Pro CG Bowling Balls

Posted by: grambette

Pro CG Bowling Balls - 08/28/15 09:23 AM

Hello ! I'm a new member to bowling community, I'm a lefty, retired, active league bowler. I see pro cg bowling balls out there, some have the cg to the right, some have the cg to the left, myself being a lefty, which pro cg ball would benefit a lefty the most. My main reason for asking is i picked up a pro cg ball, the cg is to the right 3". I'm also looking for good drill options for this ball. Most of my other equipment is drilled 4x4x2, but i think i might have to drill this ball differently. Any Ideas or help? Thanks, Denny
Posted by: ExBronxiteBowler

Re: Pro CG Bowling Balls - 09/07/15 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: grambette
Hello ! I'm a new member to bowling community, I'm a lefty, retired, active league bowler. I see pro cg bowling balls out there, some have the cg to the right, some have the cg to the left, myself being a lefty, which pro cg ball would benefit a lefty the most. My main reason for asking is i picked up a pro cg ball, the cg is to the right 3". I'm also looking for good drill options for this ball. Most of my other equipment is drilled 4x4x2, but i think i might have to drill this ball differently. Any Ideas or help? Thanks, Denny
Mostly affect the static balance. Pin and PSA are more important than the CG. Any modern layout system, ig Dual Angle or Storms VLS use pin and PSA. The pin position and the PSA position relative to the PAP affect the ball reaction far more than the CG. The layout will be determined by what type of player you are, how much axis tilt you have, and how much axis rotation you have coupled with the ball reaction you are looking for.