Leauge question for next year.

Posted by: Russ I.

Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 11:10 AM

Is it better to bowl on fresh oil every night or come in and not know what to expect due to womens league ahead of you?Kids etc.

Reason I'm asking is the first 3rd in our league was very consistant and the 2nd and this 3rd haven't been at all. Carry down aweful. Our team is thinking about switching to a house where theres fresh oil every time out. Dennis you might know the house Raymonds.
I would like everyones thoughts on this
Thanks,
Russ
Posted by: Atochabsh

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 11:20 AM

The problem is that all centers have issues like this. If your team up and leaves, the next center could be even worse. So you can hit the road, but be aware that that road might be rougher in the long run. Some centers are just bad too. So if that's the case and you have options and other centers to go to, then go.

Erin
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 11:44 AM

I would also check your league contract. You may be entitled to fresh oil and they are just not providing it. It happens a lot.

Plus, like Erin said. The grass isn't always greener.
Posted by: Brandon510

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 11:53 AM

In our league they oil about 1.5 hour before league, but we always dont end up with fresh oil because they allow open play bowlers to bowl on lanes till 30 minutes before league starts. so our fresh is usually torn up sometimes we get lucky to get on pair that hasnt been touch since they oiled.

Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: raggityman
Dennis you might know the house Raymonds.

I have always had trouble with Lakes, assume that's where you are bowling now. Lanes were not oiled consistently. Sometimes just before leagues. Sometimes hours before, and no restrictions of outsiders using the lanes before bowling. The shot, to me was always inconsistent every night.

Raymonds, on the other hand, does a good job of scheduled maintenance, but has an easy, easy shot for leagues. A lady teammate of mine on Tues carries 192, and also bowls at Raymonds where she carries 215. Started the year off with 2, 750 series at Raymonds.

If you look at the McHenry County honor list of scores, you will find 2 houses with the most 300's. Edgetown (EG) being the most, and Raymonds (Johnsburg Bowl) being the second.

http://mchenrycountybowling.com/awards/index.htm

Oh, congrats on your future 300.
Posted by: 30 Clean

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 12:00 PM

Personally I'd rather bowl on different conditions everytime because it's more of a challenge. If the fresh oil is different patterns, then great. But if it's the same pattern week after week, then I'd get bored.

I've bowled at Raymond's for fun and my daughter's H.S. team bowls there as their home house. I've never been there for a league but they seem to do a decent job of oiling regularly.

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 12:13 PM

Yeah our anchors Uncle or cousin bowls at Raymonds and I think hes had over 30 300's or something like that (I know its alot)
Holst, Eugene H.

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 01:06 PM

Gene Holst only has 5, 300's this year. He's in a slump.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 01:10 PM

I think he meant career 300 games, not just this season. But hey 5 in a season (and we are only 3/4 of the way through) isn't to shabby haha. He's got me beat by 5 this season and 30 something for career hahahahaha.

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 01:13 PM

I knew what he meant. It was a tongue in cheek comment.

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 01:14 PM

I figured as much but just figured I would make sure haha. Not only that but I had to add the fact that he has me beat 30 something to 0 smile

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 01:36 PM

Yeah thats just sick! Maybe I'll just go to Raymonds to get my 300 then go somewhere else. Hahaha
Posted by: 30 Clean

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 01:52 PM

They have a notice up that the house record is 857. 300, 257, 300. At least I think the 2nd game was a 257. I know the other 2 games were 300s. Don't remember the name of the person who shot it.

Re: Leauge question for next year. - 02/19/09 02:08 PM

At my local house the Pro Shop operator owns the house record. 290-300-279. He had a stone 9 in the first frame of the first game and then didn't have to shoot another spare until the 10th frame of the last game when he left a ringing 10. He threw 32 strikes in a row, just amazing!