Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship...

Posted by: AmpleSound

Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 09:39 AM

Well I went to the Pro-Am, and talk about an experience. Got to meet Billy Oatman, Andrew Cain, Steve Jaros, Mike DeVaney, George Lambert IV, and John Nolen. The cheetah ran up and stole any pride I thought I had lol. Though it was a good time, and interesting experience. It didn't help the people at Brunswick Zone Wheat Ridge couldn't spell my name right, nor did they enter my last years book average... Other than that it was a good time, and I got to bowl with a couple that bowls on my Saturday league. I was surprised how many lefties there were too.
Posted by: J_w73

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 10:50 AM

When was the pro-am..?? PBA site says the pro-am is on Sat the 21st
Also, when I bowled the pro-am in Reno they didn't use the professional pattern.. They put out a heavily oiled house pattern. I would have liked to bowl on the pro pattern but that week was Shark- left Cheetah - Right.. so maybe that is the reason they didn't use it for the pro am..too too difficult for the average bowler..

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 11:14 AM

The first of four Pro-Ams was last night at 7pm. The other three will be on Saturday.
Posted by: cowboybrad27

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 12:32 PM

That is awesome! I was looking at the Pro-Am entry form that is not a bad deal for what all you get! Did you get the package where you get a twisted fury?

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: cowboybrad27
That is awesome! I was looking at the Pro-Am entry form that is not a bad deal for what all you get! Did you get the package where you get a twisted fury?

I did get that package actually. Was thinking about just selling the twisted fury solid, but we'll see what happens there.
Posted by: Smooth Stroker

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 01:59 PM

I did a Pro Am one time and they put out the house shot. When did they start putting out the pro shot? Or is this just something they do in certain areas?
Posted by: Dan300

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Smooth Stroker
I did a Pro Am one time and they put out the house shot. When did they start putting out the pro shot? Or is this just something they do in certain areas?

Not sure about the Geico, but the Pro-Am I did in Baltimore in December they had the Shark pattern out.

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 03:12 PM

Well the Cheetah is the pattern for this weekend, so that's why we bowled on it I guess.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 03:15 PM

Well so far Sean Rash is the top seed with Michael Fagan number two. Rash is averaging 245 with plastic on the modified cheetah, pretty amazing stuff!

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 03:27 PM

Yeah with DeVaney in 3rd! Got to bowl with him. lol
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Pro-Am at the Geico Plastic Championship... - 02/19/09 03:41 PM

Now Tommy Jones, Michael Fagan, Sean Rash, Steve Harman, Robert Smith, Pete Weber, Mike DeVaney, Joe Ciccone, Jason Belmonte, and Dave D'Entremont are your top ten.