Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI

Posted by: BIGHMW

Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 02:40 PM

After missing last week's Geico Plastic Ball Championship, which was won by Jeff Carter, Wes Malott (aka The Big Nasty) responded to the press as to why he didn't compete in it, as well as issuing a challenge to PTI (Pardon The Interruption) co-host Michael Wilbon to a one-game match.

What do you guys make of it?
Posted by: Vic44

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 02:58 PM

Wilbon should respond back that he will do that if Malott accepts his challenge to a 500 word article regarding steroids.

Personally, I believe Malott should have handled it a bit better. Seems like a decent enough guy most times, but he let a little criticism get under his skin rather than just giving a simple explanation and shrugging it off. He seemed awfully defensive.

But on the other hand, ANY national news on bowling is good news. No such thing as bad publicity except for the law breaking type of publicity.
Posted by: Atochabsh

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 02:58 PM

I'd like to comment but did not see the PTI episode. I looked around youtube and the web just a bit but could not find it. If someone can provide a link I would be greatful.

Either way, bowling can use the public drama.

Erin

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 03:41 PM

...and everytime he struck, he kept it (the topic and the accomanying controversy that went with it) going, also finishing that he "has the best equipment in the world to work with..." and he does, but really, Wes.

Why don't you take some time next week before the next tournament (the Don Johnson Buckeye Eliminator Championship) to go on PTI (live from Columbus) and issue the challenge to Michael Wilbon outright. Let's see how Wilbon reacts, especially after seeing your great performance this morning/afternoon and that title-winning 250+ game you bowled against Ronnie Russell. I'll bet you'd scare the daylights out of him, especially since he (much like most of us) bowls on a house pattern as opposed to the tougher conditions you guys bowl on every week.

Well, here it is:

Wes Malott vs. Michael Wilbon

(Wilbon gets to pick the PBA pattern this match would be contested on)

I would buy a ticket to see this one, and if I couldn't make it, then I'll record it onto DVD, as I do every tournament week for the past 3 seasons (I use to tape it on my VCR well before then).
Posted by: Dan300

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 04:26 PM

You know, some controversy might do bowling some good.

I didn't see the show either, but it sounds like something that might generate interest among the average sports fan who doesn't really watch bowling on TV.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 05:03 PM

Here it is, this is what started the whole controversy:

The piece I was talking about starts at the 1:13 mark.

Reactive resin balls are like "bowling on steroids"??? Come on!!!
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 05:21 PM

I'd like to read the interview that Wilbon was talking about. A lot of times, writers take what is said and completely twist it. I have seen live interviews then read the newspaper and been like: Where in the heck did he get that from. Before I take anyones side on this, I would like to see an actual transcript.

If Wes is in the right, then I think that he has every right to do what he did on the air. He was called out on National TV on a show that is much more watched than the PBA (I love watch PTI btw and watch it whenever I get a chance). I think that it is great that the week after it happened, Wes made the #1 seed in the most grueling format. Then, won the tourney.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 05:32 PM

Here is the article from The Denver Post that may very well explain it all:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11726571
Posted by: untutored

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PTI - 03/01/09 05:59 PM

It's pretty clear that Wes didn't compete because he has a very strong 'A' game and not a lot of versatility. That's why I don't think anybody would put him on the level of Norm Duke, PDW or WRW (who finished 15th in the plastic tourney IIRC) even though he's leading the tour in points and average.

If he challenged Wilbon to a bowling match, he's embarrassing himself and confirming the doubters--as Wilbon will realize immediately since he reports on a wide range of sports. A controversy may benefit bowling, but it won't help Wes (to put it mildly).
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 06:30 PM

[redacted]
Posted by: Smooth Stroker

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 06:56 PM

Wes and Barnes are easily the most versatile bowlers on the PBA tour. Duke, Water Ray, and PDW are a cut just below. The reason I say they are a cut just below is because they each have patterns that expose weaknessess. Barnes and Malott doesn't seem to have any weaknessess. They have the rev rate to play deep and the ball speed to play straight, and the accuracy to play the flatter patterns.

I don't think Wes gave good reasons for skipping the tourny in the article. He sounded a little more informed on the TV today. His reasoning sounded better today. He must've given it a lot of thought and said to himself that he didn't want to be labeled a chicken. He does seem to be a bit of a whiner though. He certainly let Wilbon get to him way too much. He should've said his piece and then let his bowling do the talking.

I guess good publicity is better than no publicity. I hope they have a plastic ball tourny every year. Let the ball makers rotate making the ball for a given year.
Posted by: untutored

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 07:12 PM

[redacted]

I haven't seen Wes throw outside yet. His inside shot is good enough that he can throw it on every pattern, obviously, so maybe he's fantastic out there, too. :shrug:
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 07:36 PM

Wes has played straighter up the lanes, but playing a different line is only a part of versatility. It's being able to make other changes to keep the ball in the pocket and score. I'm not sure how well Wes does all that, but he has shown he can bowl on all the conditions. Barnes definitely has the skills and talent to make the show, but like others have said many times before, he lets being on tv rattle him some.

As for Duke, WRW and PDW being versatile, I think Duke is really the most versatile out of those three. He can make more adjustments hand and speed wise than the other two plus play more parts of the lane. WRW can move in when the lanes break down but he sticks to his "A" game when ever possible. PDW has trouble getting more speed on the ball and as admitted so himself. He just has such a consistent clean release that he can score on most conditions and play some different lines but still using his "A" game much like Wes.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 07:52 PM

Wes played outside for the different pattern on each lane. if you remember he was throwing a silver streak on one lane and i think a cell pearl on the other.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 07:57 PM

I have read the article. The writers will write what they want to. What I want to hear is the actual interview.
Posted by: TheDemolitionMan

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 09:08 PM

From the little interview segment that they showed during the telecast is that Wes didn't like the placement of the tournament in the schedule. I can't for the life of me figure out why that would bother him but maybe someone else can think of something.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 09:15 PM

The reason Wes can play all of the patterns is because of one his ball speed and he must be able to kill some of the revs to play straight. I have seen him play pretty straight, at least for him. I haven't seen him venture out to the first arrow. But I have seen him play second arrow and around there. Duke makes his straight game work for him on all patterns. Ditto for WRW Jr. Barnes is the only one who can not only play first arrow as well as Duke, but also play 4th/5th arrow as well as PDW. To me, that's versatile. Being able to play a certain style and winning with it is two different things though. Wes is on the verge of dominating the tour. He has the speed to play the short patterns and the revs to play the long patterns. If he can show the accuracy to win on the tough patterns, he will win multiple titles each year.

One thing about Wes. It always seems to me that he doesn't put much on the ball. Maybe that's because I can't see the rotation on his ball. But his ball sure comes back strong. It seems like effortless power.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 09:45 PM

That's why I think Fagan will be player of the year next season. He's been on tv enough to get rid of the jitters not he just has to roll with it.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 09:58 PM

There are too many variables to even try to predict who will be Player of the Year next season. This season's isn't completely wrapped up yet but Wes's win today does give him an advantage.
Posted by: cgeorg

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 10:35 PM

Demo, the plastic tournament was between a grueling major and a grueling 54 game tournament.

Smooth, he has actually been backing off his release this year a bit, it seems to me. If you watch the US Open he made, in his match against PDW, they did a slow-mo of his release, and it was just sick what he did to the ball. He has been nicer to it lately. He has also been playing more up the back of the ball on a lot of patterns, like the Shark. However, he does still get more on the ball than most of us, and with little to no effort. He (and Fagan) are perhaps the PDW of the young guns.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/01/09 11:19 PM

4 minutes in.. that is INSANE what he did to that ball it should be illegal.
Posted by: Luksa

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/02/09 01:22 AM

Just don't let it hypnotize you smile
Posted by: kwik8

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/02/09 08:36 AM

The most impressive part of his release is that he makes it look so effortless.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/02/09 05:11 PM

Here is another article involving the Malott vs. Wilbon challenge:

http://[Banned-URL].net/2009/03/01/a-big-moment-for-bowling/

(Special thenks goes out to David Burnett for submitting the article, he sent it to my e-mail this morning)

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/02/09 06:48 PM

I taped PTI today. Wilbon said that he would bowl Malott but he wanted at least 55 pins. The show might be on ESPN in hour or 2.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/02/09 08:21 PM

Somebody please if you can do it, upload the show onto YouTube and please post it here. I would love to hear what Michael Wilbon said.

As for The Big Nasty giving him at least 55 pins, it's obvious that Wilbon's league average is about 150-160 or so, if my avg./handicap ratio is correct (90% of 200-210). Also, make it so that Wes Malott has to use a plastic ball (can't avoid it this time, now can you Wes???) while Michael Wilbon gets to use his reactive equipment and also gets his choice of what oil pattern they will compete on.

Even with that, he'll still need a little help in the form of either an open frame or a foul from Wes, (remember he fouled twice against Liz Johnson in their historic semi-final match in 2005, allowing Tommy Jones and Liz Johnson to have their epic and history-making title match) as well as some good-old-fashioned pin carry.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/02/09 11:30 PM

It looked like Wilbon simply was trying to laugh it off and not even take it seriously. Then once Kornhieser or however the hell you spell his name, started to call him out for calling out a professional athelete. After that, then Wilbon started listing off stimulations cause he knew he was in trouble.
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 05:47 AM

Hey at least Wilbon is talking about bowling, who else in sports talk is even mentioning it? I am happy that Wilbon bowls and I think he was saying what we were all thinking "What are you afraid of, by not bowling?" Wes called him out on it, but in fairness, Wes Should have bowled, I understand the reasons he didn't, but he still should have sucked it up as a professional and did it.

Taking off the week of the plastic ball tournament is tantamount to me taking off every time we have to run loads of cable in a building. Just because it is hard work is no excuse for taking off.

He can call me out and I would be happy to bowl him, but I can't bowl so eat it big wussy!

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 08:09 AM

If I call him out, will he bowl me? I want a match with Wes frown

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 09:52 AM

Wilbon says he will take on Malott? Well maybe. What do you think. Could he win?
Posted by: Chubbs

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 11:35 AM

That depends. On a house condition, I think he can win. On the Scorpion or Shark, he hasn't got a chance.

Wes, I'm calling you out too. If I beat you, I get your release... nelson
Posted by: TenPin_

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 12:05 PM

Those guys are pretty funny, I love how Wilbon's co-host is ragging on him. And I think it's great for bowling, they should make a charity event out of it and get it on TV!
Posted by: OldManMike

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 02:55 PM

I don't blame Michael Wilbon one bit for calling out Wes Malott...here's why.

I first started bowling in '69, at age 6, and have seen and bowled on it all: Rubber, plastic, urethane, resin; lacquer, water-based, synthetic; stroker, cranker, swinger, ripper; lane mops, Century 100s, Phoenix, Kegel; flats, crowns, full 10-10 blocks, impossible reverse blocks. I have also worked in every position in a bowling center, from part-time porter to mechanic to general manager. Therefore, I speak from a position of knowledge, not necessarily authority.

When I graduated to adult ranks in '81, I was a decent bowler, who got quickly better when I actually started listening to my fellow bowlers. However, one primary difference was the RESPECT factor. My parents, and grandparents before them also bowled, were fairly decent, and were respected by their peers. There was a CLEAR understanding that whether I was a better bowler than my folks or their peers, I still had to have RESPECT for them. My fondest memory of those times was bowling in 1988 with a gentleman who was 84 years old, a local and state Hall of Famer, who still averaged 187.

So what if my average was 10 pins higher-this man was the REAL DEAL, a legitimate legend! I only wished that I could have one-tenth of his knowledge and ability!

To tie it in with Mr. Malott, the majority of bowlers under 35 years old NEVER threw a ball under the conditions of old, and learned how to compensate via ball speed, hand position, etc. While this fact is not their doing, there exists a refusal on their part to acknowledge their predecessors and their abilities.

I gave up competitive bowling after the 2000-2001 season because of these young punks. In their minds, they were better than you, discussion over, and in a reflection of society as a whole, they had the attitude to go with it. I bowled on many a scratch league team that won league titles and struggled, but no matter what, we still had a good time. Today's generation, it's kill or behave like a idiot.

The USBC and proprietors wonder why league membership and tournament participation is declining? Just spend a few nights in your local bowling center, and watch the behavior of league participants. Given the expense involved, it's no wonder why many bowlers are just plain giving up, saying "I'm paying good money to get aggravated? No thanks!"

Wes Malott skipped the plastic tournament because he knew that he might be exposed as a technology fraud, and was afraid to face the music.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 03:15 PM

OldManMike,

I will agree with you about us "young guns," we really don't have a clue or at least I don't. I'm constantly humbled by things that more experienced bowlers seem to handle in two shots. I mean I just got a plastic ball and I'll come out and say that I'm having a tough time throwing it. I started with reactive balls and in getting it I knew it was going to be a challenge throwing it. I won't shy away from it though. Every bowler older and more experienced than me has said that it is something you absolutely need, especially for spare shots when the pattern is not as forgiving. And all of them seem to average, 30-40 pins higher than me as well as, tell me about the differenct conditions they've bowled on or different jobs they've had at an alley. I don't like to shy away from that. Knowledge is power after all.

I will say that you did answer my other question about the whole Malott/Wilbon contreversy. And that was, if Wilbon is going to call Wes out, why didn't he call out the Duke? He's sitting right behind Wes in the Player of the Year standings, so why not? And then it hit me, the respect factor you were talking about. Norm has been there, played on those tough conditions with plastic balls. There is no reason to call out a legend like Norm for something like that. Besides he'd probably mop the floor with them anyways.

As for Malott being a tech fraud, that arguement could easily be made. Self-taught, unorthodox style, throws some of the strongest equipment on the market today, throws a reactive ball at spares, nicknamed Mr. Versatility this year but refuses participation in the plastic ball tourney. Yeah I could see how someone could come to that conclusion.

So nobody thinks he's choice has nothing to do with the placement of the plastic ball tourney in between the Masters and the Marathon tournaments.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: OldManMike
Wes Malott skipped the plastic tournament because he knew that he might be exposed as a technology fraud, and was afraid to face the music.

I agree with every thing you said in your post until the very end. Looking at the guys who made the plastic ball show, they'd all be classified as power players. With the exception of PDW, who in many ways is a holdover from days of yore, they were all guys who rip the cover off the ball when conditions warrant. John Jowdy wrote a great article a couple months ago about who has been affected more by the advent of reactive bowling balls. Straight players (Walter Ray, Norm Duke etc.) have actually benefitted more than stronger players have. Mallot has such a powerful release that he actually would have had an advantage over most of the field in the plastic ball event.

I understand and appreciate that the game was different in the bad old days. Does that make me think we should go back to polyester or rubber balls and oil all the way through the pin deck? No. Honestly, I think the ills of league bowling you mention are a greater reflection on cultural rot than there being anything wrong with the game. It's not just bowling where this is occuring.

Malott sat out in a vain effort to make a point to the PBA, nothing more or less.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 03:31 PM

Welcome to the site, Mike.

Originally Posted By: Chubbs

I agree with every thing you said in your post until the very end.

I agreed with almost everything up until the very end. I don't think you can say that the younger guys on tour don't have respect for those that came before them. Kids in league, maybe, but not the guys at that level. If you listen to them talk on Xtra Frame, they tend to be very mindful and respectful of the history of the game, and those that came before them. You'll also find that, when they interview older players (Carmen Salvino sticks out), that the older guys believe that the current crop of professional bowlers are better than they ever were.

Now, what of the older exempt players that didn't participate? Was Norm Duke afraid of being exposed as a technology fraud?
Posted by: RLD

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Luksa

Not only am I hypnotized, just staring at all those revolutions made me dizzy! seeingstars LMAO!

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 05:04 PM

[

I understand and appreciate that the game was different in the bad old days. Does that make me think we should go back to polyester or rubber balls and oil all the way through the pin deck? No. Honestly, I think the ills of league bowling you mention are a greater reflection on cultural rot than there being anything wrong with the game. It's not just bowling where this is occuring.

I highlighted exactly what my main issue is/was, and how Wes is a graduate of that school of thought. To me, he's just arrogant. Not questioning his ability per se, just the attitude.
Posted by: Justinmill14

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 05:06 PM

Gosh I would love to have a release like that!

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 05:13 PM

Thanks for the replies, folks. I enjoy a good debate.

I believe that bowling, like many other sports, needs to reorganize its record books due to the technology revolution. Honestly, it's very difficult to compare the abilities of Hardwick, Weber, Carter, and even Roth, Anthony, and Holman to the current crop of professionals. There are just too many factors out of the bowler's control to place much, if any, blame upon them for the scoring explosion.

On the other hand, we can thank the esteemed folks formerly in Greendale for opening Pandora's Box. THEY approved the ridiculously easy lane conditions; THEY approved the insanely explosive balls; THEY approved the posting of a lane condition prior to bowling.

Scores didn't get crazy until the urethanes began arriving in the early 80's, and it was shortly thereafter when the ABC started monkeying around with short oil and other schemes which certainly haven't worked to stem the tsunami. Perhaps the USBC needs to create 2 record books; pre- and post-urethane.

You can look at it this way; take a so-so bowler, get them a few hundred dollars' worth of high-end balls, and their average is going up 10-25 pins, without a doubt. Now, take your weekend golfer who shoots mid to high 90's; buy THEM a $5000 set of custom golf clubs. Guess what? They ain't shooting any better scores. Even with all the high-tech golf gear, the once-a-week Joe Golfer needs SKILL instead of EQUIPMENT to score better.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: RLD
Originally Posted By: Luksa

Not only am I hypnotized, just staring at all those revolutions made me dizzy! seeingstars LMAO!

Yeah, but watching the flex in his hand/wrist, I wish I had stayed in school and become a hand surgeon, since he's gonna need some work in a few years!

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 05:37 PM

I myself am a product of the urethene ball (my first ball was an Ebonite Thunderbolt, remember the POWER CORE it had in it folks?), but when I was younger I had to bowl with house balls mostly made of either rubber or plastic.

I have also watched bowling on TV (mainly on ABC as well as other networks) occasionally since the mid-70's and have on a hardcore basis since 1989. I have a great deal of respect for not only the rich history of the sport, as well as the greats who were a part of it.

And thanks mostly to all the YouTube users who upload all of that vintage footage of PBA Tour events from decades (not just years) past, I have an even greater understanding of what lane conditions were like during the days when Hall Of Famers Earl Anthony, [censored] Weber, Marshall Holman and Mark Roth dominated the game. Those conditions were indeed what we call "grindouts", and very low scoring at that, yet it also make for good drama when you see a sub-200 game winning either a match or a title.

From there on to the urethene years of the 80s and guys like Brian Voss, WRW, Amleto Monacelli, Mike Aulby and others who dominated most of the late-80s and early-90s, until the reactive resin balls came out late 1992-early 1993. Even then I heard guys refer to the reactive resin balls in bowling as tantamount to aluminum bats in baseball (up until they turn pro).

I got my first reactive ball in 1997 (an Ebonite Jaguar) and I currently roll with the Storm X-Factor Series, mainly the Vertigo, Triple X, and the Ace, as well as my (U.S.-made from 1999) Ebonite Skull ball for spares. and they have helped me with my game greatly, due to the fact that my older urethene balls would just slide like a tire on ice because of all the oil that there is on the lanes (there is about 25X more oil on the lanes than when I started in 1989).

Yes, I am not one of the ones who is graced with a release like either Pete Weber or Wes Malott have, but I have a great deal of respect for the rich history of the game and the greats who made their mark (gee was there a pun intended? smile ) on it, but we can always dream that we were on TV needing a strike to win a PBA title (or especially a major), although it is all a figment of our imagination.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 06:45 PM

Wilbon accepts the challenge.

Erin
Posted by: Scott Gannon

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 07:34 PM

OldManMike,

I just wanted to add to your comments which I agree for the most part.

I too was raised to respect my elders and like you said even if you averaged higher than them you had the utmost respect for them. It is like you said attitudes are a reflection of society as a whole and that has invaded sports. Some of the behavior and showboating I have seen is disgusting. One night when my teammate congratulated a guy in his early 20’s on making the washout he left and his comment to her was “That is normal for me”. I always congratulate the other teams after a night of bowling. It is just good sportsmanship. Many times when I have out bowled these prima donna anchors they do not even so much as acknowledge that you did a good job and spend the entire night acting like something is wrong with the lanes, the approach, their hand, or whatever else they can look for as an excuse rather than just manning up and accepting they got out bowled that night. Several of them leave the lanes in a huff without saying a word.

Thankfully these guys are the minority where I bowl and they are outnumbered by far with good people who are friendly and there for the fun. The problem like you mention is the few bad apples can drive people away with their silly behavior and dumb arguments. Too many times these top teams try to bend or break the rules to get an advantage and then the entire league has to go through meetings to settle their silly disputes and it drives good people away.

On Wes Mallott I am not quite sold on the fact that he skipped the tournament because he would be exposed as a technology fraud. I will agree it is possible but I really do not think that since any given bowler can tank in any given tournament and most people would never even know.

Well I have had my rant and I am glad there is someone else who has the same feelings I do.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/03/09 09:28 PM

If the PBA and ESPN publicity machines get behind this, this could be one of the best things to happen to bowling in 20 years.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 06:06 AM

Quote:
On Wes Mallott I am not quite sold on the fact that he skipped the tournament because he would be exposed as a technology fraud.

I agree, he is not a technology fraud, he might have even won the plastic ball tournament if he decided to bowl, but he did have an unfair advantage by taking off the week before the marathon tournament, compounded by the advantage of not having to spend a few hours practicing to remove any bad habits picked up from the plastic ball tournament (hitting up on the ball is not penalized as much with a plastic ball as it is a reactive ball, and can take some time to stop doing once started).
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 09:07 AM

I highlighted exactly what my main issue is/was, and how Wes is a graduate of that school of thought. To me, he's just arrogant. Not questioning his ability per se, just the attitude.

I see you say this multiple times and you say these young guys are disrespectful, arrogant, and don't give their due respect. Then you bring up that Norm Duke, Walter Ray and Pete Weber are not from that era and show plenty of respect, but in my opinion Pete Weber has just as much arrogance (I would say its confidence as well) in his abilities. I don't think these new guys are acting different than anyone else did at that point in their career. Wes Malott has every right to be confident in his abilities, and in order to be at the top of your game you have to think you are better than everyone else, no matter what the conditions are. If you are not confident enough to say that you will never make a TV show, let alone win a title.
Posted by: bluesman_vt_2002

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: CoachJim
[quote]he did have an unfair advantage by taking off the week before the marathon tournament, compounded by the advantage of not having to spend a few hours practicing to remove any bad habits picked up from the plastic ball tournament

Which is a testament to how good PDW and Chris Barnes are to make both shows...

As far as arrogance... that is not a generational thing. That's a personal thing. It would be absolutely unrealistic to think that there weren't bowlers in the WRW Jr/Duke/Voss prime that weren't arrogant. Nor would it be realistic to say that there weren't bowlers like that in the Weber/Carter/Anthony days.

And those opinions are completely subjective. I've heard stories about Burton Jr and Holman and that list goes on, indicating that they were not necessarily the most humble of people.

Additionally, I have heard stories of Barnes, PDW, WRW Jr, all the way up to Tommy Jones, Malott, etc.

Are they arrogant? Depends on your personal definition of arrogant. One person's arrogance is another's confidence. I've met several pros both products of the modern game and back as far as plastic. I've met Roth, who sat and chatted with me for 30 minutes. Wayne Webb, not even the time of day. Tommy Jones, very quiet and not a lot of interaction... arrogant? or shy? Walter Ray, very aloof... bored? uninterested? tired? Again who knows. Depends on the day and your own tolerance.

Back to Wes, he could have shrugged it and left it alone. But we'd be fool hardy to think that there aren't people within the PBA that weren't pushing ole Wes to continue it. Strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 09:50 AM

I agree, he is not a technology fraud, he might have even won the plastic ball tournament if he decided to bowl, but he did have an unfair advantage by taking off the week before the marathon tournament, compounded by the advantage of not having to spend a few hours practicing to remove any bad habits picked up from the plastic ball tournament (hitting up on the ball is not penalized as much with a plastic ball as it is a reactive ball, and can take some time to stop doing once started).

I don't think that it was an unfair advantage. An advantage? Sure. Bowling week after week as many as those guys do, being able to take a week off probably did him a lot of good. Tiger doesn't golf in every tournament. He plays the majors, other big tourneys, then a handful of others. There are guys who play week in and week out and win every so often. When Tiger won 6 times in a row once and 7 times in a row another time, people were talking about how impressive it is to be able to win that many times in a row. Which it is. But, he also took tourneys off inbetween. Byron Nelson won 11 tourneys in a row. You think that he took a week off? No. He also won 18 times that season by the way.

People don't criticize Tiger for taking so many weeks off. It may be unfair comparing Tiger to Wes but to me, it seems silly to attack a guy for taking a week off between a major and before a 54 game marathon tourney. Golfers do it all of the time. If it would have been just another tourney, no big deal. But, because it was a plastic ball challenge, everyone is up in arms about it. On top of that, they guy is married and has kids. Taking a little time off to spend with his family is not a bad thing.
Posted by: JStevensMD

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 09:53 AM

When talking about the arrogance/respect factor, you can't make such broad generalizations. Sure there are the arrogant young players that have no respect for the older guys that aren't scoring as well as they are. What you forget is there are just as many that hold those older players in high regard and really enjoy playing with them. It's just the arrogant ones tend to stand out and be more easily remembered.

This however, is not isolated to bowling, it's just the way society in general works.

I will say this however. A lot of the older bowlers are much more stubborn in their game. They don't want to move, even if the oil conditions change, they would rather complain about the volume of oil. All they have to do is move 4-5 boards right and play more up the edge, but they refuse too.

There also seems to be some sort of label for the younger power players. If you crank the ball or are a high rev tweener, you must be an arrogant ***. Now personally I'm a stroker, low rev, high speed. But most of the guys I bowl with reguraly are crankers and high-rev tweeners. All of them hold older players in high regard, shake their hands, chat with them, and just enjoy bowling, the history, and the stories that go along with it. After thursday night late shift, we reguraly don't leave the bar till 2-3 am from sitting around listening to stories of days yonder.

And finally, people seem to be holding Wes to their own expectations. These players, for the most part, are not massively rich. They are driving their RV/Car's from one stop to the next, not living the lavish lifestyles of the rich and famous. Their income is directly related to their bowling performance week in and week out. This plastic ball tournament, was more of a publicity stunt for the PBA then it was a serious tournament. With the amount of games they are playing per week, I would want some time off too.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 10:09 AM

I'm not convinced that the PBA put this tournament out as a stunt. I know that there are arguments for and against. But one guy, namely Jeff Carter, must be thrilled as it gave him the exemption that he needed to continue next year. He was dangerously close to the exemption cut line, which mean Tour Trials or TQR's. Stunt or serious tournament, he was bowling for his job.

GP made a great point. If Wes skipped any other tournament, we aren't typing about it right now...

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 10:22 AM

You can look at it this way; take a so-so bowler, get them a few hundred dollars' worth of high-end balls, and their average is going up 10-25 pins, without a doubt. Now, take your weekend golfer who shoots mid to high 90's; buy THEM a $5000 set of custom golf clubs. Guess what? They ain't shooting any better scores. Even with all the high-tech golf gear, the once-a-week Joe Golfer needs SKILL instead of EQUIPMENT to score better.

To a certain extent, you're right. However, it's not really a valid comparison because golf has never come up with an equivalent to the typical house shot (thank goodness for that). I suppose you could start building golf courses with funnel contoured greens, and fairways that all slope toward the middle but that costs quite a bit more than just walling up your bowling lanes. Also, golf has a greater depth and breadth of skills that must be mastered to play at a high level. Imagine having to master more than one fundamental arm swing for bowling analagous to driving, approach shots, chipping, and putting.

Having said that, lets re-visit your analogy. Put Joe "League Bowler" on the US Open pattern with a polyester spare ball and let him throw a series. Now, move Joe over to a fresh pair and give him a modern performance ball and a spare ball for comparison's sake. Will his series be higher with the modern ball? I just don't think so.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 11:22 AM

Put Joe "League Bowler" on the US Open pattern with a polyester spare ball and let him throw a series. Now, move Joe over to a fresh pair and give him a modern performance ball and a spare ball for comparison's sake. Will his series be higher with the modern ball? I just don't think so.

+1.

I also DO think that if you put took Joe Golfer's 460cc driver away from him, on a wife open public course, and made him use a persimmon, he'd shoot 9-18 strokes higher per round. A 275 yard slice, when there are no trees around, is still better than a 50 yard shank. You can even move the weights around to tune your shot shape - hey, just like bowling!

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 11:33 AM

Quote:
GP made a great point. If Wes skipped any other tournament, we aren't typing about it right now...

Nor are we talking about the other bowlers that sat out that week: Norm Duke for example.

Erin

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 11:38 AM

Or Doug Kent.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 11:42 AM

Also a very good point. The defense there was that "he always take some time off in this part of the year..."

One of my bowling buddies is on the anti-Wes train and was adamant that he should have bowled because he is an entertainer. My response had several points, but one was also a question that no one but Storm/Roto and Wes can answer. What kind of monetary incentives are there for him if he wins Player of the Year? Here's a guy in the hunt for that. Yes, he said it was bad timing, even at the beginning of the year, and if his season was tanked, maybe he bowls, but it's not. He's there now.

Duke... same thing. What about Doug Kent? Rhino?

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 04:46 PM

I don't remember hearing any of the others, namely duke, kent or rhino complaining about the tournament, that's the only reason Wilbon jumped on him in the first place.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: General Pounder

I don't think that it was an unfair advantage. An advantage? Sure. Bowling week after week as many as those guys do, being able to take a week off probably did him a lot of good. Tiger doesn't golf in every tournament. He plays the majors, other big tourneys, then a handful of others. There are guys who play week in and week out and win every so often. When Tiger won 6 times in a row once and 7 times in a row another time, people were talking about how impressive it is to be able to win that many times in a row. Which it is. But, he also took tourneys off inbetween. Byron Nelson won 11 tourneys in a row. You think that he took a week off? No. He also won 18 times that season by the way.

People don't criticize Tiger for taking so many weeks off. It may be unfair comparing Tiger to Wes but to me, it seems silly to attack a guy for taking a week off between a major and before a 54 game marathon tourney. Golfers do it all of the time. If it would have been just another tourney, no big deal. But, because it was a plastic ball challenge, everyone is up in arms about it. On top of that, they guy is married and has kids. Taking a little time off to spend with his family is not a bad thing.

Couldn't have said it any better Gp.
Posted by: Jay R.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 05:38 PM

I missed the part where Wes complained about the Plastic Ball tourney, aside from last week's show where he called out Wilbon.
Posted by: Scott Gannon

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 08:01 PM

jStevensMD,

I really do not have a problem with arrogance so to speak. I think you need some degree of it to be successful. I have met some bowlers who have arrogance that I have no problem with. It is because even though they may be arrogant they respect their fellow bowlers. It is the guys who act like they are better than everyone else, make every excuse when they are not doing well, and never give anyone else who does well credit that I have an issue with. You are right that many times because the most arrogant ones seem to be younger power players, that group in general tends to get a bad rap. As you can see by your own assessment however as you labeled a lot of older bowlers as stubborn and not wanting to move so judging a book by its cover does happen sometimes. I judge by the person, not the age group or style of play.

The way I look at it is in league bowling there is a kind of chain. You have those guys averaging 160 who on occasion are going to hand it to the 180 average guys. There are the 180 average guys who are going to hand it to the 200 average guys on occasion, there are the 200… well you get my point. I would never disrespect a lower average bowler than myself because they beat me (unless the person was just a complete jerk). It is those few guys who feel they are above it all that really get to me. It is common sportsmanship to shake hands and congratulate the winning team and some of these prima donnas cannot even be man enough to do that.

One thing a lot of these guys fail to recognize or accept is that a lot of us bowlers are at a HUGE disadvantage. I will use myself as an example. I am pretty much content to bowl one league mainly for fun. I do not care to spend a lot of money on all the latest equipment and lessons. I have one bowling ball, I bowl 3 games a week (in my league), and practice once in a blue moon. Now here comes some young arrogant guy who has a physical advantage, bowls in 3 leagues, practices all the time, and has 4 bowling balls at their disposal. I certainly would hope he is a better bowler than me because if not something is definitely wrong. Without knowing someone’s back ground (how many times they bowl, the equipment they have, do they take lessons, how long have they bowled) it is hard to know exactly how skilled a bowler they are. An average alone is not really a good indicator of how good someone is.

I guess I am just trying to say to these guys who think they are above it all you need to realize that being a good sport sure beats having everyone think you are a jerk and you may want to reconsider your attitude because most of us would never give you any respect to you like we would give to a high average bowler who is humble and gives us the respect any person deserves.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 09:51 PM

Did someone suggest that Pete Weber shows class and respect? You haven't been following bowling for very long have you?

Marshall Holman is another that was arrogant and hated during his time, but hey, keep thinking it's the new guys who act that way.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/04/09 11:37 PM

My complaint about Wes was like Jim said. He complained about the tourny, changed his story on tv and never stopped talking about it on the show. If he said his piece one time and stuck to his guns and didn't keep harping on about it then that would've been okay.
Arrogant young bowlers? I've seen them. But I've seen arrogant middle aged bowlers and arrogant older bowlers too. It's a personality issue, not an age issue. You can be a clown at any age.
If I were on the show, you would see a confident bowler also. I get emotional when I bowl. Just trying to cheer myself on. Never to degrade my opponent.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 03:04 AM

Are we going to overly critize one bowler; Wes Mallott, for one moment of possible arrogance? I've watched and admired Mr. Mallott for years and he's always been a model of decorum on the lanes via TV and as far as I know off the lanes too. He does NOT have a hot headed or arrogant reputation.

Yet we have one incident and now he's been crucified.

If you were to put yourself in Wes' place two weeks ago. "Should I bowl, should I now bowl?" "well, i'll have to change this, I'll have to change that", "I know I've been doing so well, I don't need to throw a wrench in the recipe", "Next week is going to be tough, marathon bowling on multiple patterns, I need to be on my game".

"I'm sitting out this week". .........

Along with some other well known bowlers. Geese, now I'm in this boiling pot of technology vs the game. All over one tournament he choose not to bowl in. He was honest when questioned about it. I'm sure everyone on the tour was thinking the same thing, some choose to participate and some did not. Do you think that any one of the tour players thought "Gee, a plastic ball tournament, this is my big chance". because I'm so good with using a plastic ball as my strike ball on a challenging shot. Or maybe they thought, "I'm sticking it out, things might go my way and this might be my chance". It was a great event and one that I think everyone enjoyed. Congrats to Jeff Carter, for showing us what we already knew....he's a one heck of a bowler. But whether Wes Mallott choose to bowl or not is not dependant on his mental status/confidence or versatility on the lanes. He made a decision to not bowl, as did others. He has various reasons for that.

Is the resulting drama good for bowling.......we'll see.

Erin
Posted by: 4StepShaun

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 05:02 AM

Erin, I totally agree.

I had to make a huge change to my game to go from a huge back swing & heavy cranking to a longer, smoother follow-through to toss the reactive stuff and not have it over-react.

While I would welcome the challenge to competitively throw a plastic ball it's not something I *should* do, as who knows what reverting to the cranking would do to my game.

I actually have permanent wrist damage from one night when the machine clearly spilled oil on my pair (lanes 1&2 when even 3&4 had a normal line - clearly a malfunction) and i had to jump back to cranking straight up the 1 board (with a sanded flare no less) to get to the pocket. While it worked and I was the only one even remotely close to my average on the pair I have lived with the damage for going on 8 years now.. even missed a solid 2 years of bowling due to it. frown

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 06:29 AM

Quote:
If you were to put yourself in Wes' place two weeks ago. "Should I bowl, should I now bowl?" "well, i'll have to change this, I'll have to change that", "I know I've been doing so well, I don't need to throw a wrench in the recipe", "Next week is going to be tough, marathon bowling on multiple patterns, I need to be on my game".

"I'm sitting out this week". .........

This is why he had an unfair advantage and shouldn't have been allowed to bowl last week in the marathon tournament. Do you think the others didn't have the same thoughts going through their head? They all had to change their game to bowl on with the plastic balls and do well, and then change a bunch of things back to be able to do well in the marathon as well as take the extra wear and tear that trying to get a plastic ball to carry will put on your hand, but they did it, they "Shoed UP" and bowled without complaint.

I bet many of Malot's fans in Colorado, that have been waiting all year to see him bowl were happy for him that he didn't bowl. I remember when the tour used to come to the DC area and half the guys on tour would take off that week which always ensured we would see Ernie Schlegel, Bobby Knipple or Guppy Troup.

The tour is a grind, these guys to through a lot for our entertainment and I'm not begrudging anyone a week off, just don't make a big stink about it and get fussy when you get called out on it and have the decency to take off the Marathon event too since you are all rested and your competition is running on empty.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 09:54 AM

We didn't hear the actual interview that Wes did with the Colorado paper. We got a few quotes. What he said could have been taken out of context. We will never know. As for Wes going after Wilbon, I don't blame him a bit. I get called out on TV by a guy who has never been in my shoes, I am going to be [censored].

I still don't see how it is an unfair advantage. Players take a week off all of the time. Duke took the week off and I would venture to guess that he has more fans that Wes.

Again, I go back to golf and Tiger. He takes weeks off so he can be better refreshed for the following week. Plus, he is good enough where he doens't have to be out there week in and week out for a paycheck. Wes is having a great season and taking a week off before the end of the year swing to get the player of the year probably did him a world of good.

Is being at the top of your sport and having the ability to take a week off and still be on top an unfair advantage? I don't think so.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 11:10 AM

Since the PBA didn't make that particular tournament mandatory (or any that I know of), it was up to each player if they wanted to participate. The other players had the same choice.

Erin

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
Since the PBA didn't make that particular tournament mandatory (or any that I know of), it was up to each player if they wanted to participate. The other players had the same choice.

Erin

I completely agree here. Every bowler was given the opportunity to bowl or not, some might be forced based on sponsorship requirements but the majority could elect to not participate if they wanted. Wes Malott took the week off just as many others have done throughout this season and rested for what he thought was going to be a much harder tournament. To me Wes Malott played it smart and took a week off in between two grueling events, the ones that take off other odd weeks just don't get chastised for it.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 08:36 PM

For all you Malott haters he posted a 137 this morning in the first round.

http://www.pba.com/livescoring/Qual_Ind_Results.aspx?ContactId=8642&tournamentId=1585

Really picking it up though, last 3 games in the 270s.

By the way I am a fan. I used to be able to move my wrist like he does. I wish I had conditioned better. Everybody always said I was going to [censored] up my wrist doing that.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 09:58 PM

wow malott is killing it in the second block.

hows he doing compared to other bowlers whats his chance of making the show? looks pretty good if he keeps it up.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/05/09 10:39 PM

Right now he is in tenth, but he still has a chance to get on up there. He is bowling way better the second block

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/06/09 06:26 AM

Well they have the round of 33 qualifying to go and thats two 7 game blocks, one on Viper than one on Scorpion for the cut to 16. Then the Eliminator round begins. For the Eliminator Round, Bowlers will be grouped in fours based on 21 game pinfall (#1, #8, #9, and #16, etc.). Each Eliminator round will consist of two games, the lowest two game pinfall in each group will be eliminated from the tournament. So anyone with one bad game could be out. This is when the left lane is dressed with Scorpion and the right with Viper begins, the Eliminator round.
Posted by: Jay R.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/06/09 06:52 AM

It'll be pretty much anyone's game after the cut to 16. I think Malott will make the show and I'm hoping Duke and Machuga do as well, but they should all be bowling in the top 16.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/06/09 09:21 PM

Personally I'm pulling for the veteran Danny Wiseman and the youngster Eddie VanDaniker to make the show.

The four "divisions" are Mike Scroggins, Michael Fagan, Wes Malott and Ryan Schafer, then Bill O'Neill, Tommy Jones, Chris Barnes and Eugene McCune, then Parker Bohn, Mika Koivuniemi, Ritchie Allen and Danny Wiseman and finally Joe Bailey, Edward VanDaniker Jr, Rhino Page and Mike DeVaney. Sounds interesting and none of the 4 different elimination groups are going to be easy to survive.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/06/09 09:34 PM

me and cgeorg [have] to go for this guy from pittsburgh.

http://www.pba.com/livescoring/Qual_Ind_Results.aspx?ContactId=25977&tournamentId=1585

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 03/06/09 09:53 PM

Yeah I saw the guy from Pittsburgh, Joe Baily. The really funny thing is I don't like any of the sports teams from Baltimore, actually I root for them to lose, but when it comes to bowling I don't mind seeing the local guys do good on the national stage. I'd personally like to see VanDaniker make his first show. He's been bowling good recently, just missing the show last week.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/14/09 03:45 AM

Hey.. .the match DID happen! The link below is a Spoiler about the match that took place between Wes Malott & Michael Wilbon of PTI from the Kegel Training Center where the woman's series & king of bowling was filmed.

It will air during the king of bowling. The article reveals the score and there is a ~10minute video including before & after interviews as well as a bunch of shots of the match. He also *might* have given a spoiler about the King Of Bowling results but as I do not know (nor want to know) that information before it airs I am not sure. The king's throne is in the background, though!!

http://www.espnregionalmedia.com/now/?tag=wes-malott

Do NOT click if you want to be surprised when it airs on ESPN!!!!!!

Posted by: Mattdean76

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/18/09 10:11 PM

Just saw the full clip of the match on ESPN. For those that want to see it on tv is Wednesday April 22, 9p-10p on ESPN2,otherwise the video of it is here...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4077430&categoryid=2378529
Posted by: mikeyyy44805

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/18/09 10:21 PM

i really hope that jason bwelmonte wins! he is my favorite bowler!
Posted by: bowlerchic1

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/19/09 01:49 AM

Thanks for the link dude! That was alot of fun to watch, I was hoping to see wilbon eat malott's dust regardless of the handicap-but that's just me.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/19/09 11:09 AM

Finally got a chance to watch the Wilbon/Malott challenge. You've got to hand it to Wilbon for playing so well.
Posted by: Vic44

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/19/09 01:15 PM

More info on how to see this event.

The match finally took place last week, and will air on ESPN 2, April 22 as part of a special PBA bowling series. If you don’t want to wait till then, the match is available to see right now on ESPN.com.

Cheers.
Vic.

Posted by: mikeyyy44805

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/19/09 10:03 PM

yeah, itsss sooooo funny! haha
Posted by: beefers1

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/20/09 02:30 AM

Hey, Rob Stone isn't serious about the PBA tour exemption, right?

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/20/09 09:06 PM

So the match between malott and wilbon will be on this wednesday??

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/21/09 10:53 AM

I believe they are going to air part of it, like the first 5 frames, and then end it the following week but I could be wrong.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/21/09 03:49 PM

I couldn't wait any longer, so I had to go check out the match. It was a great match and the interview at the end is pretty funny also.
Posted by: Taylor S.

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 04/25/09 09:22 PM

i watched it and laughed. Wilbon is gonna win the PBA open next year D:
Posted by: Kappasheno

Re: Wes Malott's challenge to Michael Wilbon of PT - 05/03/09 10:59 PM

I'm so happy I own a Rogue Cell! Wes is still the best! Bowling needs more of this..., fun.