New Center an League

Posted by: BOSStull

New Center an League - 09/04/21 04:41 PM

Well after bowling at the same center seems like forever I have moved to the closest center to my home. Feels really weird when you only know your team mates. Time to get to know the new league.Looking forward to the change.

Re: New Center an League - 09/18/21 11:41 AM

New league singed up and they were more teams wanting to bowl but center limited the number of teams to 14. Added 2 from last year of 12 so only room for 2 teams we were one. First week of bowling found out why. There is a non sanction league also of 18 teams. We are a sanctioned league. Younger generation does not care for the sanctioned leagues. It is a pub and grub league. Of course the center will make more off that type of leagues they get more teams. But in all happy with the league we are now on.
Posted by: goobee

Re: New Center an League - 10/08/21 01:18 AM

I moved to a new house as well. Not because my old center closed but because I got tired of the sterile environment AMF Bowlero has. Now I'm in a smaller family owned center and enjoying the environment again.

I got accepted immediately by the locals as one of their own. After the positive reception, I had no reservations at all about putting down roots and renting a locker.

Re: New Center an League - 10/09/21 03:23 PM

Goobee, I left a Bowlero also . Still a good environment but decided to get closer to home. Lanes were not kept up as previous years. Now at a Stars and Strikes. Decided to go there once my PSO obtained the PRO shop at this location. Makes things easier for him to be in the house when I need work done.

Re: New Center an League - 10/09/21 03:46 PM

Funny you mentioned lane conditions BOSS. The thing that broke the camels back for me was that they butted 2 leagues back to back. Our league started right after the previous, we did not receive refresh oil. On many night, we bowled on burnt lanes.
Posted by: 82Boat69

Re: New Center an League - 10/09/21 03:52 PM

I bowl in a senior scratch league and we pay to get fresh oil. However, it still begins to break-down after about 7 frames in game 1. Everyone wants to stand 20 and throw 7. These new balls soak-up oil pretty quick.

Re: New Center an League - 10/09/21 04:22 PM

That's pretty close to my preferred line. Stand 30-35 and target 10 as break point. My PSO thinks I should play deeper than that but I have a tendency to pull the ball when I do.

Re: New Center an League - 10/09/21 08:06 PM

On the left lane, I can stand as far left as 40, if I'm using my Rubicon UC2. It's drilled 50 x 5 x 50 and doesn't have any quit in it. On the right lane, I need to stand in front of the ball return and use a 3-step. I also need to ball down. Few people in the league I bowl can get inside of me. It's my saving grace. I can find oil where the
down-n-in bunch can't. Everyone is 50 and up. We usually have at least one perfecto every week or two. Last week we had 1. The guy who shot it was older than me. I had a teammate a few years ago who shot 2 perfectos when he was 83.

Re: New Center an League - 10/10/21 01:07 AM

When I started back up bowling, I was a stand 20-25 out to 7 bowler. Then my PSO at that time told me I needed to get out of the comfort zone and learn to play inside. So it took a bit but I finally got to where I was very comfortable playing deep inside. However, in doing so, I lost my comfort bowling outside.

Only recently, I've gotten both aspect of my game finally together. It's good to have confidence being able to play difference sides of the lanes.

Re: New Center an League - 10/10/21 06:30 PM

A warning as we age. Walking straight, while throwing right gets more difficult. Joe Slowinski (RIP) has a very good 'body-angle' drill on youtube. COVID took out a lot of gurus.

Re: New Center an League - 10/12/21 12:17 AM

Yeah, I just recently learned how to stagger my feet at my starting position to swing the ball. I feel more comfortable now but I have a tendency to pull the ball. I guess that would be similar to outside where I have a tendency to point the ball into the pocket from the right. Doing neither one is good for your game.

Re: New Center an League - 10/16/21 02:57 PM

Talkin about Gurus. Going to miss Mo. always had a session with him when he was in town. Only exception was the last time he visited due to COVID I did not attend. He passed soon afterward.