Hoinke Classic v2.0

Posted by: Dan300

Hoinke Classic v2.0 - 11/02/09 07:56 AM

The original Hoinke apparently went the way of the dodo bird after 2008-09. However, someone took it over, scaled it back, and resurrected it.

I was wondering if anyone has bowled in the new Hoinke yet. If so, how are the lane conditions?

I bowled in the original once, about 20 years ago, and remember they put down a reverse block condition. Whether that's still the case or not I don't know. I'm bowling in it again this weekend and would love some help on how to play the lanes. My initial approach is going to be to just find the (length of oil)-31 board then try to hit that breakpoint each time, but if someone has specific info I'd love to hear it.
Posted by: VampyreBowler

Re: Hoinke Classic v2.0 - 11/02/09 09:52 AM

I have wanted to try that tourney for a few years now then heard they stopped it. If they are bringing it back i may have to head up there, if I can find a team.

Re: Hoinke Classic v2.0 - 11/02/09 10:15 AM

I'm bowling in it this weekend. I'll have a report when I return.
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: Hoinke Classic v2.0 - 11/02/09 10:21 AM

Is it still in Cincinnati? Wow, that was in a former life, for me.
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: Hoinke Classic v2.0 - 11/02/09 10:29 AM

I hated that tournament, they would runs squads in April after the leagues and wouldn't put the tournament shot down, and you would see atop the leader board, astronomical scores, all from the Cincinnati area.

I remember winning a high block jack pot with a mid 600 set, I know there is no way someone shot 800+ on the crap shot we had to bowl on.

Re: Hoinke Classic v2.0 - 11/02/09 03:00 PM

Yep, still in Cincinnati.

Jim,

That's [censored]. I don't remember what my score was, but I'm guessing in the mid-400's or so. I was just out of youth leagues and not ready for what they threw at us.