PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox

Posted by: SteveH

PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/20/18 10:32 AM

I guess 4 telecasts will be on the broadcast channel FOX, and the majority on Fox Sports (FS1). No details yet, no mention of CBS Sports. Hopefully this will be a much better deal for them.

http://www.bowlersjournal.com/bji-podcast-pba-ceo-tom-clark-on-leaving-espn-for-new-deal-with-fox/
Posted by: mmalsed

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/20/18 11:47 AM

hopefully! I actually like the FS1 and Fox sports networks better than ESPN so here's hoping!
Posted by: Mkirchie

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/20/18 04:36 PM

I also think it is a positive move for the PBA. ESPN's coverage of sports in general has become very narrow and they will only promote what they feel will make them the most money while they continually hemorrhage viewers. FOX might promote it more in their commercials. Now, I'd suggest that if they're interested and he's interested, please bring back Marshall over Randy.

Mark
Posted by: BOSStull

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/20/18 06:17 PM

Good for Fox Sports. I hate that I pay over $8 a month for a channel I barely watch. ESPN is estimated to cost $8.37 per month in 2018 per subscriber. If I had the choice I would not even have ESPN but would have Fox Sports.
Posted by: wronghander

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/20/18 06:54 PM

This is a great deal for the PBA. As Tom Clark indicated in the interview FOX is actually going to be selling the advertising and sponsorships on behalf of the PBA which means they are going to position this to succeed instead of just putting up taped shows against NFL football.
Posted by: Richie V.

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/21/18 11:50 AM

SteveH, Riggs said the PBA's move to FOX does not preclude a continued relationship with CBS Sports Network.
Posted by: SteveH

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/21/18 11:55 PM

I thought it was exclusive. Either way, waaaaaay better than CBS Sports could offer with their limited coverage and lack of any ratings subscriptions.
Posted by: mmalsed

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/23/18 11:51 AM

So I was home sick yesterday and noticed what was on ESPN2 pretty much all day . . .

corn-hole. (in case it gets censored again. . . that little game with the beanbags. . . LOL)

Seriously? Get rid of bowling and jump on the [censored] bandwagon?
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 03/23/18 02:47 PM

I watch Fox Sports, mainly because of Big East Basketball
Posted by: Gutterballqueen313

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 07/25/18 01:50 PM

I know this is an old thread...but I just saw the commercial for the PBA tourneys moving to Fox. I am really looking forward to this. FS1 is already part of my cable package, so I'm all set. Let 'er roll!
Posted by: Mkirchie

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 11/03/18 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: me
Now, I'd suggest that if they're interested and he's interested, please bring back Marshall over Randy.

Just saw that Randy is going to be on Fox and even better, we get Rob Stone again. That sort of reminds me of Marshall's double gutter from 1990.

Mark
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox - 11/03/18 10:05 AM

Oh no!!! Is Hambone back??