce in 4 games. I doubt the setup is exactly the same as in Reno but it gives us a good idea of what to expect.

We'll do it again before leaving for Reno.
Posted by: mmalsed

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/22/16 11:31 AM

I had no idea MoVal had a place like that. Will have to visit - I'm just over in La Sierra area of Riverside. . .
Posted by: Richie V.

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/23/16 12:36 PM

There's a new Round 1 up here in Taunton, MA, so I should be able to expect something similar, right? smile

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/23/16 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Richie V.
There's a new Round 1 up here in Taunton, MA, so I should be able to expect something similar, right? smile

Not sure if all of the locations take requests. Our organizer set it up with the manager of this location.

It won't hurt to ask though.
Posted by: mmalsed

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/24/16 12:00 PM

who is your organizer, Goobee? You guys going anytime again soon?
Posted by: Richie V.

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/24/16 05:05 PM

OK, I called my area's Round 1 and the manager said they had a Brunswick machine. I suppose Kegel patterns can be converted, but I asked her if PBA patterns, which I know are native for Brunswick machines, were available and she didn't know.

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/24/16 11:51 PM

mmalsed: Talk to Luis, he's the manager at Round 1 our group worked with.

We are planning to go again on April 3, the last Sunday before we roll into Reno (April 9 and 10). If you get there the same time as our group, I see no reason why they wouldn't lube up another pair of lanes for you.

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/28/16 11:50 PM

Well, it looks like there won't be another session. My guess is most of the guys don't want to practice bowling bad again.

Some of us are planning to practice in Reno. We'll chip in and rent a lane for $150.
Posted by: David170

Re: Round 1Bowling Center Moreno Valley CA - 03/29/16 12:31 AM

I saw that to 150 for a hour, are team is all in already.