Just bowled in the County Trials (UK)

Posted by: Stuart O

Just bowled in the County Trials (UK) - 01/04/09 05:30 PM

Evening,

Just got back from bowling at AMF Worthing where the second of three trials has been held for local county team (Sussex). I initially went just for the experience and to see what the standard was. The format was six games, moving after every two. The first set was 160-223-190 = 579. Not bad to start with - average at least. The second set went much better 238-205-246 = 689. Overall it gave me 1268 over 6 (211.3 average)! smile

The final trial is in a month and I need to bowl that if I am to stand a chance of qualifying for the County team - it's the top five highest average bowlers over 12 games.

On a slightly different note, all six games today were bowled with my Storm Virtual Gravity. I had no need to move to a less aggressive ball because I still had plently of scope left with the VG (was standing 28 and throwing at 12). That's about 4 boards inside of where I play at my home centre (normally stand on 30 and throw at 8 - 10).

Stuart,
PS. Happy New Year!
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Just bowled in the County Trials (UK) - 01/04/09 06:05 PM

Nice rolling Stuart, especially without changing balls at all. On this side of the pond(the Atlantic Ocean), we don't have much if anything like that other than school teams and the Team USA.
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: Just bowled in the County Trials (UK) - 01/04/09 06:57 PM

Nice rolling. I am beginning to envy those around here who have the VG. I have been impressed with it.
Posted by: Brandon510

Re: Just bowled in the County Trials (UK) - 01/04/09 07:08 PM

Nice going. good luck next month hope you make the team.
Posted by: Stuart O

Re: Just bowled in the County Trials (UK) - 02/01/09 10:27 AM

Greetings,

Well the final trial was today. Didn't do too badly but felt I could have had higher (especially since the trial was at my home centre). First set - 228 / 213 / 172 = 613. Second set - 242 / 159 / 202 = 603. In the fifth game the lanes just appeared to go really weird. All of the sudden the Virtual Gravity started coming up high and jumping. I moved 3 boards left but it was still jumping. For the last game I switched to my Brunswick Smash Zone and got a smoother line to the pocket.

Anyway I finished the day with 1216. Overall I finished 4th and made the team (2484 over 12 = 207). smile

Stuart,
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: Just bowled in the County Trials (UK) - 02/01/09 10:41 AM

Way yo go Stuart!!!!!
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Just bowled in the County Trials (UK) - 02/01/09 11:54 AM

Congratulations and way to go Stuart.