Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic

Posted by: Mkirchie

Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic - 08/20/18 08:50 PM

So I'm curious about what others think about Simonsen winning this tournament using a back-up ball and throwing urethane. I am impressed because it sure is not easy to do what he did consistently and I know I can't do that at all. However, it also makes me think about how crazy things have become. For the pattern to have been destroyed so much on the right side that he felt his best option was to play the lanes as a lefty is not necessarily a new thought. However, actually doing it in a PBA event and winning that event is very surprising in my opinion.

He was also wearing Marshall Kent's shoes.

Mark
Posted by: 82Boat69

Re: Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic - 08/20/18 09:05 PM

Which event?
Posted by: Mkirchie

Re: Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic - 08/20/18 10:08 PM

It was the Xtra Frame Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic.

https://www.pba.com/articles/Anthony-Sim...ro-Shop-Classic

Mark

Re: Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic - 08/21/18 02:20 AM

I've seen Belmo throw backup balls but not Simonsen. If getting strikes is simply speed and RPM's off the oil pattern, which side isn't important. However, to do it in the finals really shows how well practiced these guys are.

I don't get XTRA Frame so will need to wait until it shows up on youtube. Did he throw a ball drilled for a left hander or use one of his right hand balls?

Re: Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic - 08/21/18 02:33 AM

Makes it look pretty simple;

https://www.facebook.com/ProfessionalBowlersAssociation/videos/387096225156134/
Posted by: BowlerBill

Re: Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic - 08/24/18 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Mkirchie
So I'm curious about what others think about Simonsen winning this tournament using a back-up ball and throwing urethane. I am impressed because it sure is not easy to do what he did consistently and I know I can't do that at all. However, it also makes me think about how crazy things have become. For the pattern to have been destroyed so much on the right side that he felt his best option was to play the lanes as a lefty is not necessarily a new thought. However, actually doing it in a PBA event and winning that event is very surprising in my opinion.

He was also wearing Marshall Kent's shoes.

Mark

I just watched it on Flobowling. I commend him and taking that big of a risk and it working out for him. I wish I could throw the ball 2 handed. I wish I could throw it backup 2 handed.