Me Bowling...

Posted by: C.C Carter

Me Bowling... - 03/16/09 08:57 AM

This is a video of me bowling with a hook for the first time.

I'm bowling with a 13lb Smokin Inferno (That I got for $25 undrilled on craigslist love ) with standard drilling. I'm going to eventually get finger tip grips on this ball when I'm more comfortable using them. If you have any tips or suggestions please tell me. I'm always willing to learn and try to improve my game.

Please excuse the video.
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/16/09 10:06 AM

You would have more control of the ball if you held it a bit lower and still keep the ball close to your body and your elbow tight to your side.

You are a good step to a step and a half late with your timing. To fix this, start the ball with your first right foot step (second step).

Post another video when you are comfortable starting the ball with your right foot and letting it swing.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/16/09 11:04 AM

I agree with CoachJim here. Your timing is late due to the push away starting a step late. This is causing you to pull the ball through the entire swing. Starting the ball with your first right foot step will allow you to relax and let the ball swing free without trying to muscle the ball to keep up with the body.
Posted by: cgeorg

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/17/09 07:26 AM

Also, you can probably expect to get minimal hook until you switch to a fingertip grip. A fingertip grip also has the advantage of being easier on your hand, allowing the ball to hold on to you instead of the other way around, which reduces the risk of injury and makes shots easier to repeat. I'd switch sooner than later.
Posted by: Dennis Michael

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/17/09 08:10 AM

Does this video work? I can't seem to get it to. Is it set on private or public view?
Posted by: Jock

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/17/09 09:47 AM

It is set on private. I can't see it either.
Posted by: sk8shorty01

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/17/09 10:42 AM

It was working before, I guess the OP changed it to a private video.
Posted by: Mattdean76

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/17/09 04:32 PM

yea, its private now, no one can see it unless they are invited.
Posted by: juggss6

Re: Me Bowling... - 03/17/09 10:46 PM

I'll vouch for it being fine before also. Biggest thing was late timing.