We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney.

Posted by: Rocket

We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/16/10 06:25 PM

Just got the call, when we left we were in 8th cut was 20 we finished 12th.

Jordan did most of the work he went 224-227-218 to my 202-196-199. I beat him spare wise I missed one all 3 sets and it was the seven 10.

He missed 2 both make able He crushed me strike wise though lol.
It was great time hopefully we can finish top 10 if we do he gets at least a $500 scholarship.
Posted by: cgeorg

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/16/10 07:22 PM

Great job guys. When do you bowl next?
Posted by: beefers1

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/16/10 08:09 PM

Congratulations. Is the next round match play?

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/16/10 08:45 PM

We play again tomorrow, and I believe the way it works is match play, for team and then youth scores go head to head to determine their position as far as finish for scholarships.

I just talked to a friend of ours that was in it as well he said Jordan was second scratch and 4th handicap.

This is a great tourney first time for us they really work hard on making it a special atmosphere for the youth bowlers. When they announced the names they drag out the youth bowlers first name like you would hear a boxing announcer do.

Oh yeah Jordan told me he sure was glad I had all that handicap. They used my book avg from my league when we entered it was 152 then.
Posted by: 10PinGaloot

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/16/10 08:57 PM

Congrats, and good luck tomorrow.
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/16/10 10:19 PM

Hey Rocket, our association has an Adult/Youth tournament coming up in 2 weeks. Since my kids are grown, could I borrow Jordan?
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/16/10 10:44 PM

Congratulations Jordan and Rocket!!! Nice rolling, good luck in match play.

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 08:07 AM

Lol, of course Dennis but I will warn you, he eats like a horse. And thanks all
Posted by: tbill

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 10:34 AM

way to go guys! you're really on your game rocket, good luck today!!

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 03:49 PM

Thanks all here are the results Team we finished 5th! Jordan scored 2nd scratch and third handicap and ended up with $1100 in scholarship money!

It was head to head played until you lost First win Jordan rolled a 245 and me 216 Then next match was Jordan 233 me 198 but clean. Next match Jordan 228 me 178 2 splits Jordan 202 me 210. Jordan 229 me 165 almost lost that one then final Jordan 222 me 196 lost by 2 pins
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 03:55 PM

Nice going you two. Jordan seems to be putting up some good scores and earned some scholarship money as a bonus.

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 06:00 PM

Yeah his coach is all proud of him and according to him since Jordans school doesn't have a high school team but the district we live in does, he can bowl on that team.(His coach coaches the girls team there)we are hoping he is correct.
Posted by: Jay R.

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 06:09 PM

Dang Jordan's got game. Even my best tourney outing ever I didn't beat him, I averaged 222 and he averaged 226. Congrats to both of you and tell him to keep it up. I'd be interested in seeing new video of him to see if much has changed because his scores sure have smile.
Posted by: beefers1

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket
Yeah his coach is all proud of him and according to him since Jordans school doesn't have a high school team but the district we live in does, he can bowl on that team.(His coach coaches the girls team there)we are hoping he is correct.

Bowling on a girls' team? LOL

Wow that is fast improvement! How old is he?

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 01/17/10 07:38 PM

He would love to bowl on the girls team the seniors love him all up at practice. But no he will be on the boys team lol.

He will be 14 in may and has been bowling 3 years now, the key with his skill is he can take what is shown him and translate it very fast and he is bowling in some shape or form when hes not in school.

Yeah Amateur I tried to talk him into letting me post some video up but he doesn't like it. His coach has made some DVD's of his practices I am going to get one of those and post up he has some good video where he is working on his lines.

He struggled in his travel league last week shooting a 122-135-215 so its not all roses yet, he just seems to bowl better in tourney situations.

Again thanks for all the comments. Oh he does read this site religiously still especially when the coach mentions something and he still isnt clear on what he meant.
Posted by: desertdog71

Re: We made the cut in Adult youth Tourney. - 02/04/10 04:45 PM

My son and I won the house qualifier for a tourney a couple weeks ago. We have region qualifier in March and then State level, and National level if we make it that far.