The End Game

Posted by: Dan300

The End Game - 02/24/09 12:10 PM

My team is in sole possession of 1st place by 7 points (7 points per week league) with 9 weeks to play. Does anyone have any tips for closing this thing out? For me, this won't be much different than trying to close out a poker tournament: stay focused and aggressive.

But what else should I know? I've never been in this situation before and I'd LOVE to win this league. It's big money.
Posted by: cowboybrad27

Re: The End Game - 02/24/09 01:01 PM

Keep bowling good??
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: The End Game - 02/24/09 01:09 PM

Yeah, just win.

Sometimes, easier said then done.

My Sicilian Grandfather would break their knees. Not a suggestion, just a statement.
Posted by: Dan300

Re: The End Game - 02/24/09 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
Yeah, just win.

Sometimes, easier said then done.

My Sicilian Grandfather would break their knees. Not a suggestion, just a statement.

Or a warning. LOL
Posted by: Scott Gannon

Re: The End Game - 02/24/09 02:02 PM

First is a tough position to be in. Stay relaxed and try to keep doing what you are doing. You are going to have a lot of teams with nothing to lose coming at you and that is the toughest part. Try to maintain your composure if they get off to a hot start. I have bowled against top teams that get really tight and start to fold with the slightest bit of pressure from a middle of road team in matches towards the end of the season. Stay cool, stay calm, stay focused, and execute.
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: The End Game - 02/24/09 03:00 PM

Best advise, don't change a thing. Your in first for a reason. When you start pressing, that is when things start to fall apart. Have fun with it. Don't become another NY Mets grin
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: The End Game - 02/24/09 03:40 PM

You're on top. The pressure is on the second team to catch you. Any win you get is 2 that they have to get.
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: The End Game - 02/24/09 04:05 PM

Don't lose focus and get complacent, like not paying full attention to spare shooting.

Stay aggressive on your strike shot, maybe make a game with your teammates and see who can strike out from the 7th frame, who ever does gets a dollar from the ones who didn't. This will keep your team focused on finishing out games regardless of how far you are ahead and will help bring you back if you are behind if the whole team can do it.

Remember if you take 5 points, the second place team needs to win all 7 and the odds are not good for anyone going undefeated 4 weeks in a row, so don't start pressing if you lose a game here or there.