Pro Am's - Worth it?

Posted by: bluesman_vt_2002

Pro Am's - Worth it? - 01/06/08 09:47 PM

So I just ordered my tickets for the Sunday Finals of the GoRVing Classic in Norwich CT in March. Looking forward to it. Mohegan was fun last year, but what the heck...

My question is: are the Pro Am's worth it? I haven't been to one in years. The cost is $139 for the Tournament and some incidentals, and you can upgrade to $209 and get a Brunswick Fury Pearl...

Any thoughts? How are the guys to bowl with? I'm sure luck of the draw.

- Travis
Posted by: tweety/ Mr. Tweety

Re: Pro Am's - Worth it? - 01/07/08 12:04 PM

Personally I just went to my first in Reno NV this last wkend and it was totally AWESOME!!! the pro's in my opinion are nice and when bowling with the ones you bowl with are more personable. It was well worth everything.
Posted by: Timotheus

Re: Pro Am's - Worth it? - 01/07/08 12:32 PM

I should start looking into Pro-Ams. It'd be a lot of fun to bowl with the pros and I'd learn a lot too.
Posted by: AmpleSound

Re: Pro Am's - Worth it? - 01/07/08 04:50 PM

I'd totally want to do this, do they have a stop in Denver? If so any idea when? So I can start saving some cash lol...
Posted by: bluesman_vt_2002

Re: Pro Am's - Worth it? - 01/08/08 09:41 AM

It's good to hear that they are better now. I've stayed away from them in the past. When I was a Youth Bowler (more years than I care to admit), I went to one in Windsor Locks, CT and it was ok, but the pros at that time didn't talk to us at all.

So basically it was 4 to 6, 11-12 year olds that didn't know each other watching pros talk to each other. I did get to meet Mark Roth who was super nice to me. I remember Wayne Webb and Jess Stayrook turned me off quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to it this time.

- Travis