League Scoring

Posted by: 7pickup10

League Scoring - 04/11/08 08:14 AM

How does your league do team points for placing? What do you like the best?

One league I am in does the standard 1 point for each game won and 1 point for total pins for a total of 4 possible points a night. I really don't like this scoring even though most of the leagues do it I find it boring. My Trios league scores like this:

we play four games:
1 point for each game won as a team.
1 point for the player matches.
1 point for player total pins.
1 point for team total pins.
Total possible points on the night 20.

I personally love this scoring system because it adds pressure to the players because you are actually playing against an individual as well as a team. We don't select the player match ups it is set by avg. So each teams best player plays the other teams best player... This is a fun league....
Posted by: cgeorg

Re: League Scoring - 04/11/08 09:39 AM

We do 2 points per game, 1 for series. It is kind of bland.
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: League Scoring - 04/11/08 09:46 AM

7pickup10:

I was in a league similar to that a few years ago. The main difference was that the team on the left hand lane put in their lineup first, then the team on the left. Since it was a handicap league, it wasn't unfair to anyone. We used the same line-up week to week. We were on the left lane one time and we put in our line-up when we walked in. The other team complained to us then the Pres. I told him: Fine, I will take our names off of there and then when you put your guys in, I will put mine in the exact way. Some people will complain just to complain.
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: League Scoring - 04/11/08 10:12 AM

We have the standard 2 points per game and 1 point for series, in one league.
The other uses the same, but adds 2 points per man head to head and series of 1 point. 4-man team, 35 points possible. Team line-up changes each week, ranked low average is first, highest last. Absent or vacant always bowls last. Better be there or have a sub.
Posted by: AmpleSound

Re: League Scoring - 04/11/08 10:45 AM

The league I bowl on is fairly strange... we get 2 points per game, as well as 2 points for series. For a possible 8 points per week. It makes it interesting as there is usually a lot of swing from 4th to 11th place lol.
Posted by: AmpleSound

Re: League Scoring - 04/11/08 10:45 AM

The league I bowl on is fairly strange... we get 2 points per game, as well as 2 points for series. For a possible 8 points per week. It makes it interesting as there is usually a lot of swing from 4th to 11th place lol.
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: League Scoring - 04/11/08 04:40 PM

The leagues I bowl in all are points based on the team performance. My Saturday Mixed is the typical 4 point system. My Monday Mens is 7 point, 2 for each game and one total. My Tuesday Mens is also 7 points, 1 point a game for handicap and 1 point a game scratch and then 1 for total. You can loose all 3 games and total handicap but still leave with 3 points by having the higher scratch total in each game. I wouldn't mind finding a match point league, but don't think there are many if any in the area.
Posted by: Fin09

Re: League Scoring - 04/17/08 12:25 PM

This year, 2 points per game in both league, 1 for series in one league, 2 for series in the other.

I always liked bowling match point leagues, but only if it was a scratch league. Handicap match point is not nearly as much fun.

Standings normally get a lot more spread out in match point leagues, since you have the chance to take 20-25 points a night, depending on how the points are distributed. Leagues that use 4-8 points a night usually stay a little closer.
Posted by: General Pounder

Re: League Scoring - 04/17/08 01:21 PM

I think I mentioned before a league I was in back in my college days. It was a Petersen League (singles). All head to head and scratch. 1 point per game, 1 point for series, and 1 point per 50 pins. Extra pins carried over. Say first week you won all 3 games and series plus you shot 675. You had a total of 17 points on the night with a carry over of 25 pins. Next week, you shot 625 and lost all 3 games and series, you still got 13 points on the night. That league was a lot of fun.