Won my first sport shot tournament.

Posted by: slaterracing

Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/07/12 09:48 AM

Had a good night last night. First time back throwing on a sport shot in about a month as I have been working alot. Last nights pattern was a 50 foot sport shot. Used my fireroad and was able to play strght up 2nd arrow and the ball just walked right in to the pocket. I qualified 5th for match play by only 1 pin and then won each match all the way thru. That was the hard way but it worked well. After every game of match play we move 1 pair to the right so in the first match i won 212 to 187 then moved right and could not hit anything and was leaving splits every other shot so ended with a 149 but luckly the guy I was bowling against had even more issues and only shot a 137 (gotta love a sport pattern) but after that i was on a roll. Shot a clean 227 in the semi and a clean 236 in the finals. In the finals I had to drop down to my frantic and move 3 boards as this pair was hooking alot more . But was able to find a good line right away and just stuck with it. Feels good to bowl that well on such a long and heavy pattern.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/07/12 10:55 AM

Congrats Slater! If you are interested you can post your success story on storms website and even include a picture of yourself with your winning equipment!

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/07/12 11:03 AM

Thanks sk8 I will have to do that.
Posted by: AmpleSound

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/08/12 11:08 AM

Congrats Slater, that's awesome work! Still haven't made it to the ladder myself, best finish was 6th missing by 10 pins...

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/08/12 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: AmpleSound
Congrats Slater, that's awesome work! Still haven't made it to the ladder myself, best finish was 6th missing by 10 pins...

Thanks. I have been there. The last one I went to I got 6th also and was only 2 pins back. So this time being 1 pin up on # 6 was kinda nice and I took advanage of it and ran thru all the spots LOL.
Posted by: AmpleSound

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/10/12 12:39 PM

Very nice man! I caught word of a guy locally, that got in some major trouble in an ABT. Word has it he was soon to be a Storm staffer, and he cheated in an ABT tournament to bump him into the ladder. Added 10 pins to one of his games. The guy that runs the ABT here caught it, and now he's banned from USBC for two years, and lost his PBA card. He was a regional pro I guess...
Posted by: 10PinGaloot

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/10/12 02:10 PM

Way to go, Slater! Congrats.

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/10/12 03:18 PM

Thanks 10Pin hopefully my good bowling and good luck will hold thru this Sunday at the PBA regional qualifier I am doing.
Posted by: DudeStorm

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/10/12 03:27 PM

Great job, congrats!...Nice to see you used the Fire Road. This is my next ball to get so all I need to figure out is how I want it drilled. What is your drill pattern?

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/10/12 03:40 PM

It is a pin up 4.5 inches from pap. That is all I remeber off the top of my head. The fireroad is a great ball. I def moves on the backend. That is good and bad all at the same time. On a fresh shot it gets thru the heads nicely and makes a strong movement on the back end. But intern when the heads start to burn up it does not hooking up a little early which is why I had to drop to the frantic by the last game. But that is why I have multiple balls so that i can make the switch and keep on going.
Posted by: DudeStorm

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/10/12 08:08 PM

Pin up is what has me puzzled. On the Storm recommended patterns (4) all are pin down yet anyone I have seen or spoken to has the pin up. My Fast Pearl was pin down and could use a reaction similiar to it so I am considering a pin down pattern but kind of hesitant since everyone has pin up.

Maybe I should buy 2 and go pin up and down!...Thanks!

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/10/12 11:42 PM

I have not had good Luck with pin down drilling for me. Most of th houses that I bowl at have shorter patterns so something that goes a little longer works better for me.
Posted by: cgrimes

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/12/12 12:09 PM

I posted one for my 251 game on Storm's website. Good job slater!

Re: Won my first sport shot tournament. - 08/14/12 01:06 PM

The finals were last night and it was only for people who had made match play this summer. So I bowled well shot a 610 scratch(718 w/ handycap) and qualified 2nd with one of my best friends shooting a 659(740) to qualify 1st. Ended up finishing 3rd lost my match by 10 pins. I missed a 10 pin in the 4th frame other than that I as clean and that cost me the match. Oh well that is bowling. The guy that beat me did end up winning as well, he had a great line and covered his spares. Overall it was a good summer I bowled in 7 of the events and got a 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st. And missed match play by 3 or so pins on one other of the 7 so I was right there all summer long. Sport shot is def a diff animal than house shots and I hope it has made me a better bowler but will have to wait until next week when league starts to find out for use :-)