Rules for suspending player from league

Posted by: LindaDelcamp

Rules for suspending player from league - 10/03/16 04:08 PM

I'm rather new to bowling on a league and don't really know all the rules. I bowl on a ladies league and recently there was an incident where one of the ladies was kicked out of the league I assume for physical behavior (she hit another person, her daughter, on another team). My question is that on our weekly score sheets right in front of her last game is the letter (i). Can anyone tell me what that is suppose to mean? I know the letter (a) is absent bowler and (blk) I think means blind bowler, but I haven't any idea what the letter (i) means.
Posted by: 82Boat69

Re: Rules for suspending player from league - 10/03/16 04:38 PM

It's more than likely a code for 'Indefinite Suspension'. There are many forms of suspension and until a ruling comes down from USBC, the person's status is probably 'Indefinite Suspension'.

Fighting on the lanes, even between family members, is bad form. Strangely, if you ask me, USBC is very lenient with respect to suspensions and will usually work with the league officers if they don't want a person to be suspended forever.

It's not uncommon. I was in a league meeting where the president of the league became so infuriated at a person he called him out. The person he called out was in a wheelchair and told the president come and get it :-) I've also seen 2 people who had too much to drink wrestling on the approaches and then yucking it up a week later. I've personally been threaten because I wouldn't sell half-n-half tickets.

If you go to bowl.com and send an email to USBC, they can probably give you the low down on all the codes you may see on a recap.
Posted by: wbw910

Re: Rules for suspending player from league - 10/06/16 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: LindaDelcamp
I'm rather new to bowling on a league and don't really know all the rules. I bowl on a ladies league and recently there was an incident where one of the ladies was kicked out of the league I assume for physical behavior (she hit another person, her daughter, on another team). My question is that on our weekly score sheets right in front of her last game is the letter (i). Can anyone tell me what that is suppose to mean? I know the letter (a) is absent bowler and (blk) I think means blind bowler, but I haven't any idea what the letter (i) means.

It probably is for indefinite. First your league officers have to vote,if approved,it goes to the local association who will investigate,then vote if it's appropriate. If the league really wants this bowler out,the easiest way is to have the proprietor; ban them from the place