League Lineage

Posted by: J_w73

League Lineage - 09/02/10 03:00 PM

I am just wondering what most people pay for lineage. There is this one house that is hardly a bowling alley.. It is a recreation center and they have no clue how to run a bowling alley. No improvements. Always broken equipment or junk all over the floor, approaches and tables. They were on the verge of not being certified and "somehow" they managed to pass. It is the only house in town and the only reason I bowl there is so I can bowl a league with my Dad.
Anyway.. They are charging $14.50 lineage for winter this year. They charged $14.00 for summer telling us that was a break cause they weren't going to charge the .50 winter increase. Also, league rate is $1.00 off their normal $4.50 to $5.50 per game.

This is in Northern California about 50 miles from the Bay Area so I can imagine the cost will be higher than most of the country but this seems pretty high.

I'm bowling another league in another town with multiple alleys where the lineage is $11.75. And the alley caters to the bowlers and is putting in $300,000 in improvements over the winter. They are also kicking money into our prizefund that puts the actual lineage down to even lower. They also give us $2.00 practice rates as well as times 2 days a week where we can practice for free.

Sorry for the long rant..

So what is the going rate around the country???
Posted by: Gemfire

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 03:03 PM

I'm paying $15.25 for one league and 16.50 for the other, and league bowlers only pay $1.25 per game for practice. I'm in the Seattle area. My mom is in SoCal, and she pays over $20 for the league she is in.
Posted by: VampyreBowler

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 03:36 PM

11.50 is going rate for lineage for bowling 37 weeks at the only house in the county, here in frederick, MD
Posted by: jwill

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 04:57 PM

Wow you guys got it good. At my house I'm paying $20 a week. The deal they have is every league bowlers get to bowl 4 games for the price of 2.
Posted by: Charlie98

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 05:14 PM

Ours is $13/3 games on the Wednesday league. Open... depends on who is behind the counter. I have bowled for 3 hours and only paid $19, but I have had to pay as high as $48 for the same.

They are resurfacing this week so I went down to Plano, it was $5.25/line or $24.95/hr. I about walked out but I wanted to try the synthetic lanes with the 2Furious, and I needed to practice.
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 05:15 PM

Gem and Jwill, the amount you are giving is the total of your league fees each week. Those fees are broken down to lineage, prize fund and to pay the secretary/treasure. Lineage portion is what is paid to the center for use of the lanes, the prize fund portion goes to the prize fund for the pay off at the end of the season and the sec/treas. portion is to pay that officer(s) for doing that job. This should be found in a copy of the league rules that are handed out to at least the team captain of every team.

For example, my league fees are $20 a week. Of that $20, $10.35 is for lineage, 25 cents pays the sec/treasure and the remaining $9.40 goes to the prize fund.

I think my lineage is $10.35 anyways, it might be more, I know it went up this season but can't remember the exact number. This is one of many centers in my area but the only one I bowl in right now. I'm sure it's in line with most of the other centers since last time I bowled in another center it was had similar lineage fees.
Posted by: whitepuffin

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 05:39 PM

not that it really helps but thought you might be a little interested in the UK I pay 9 (approx $14) of which 7.50 ($11.50) on Lineage.

As you can see that does not leave a lot for the prize pool but that is because it is more of a social league.
Posted by: fredboost

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 05:47 PM

o pay 21 every week hurts the pocket but if i win helps the pocket lol

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 05:50 PM

I forgot to mention, my league is a mixed handicap league, but has many competitive bowlers in it of both genders.

As for practice games, I think it's $2 or $2.50 for league bowlers and it's probably $4 for non league bowlers but I can't be sure. Been a while since I've open bowled without free passes and haven't looked at the price board, if there is even one up still in a long time.
Posted by: Charlie98

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
For example, my league fees are $20 a week. Of that $20, $10.35 is for lineage, 25 cents pays the sec/treasure and the remaining $9.40 goes to the prize fund.

By golly, you are right! My last league is: $9 lineage, $3.50 prize and .50 Secretary.

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 06:55 PM

Until this year the sec. in my league received .50 a bowler, but lineage was going up so the league voted to decrease what the sec. makes as opposed to raising the league fee again. The sec. gives out the recap, standing sheets and envelopes at the beginning of the night, collects the envelopes, counts the cash and collects the recaps. Then everything gets turned over to the center for in house banking and the house does all the inputting of scores to update standings and averages.

Still with 240 bowlers and .25 a bowler per a week, that comes out to $2160 a year. More than enough to cover his bowling, his wife's bowling and most if not all of his beer for the season.

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Gemfire
I'm paying $15.25 for one league and 16.50 for the other, and league bowlers only pay $1.25 per game for practice. I'm in the Seattle area. My mom is in SoCal, and she pays over $20 for the league she is in.

I'm only talking about the part that goes to the house for the bowling.. not the total for the league or what goes into the prizefund/secretary too..
Is that what you are talking about ??

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 07:03 PM

From what I have seen here and in the past it seems like the standard secretary fee around the country is $0.50. I have not seen less than $1.00 for the secretary around here and in one league that was just upped to $1.50
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 07:30 PM

House A: Men's League, good bowlers. Lineage is $10.25, $.75 officer fee, $9 prize fund. $20 total

House B: Mixed league, Social, Lineage is $8.75, $.50 for Treas/Secy, $8.75 prize fund. $18 total

House C: Men's Competitive League, lineage is $9, Officer bowls free. $9 prize fund. $18 total
Posted by: lakredrai

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 10:56 PM

$22 & $14 are the fees for the 2 leagues that I am in.
Posted by: Vic44

Re: League Lineage - 09/02/10 11:31 PM

$13.50 and $12 for mine... but I do not bowl in the heavy duty leagues due to children sports/schedule conflicts. smile
Posted by: Gemfire

Re: League Lineage - 09/03/10 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: J_w73
Originally Posted By: Gemfire

I'm only talking about the part that goes to the house for the bowling.. not the total for the league or what goes into the prizefund/secretary too..
Is that what you are talking about ??

Sorry, you're right, I misunderstood the terminology. The house gets $11.50 of that.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: League Lineage - 09/03/10 10:20 AM

We pay $9.25 for lineage and I practice for free. Sorry guys smile

Re: League Lineage - 09/03/10 03:41 PM

Paying the increased price wouldn't be a problem if they actually gave us a good house to bowl in.
Posted by: Matrix900

Re: League Lineage - 09/03/10 05:47 PM

I pay $13 a week. Don't know what goes where but, I do know the secretary fee is NOT included in the per week. Are secretary gets $5 per bowler (12 teams,5 bowlers per). So she only gets $300 a year. Its about 15 cents a night per bowler.
Posted by: lebowski120669

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 08:59 AM

$16 a week here in the KC area.
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 10:55 AM

I am surprised many do not know what the components of your weekly fee consists of. There should be an annual meeting before the league starts that discusses many matters. One of hem is the weekly cost and the lane fees. Also, each team should be given a complete set of league rules that will spell out this very point, including how much any officer is to be paid.

A set of rules and the intended payout has to be filed with your association annually.

The information is available.
Posted by: lebowski120669

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
I am surprised many do not know what the components of your weekly fee consists of.

11 of our 16 goes to the lanes. $19 for the USBC card. $30 sponser fee and we pay the last 2 weeks within the first 3 weeks/month.

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: lebowski120669
$19 for the USBC card.

This is also broke down. Only $10 of that actually goes to the USBC, the other $9 goes to your local and state associations. I think state fees are limited to $1 currently.
Posted by: SportBowler Joe

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 04:41 PM

In our PBAX league, we pay $12 lineage for 4 games. $35 a week league fees. Sanction fees are $34.

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 10:31 PM

I looked at my league rules tonight and lineage is $10.85.
Posted by: looseleftie

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 11:14 PM

We pay for most weekly handicap leagues AUS $20, which is for 3 games, in USD $23 roughly, our practise rates are also on the higher side, roughly US $6 a game, unless u buy 5 games for US $23... Certainly not cheap here, and the money leagues, rather than the trophie and big end of season night out leagues , costs $28 for 3 games... Then again bowling I think is slowly on decline in terms of numbers/teams etc in Aus... Sad!! frown
Posted by: okorimbo

Re: League Lineage - 09/04/10 11:23 PM

Our handicap league pays $15 lineage...non-negotionable. OPen play bowling ranges from $5 to $3.50. League bowlers pay $1.50 for practice when lanes are available.