Bowling video games

Posted by: Pin Bomber

Bowling video games - 12/10/05 09:05 PM

I have really been trying to find a good bowling video game-specifically for my PC/Windows version.

The only realistic game I have come across is Brunswick Curcuit Pro Bowling, but it is from 1998. Honestly, the game play and pin action are quite good compared to others I have seen, but hasn't there been anything that looks and plays more realistically come out in the past few years?
Posted by: usr bin geek

Re: Bowling video games - 12/10/05 11:27 PM

I haven't played any of these but here are a few I was able to find:

PC Games:
Super Elf Bowling Collection
Fast Lanes Bowling
Friday Night 3D Bowling

XBox:
AMF Bowling 2004
Strike Force Bowling

Sony Playstation 2:
Strike Force Bowling

Nintendo Gamecube:
Strike Force Bowling

Nintendo Gameboy Advanced:
GBA Dodge Ball/Bowling/Paintball
GBA Elf Bowling 1 and 2

Nintendo DS:
NDS Elf Bowling 1 and 2
Posted by: Pin Bomber

Re: Bowling video games - 12/10/05 11:38 PM

Wow...that was super fast service from the staff...thanks!

Unfortunately it looks like some of the newer ones like the AMF 2004 aren't for PC frown I have looked up the Fast Lanes Bowling for PC, and it is exactly the same as the Strike Force bowling when I had my Playstation 2 system. It was fun, but the one I have is still more realistic than it was.

But I surely do appreciate the list and plan to look a few more up even if they are on systems I don't have.
Posted by: jd234

Re: Bowling video games - 12/25/05 10:55 PM

Sorry just joined today, I have a pc bowling game called Concrete Bowling v3.02 and it is a ball smile You can find it at http://www.errezed.com
Posted by: mrsuthern

Re: Bowling video games - 12/26/05 12:09 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by jd234:
Sorry just joined today, I have a pc bowling game called Concrete Bowling v3.02 and it is a ball smile You can find it at http://www.errezed.com </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Just downloaded the demo..... thumbsup thumbsup
This game is good right down to the pocket 10 grrrrrr. But addictive none the less. Oh and forget about easily predicatable oyu have infinite #'s of ways to mess a shot up. I agree definately recomend, I am gonna have to delay purchasing though, it's addictive and I don't need to spend anymore time than I do now behind this screen. Good recomendation!
Posted by: jd234

Re: Bowling video games - 12/30/05 08:56 PM

addictive, nah, I usually remember to check my e-mail before I try to get sleep
Posted by: Chaaaz

Re: Bowling video games - 01/03/06 03:02 PM

Howdy!

We just picked-up "Strike Force Bowling" for the PS2. It is a lot of fun, and actually allows you to 'read' the lane conditions to score! You can select ball and weight block types, and skill levels, as well! It got my daughter interested enough that she made me take her bowling!

Rent it at BlockBuster or NetFlix to try it out....it is fun! (And addictive!)

Chaaaz - is back in the house!

PS: Hi Angel! Hi Lisa! Hi Jacquie!
((((( Hugs )))))
Posted by: Wire1090

Re: Bowling video games - 01/03/06 04:36 PM

Stay away from AMF Bowling. Its horrible. Very hard to control the ball. Pin action is basically not there. Very hard to strike.

When I play a video game, I want to play BETTER than I do in real life smile

Strike Force is a good game. Agree with Chaaaz above.
Posted by: Logan

Re: Bowling video games - 01/04/06 01:57 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by jd234:
Sorry just joined today, I have a pc bowling game called Concrete Bowling v3.02 and it is a ball smile You can find it at http://www.errezed.com </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">i would download it but i have 36 kbps internet if im lucky livid it is SOOOO SLOWWW the game sounds like fun though, maybe ill let it download for 3+ hours brickwall

Logan
Posted by: msruth

Re: Bowling video games - 01/14/06 03:16 PM

Hi Pin Bomber:

Have you tried Ten Pin Championship Bowling. It's a PC game. It's great! I love it!
You can try it free. Go to Yahoo to find it.
If you can't find it, let me know, I find it for you.

Ms Ruth
Posted by: bigsilentrob

Re: Bowling video games - 02/04/06 12:18 PM

The best bowling video game I've played is the Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling games on Playstation. They are kinda old though. I think the second one came out around 1999 or so. I've also got Animaniacs Ten Pin Alley which is a blast to play with the kids. It's actually got pretty good pin physics too. I've also played AMF Bowling on the XBox and it is pretty ******. You have to be very precise to get anything done on there. I also have one called Alley 19 Bowling on the PC. It's really not that great either. It's about 10 years old though.
Posted by: Patty Pat

Re: Bowling video games - 03/10/06 04:06 AM

Thank you very much for having talked about our game in this great forum.
Every suggestion is welkomed! ;-)

Errezed staff
Posted by: se7en

Re: Bowling video games - 04/07/06 04:20 PM

Concrete Bowling 3.0 is definitly the closest you'll get to real physics. In fact, the last version he put out fixed alot of issues with pin physics.

Plus, if you're into modding, you can go into the program folder and skin alot of the bowling alley graphics, plus your ball. I had a perfect replica of a Nitro-R (purple) with a thumb slug and finger grips, but I'm decent with Photoshop. However, I don't know if it's legal, so Patty can scold me if necessary wink

I just wish the interface was a little better, and it had a league option.

Best bowling game by far anyway.
Posted by: Coach K

Re: Bowling video games - 05/24/06 02:08 AM

I haven't seen a bowling game as of yet. I think they need to make more!
Posted by: Coach K

Re: Bowling video games - 05/24/06 02:10 AM

Oh wait, they need a game for Xbox or Xbox 360!!!
Posted by: Cardiac Cat

Re: Bowling video games - 05/24/06 09:13 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Coach K:
Oh wait, they need a game for Xbox or Xbox 360!!! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">They have a couple for the Xbox and AMF Extreme bowling 2006 is supposed to be coming out in June sometime. Unfortunately I sold my Xbox to get an Xbox 360 and none of the bowling games are backwards compatible frown

I am dying for a bowling game on the 360 even if it's just a Xbox live Arcade game.

Unfortunately we are in the minority of people who want bowling games. They typically don't sell very well so people like us have a hard time getting a good game made. frown
Posted by: Rick in OC

Re: Bowling video games - 08/11/06 11:30 AM

AMF Extreme bowling is ok... Very hard for me to always hit that meter in the center so the ball doesnt shoot off mark. Anyone else play it? My version is for the PS2.
Posted by: Brandon510

Re: Bowling video games - 08/11/06 09:58 PM

There a new one out saint and Sinners bowling. It more of fun game http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/saintsandsinnersbowling.jsp
then realistic games.
Posted by: ThunderStrike

Re: Bowling video games - 08/14/06 03:58 PM

The best all-time bowling game is/was Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling 2 for the Playstation 1 (Can be played on a Playstation 2, you just need a PS1 memory card if you plan to save your games.)Of course the graphics aren't the greatest, but the game play physics are the best I ever saw for a console bowling game. If you can find one used, don't pass up the chance.

ThunderStrike
Posted by: Tyveil

Re: Bowling video games - 08/30/06 04:20 PM

I really wish someone would come up with a good, realistic bowling game that has a decent career mode. Every bowling game I've played is just focused on quick action sillyness.. dozens of wackey alleys.. whatever... and the good simulators have very little replayability and depth.

What I'd like to see is a bowling game that uses accurate physics, down to the ball characteristics, lane type, and oil conditions. Your bowler starts out as a house bowler with maybe a hundred bucks to buy a ball and plays in a typical house league/high scoring conditions. As you win, you gain money and popularity and can play in state and regional tournaments. If you do good enough in them you get to join tougher leagues, sports leagues, etc. Eventually if you keep doing well you join the PBA where conditions are brutal but you play against real PBA players (who are modeled after their likeness both in form and how they throw the ball) and have a chance for winning gigantic pots and having TV appearances.

I don't want just a game to throw a ball at pins and keep my score, no matter how accurate a simulator it is. Every other sport has good career modes, why can't bowling?
Posted by: Richard Koppinger

Re: Bowling video games - 09/22/06 12:45 PM

I play the AMF game on my phone if I'm just passing time, like in a waiting room. My fiance has an account on Pogo.com and sometimes I play the bowling game there. It's a challenge just to get to 150 for me. Kind of like real life.

--Rich
Posted by: bigsilentrob

Re: Bowling video games - 09/22/06 06:59 PM

I suck bad on that bowling game on Pogo. I'm lucky to get 120-130. Much lower than my 199 average that I've got right now.
Posted by: Patty Pat

Re: Bowling video games - 01/11/07 08:40 AM

Dear guys and girls,
I would like to tell you that we have just released a new pc bowling game:"Global Bowling".
We developed it basing on the most advanced Concrete Bowling physics engine,adding and changing many features
as for instance the possibility to play on line.
Thank you again for your appreciation and waiting for your comments, regards

Patrizia Bruni
Errezed.com Staff
Posted by: Timwilks

Re: Bowling video games - 03/09/07 02:24 AM

there is a lot of cool flash games out there, im sure you can find em. I remember playing some cool bowling flash games before. And free too, except I cant remember where I seen them.
Posted by: phlydude

Re: Bowling video games - 01/29/08 12:46 PM

It is a good game...I am enjoying the HVB on PS3. It helps me practice my mechanics requiring me to take a backswing and smooth forward swing.
Posted by: ChvyKc

Re: Bowling video games - 02/13/08 02:28 PM

I really enjoyed playing the Elf Bowling game. It's not realistic at all but very fun to play. All the little "upgrades" that you can get are pretty cool and the game is pretty challenging.
Posted by: Fin09

Re: Bowling video games - 02/19/08 01:12 PM

Brunswick Pro Bowling for the PS2 and Wii are pretty good. I have both versions, and I've played the PS2 version much more. They don't have enough to make them really stand out, though. You create a character, join a league, throw a house ball, and try to earn enough to buy a new ball. As you improve, your attributes improve as well. You need to bowl 6 matches (3 games each) before bowling a tournament. You need to win 5 1-game matches to win the tournament. Most, if not all, of your opponents in your league matches are pathetic. As you move up from the beginner's league to intermediate and advanced, your opponents don't really get much better. I'm currently in an advanced league (I think there's one more after this one), averaging 271 after about 27 games, and I'm still bowling people who can't hit the pocket. They normally shoot about 180-200 against me, but the averages of the bowlers in the top 8-10 are all about 230-250. No one ever shoots that well when I bowl them, though.
Here's what it doesn't do for you-
You can't take your "career" bowler and use him in the quick play part.
The computer doesn't tell you your 3 game series, even though you just bowled a 3 game match.
You can't bring the score sheet up on screen, and you can't normally see further back than 1 or 2 frames.
You can't just jump to a tournament. You can forfeit league matches to get to the next tournament, but the idea is to win the leagues as well, so you have to bowl 18 games between each tournament.
The key to really high scores- move your foul line target to 18 (on either side of the headpin), don't touch your arrow target, and throw the ball dead straight at the pocket. Fine tune if necessary, but once you're lined up, strike away.

EA Sports needs to get involved in making a really good, Tiger Woods-style bowling game. They make soccer, rugby, and other semi-obscure games, why not bowling?
Posted by: Time-To-Roll

Re: Bowling video games - 02/19/08 01:31 PM

Fin09,

I have been wondering the same thing. I got a Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 for Christmas. I can not believe how addicting the game can be. I am just getting a team together and adding attributes and playing skins games for money.So far it has been easy to win, now that I can drive the ball 270 yards.HA!
The graphics are so good in the Golf,that bowling I think would get boring.When they come up with a game with actual lane patterns,and an arsenal of different balls and ect. It might
be interesting.
Have you played any of the Golf games?
Dianne

Re: Bowling video games - 02/20/08 03:21 PM

I have played some of the golf games. I played Tiger Woods 2005 until my fingers almost bled, and I have the 2006 and 2007 versions that I haven't played much of. The biggest risk, I think, with trying to make a good bowling game is just what you pointed out, and that is trying to keep it from getting boring or too easy too quickly. You can only dress up a bowling game but so much. But, if you incorporate a lot of different features, such as a PBA style season, as well as leagues, open play, rock-n-bowl, and practice modes, someone could sell a lot of these. Make it so you can build a character, then use him in the "quick play" segment, so that you can bowl against a top PBA pro in quick, one game matches for fun.
Posted by: Time-To-Roll

Re: Bowling video games - 02/21/08 04:42 PM

Fin,
I guess maybe we better stick to real life bowling.Not sure that too much sitting in front of computer is a good thing. I had to really laugh about the finger bleeding remark.I used to play golf so the game is fun for me.The characters they dream up are something else.I have a feeling as my team moves up it will get harder to win. Oh well it is fun.
Dianne

Re: Bowling video games - 02/22/08 02:35 PM

I used to play the PGA golf games back on the Sega Genesis (I'm starting to show my age) as well as a couple of the old Links PC games too. I'm a much better video golfer than an actual golfer.
I guess I would rather bowl than play a bowling video game, I guess, but I'd like to be able to do both. Oh, well, I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Posted by: Empty_One

Re: Bowling video games - 03/17/08 04:38 PM

Bowling Evolution is a free bowling game, with rankings for online scores. Pretty decent, and the physics are pretty good, and it seems to be actively developed.
Posted by: Show300

Re: Bowling video games - 03/17/08 07:38 PM

Like [censored-bu] said, If you want a true bowling simulation, get High Velocity Bowling for the PS3...you can order it from the PS Store if you have a PS3.

The characters are kind of goofy/corny, but the ball physics and the mechanics incorporated into the 6-axis controller to throw the ball are true to life. This game will definitely work on your game in regards to adjusting ball speeds, etc.

They have real oil patterns that you can see (by pressing R3, I think) and you have to make good ball choices in order to combat the lane oil. Get an aggressive ball too early into the dry, watch it go through the nose. Get a less aggressive ball into too much middle oil, watch it not finish and slide right past the pocket.

It is the BEST bowling sim I've ever played...I haven't played it much since I started playing the other games, but I still go there every so often to see if I can post a big game...high game 290 so far.
Posted by: JaredB

Re: Bowling video games - 06/24/08 10:40 AM

I've got a Wii, and I want to get either the Brunswick or AMF Pinbusters...any input? Wii bowling that's included in WiiSport isn't bad if you just wanna kick back with some friends, but it's soooo easy...you don't even have to move your arm if you can flick your wrist hard enough
Posted by: Open Frame

Re: Bowling video games - 08/08/08 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: JaredB
I've got a Wii, and I want to get either the Brunswick or AMF Pinbusters...any input? Wii bowling that's included in WiiSport isn't bad if you just wanna kick back with some friends, but it's soooo easy...you don't even have to move your arm if you can flick your wrist hard enough

I would not recommend AMF Pinbusters for Wii. The Wii Sports Bowling is much better. I have not tried the Brunswick game, but the AMF Pinbusters is a dust collector. Thankfully, we only paid like $10 for AMF or I would have been upset.
Posted by: tech.007

Re: Bowling video games - 08/19/08 07:34 AM

I like the bowling game that comes with the nintendo Wii sports package. Using the wireless controller to "throw" the ball is nice, and i think you can even tweak spin before you "throw.
Posted by: SilentTuba

Re: Bowling video games - 08/27/08 09:58 PM

I really enjoy the bowling game on Wii Sports....something about being able to actually swing the remote as though it were a ball is very appealing.

My other favorite bowling game of all time, though is Intellivision Bowling. My dad had it when I was a little kid, and it was great...I enjoy it to this day. I've bowled my fair share of 300 games on there, too.
Posted by: Rack Wrecker

Re: Bowling video games - 10/25/08 12:18 AM

The only bowling video game I have is actually a let down in my opinion. It is Strike Force Bowling for the playstation 2. I got it really cheap on the used rack and it works well enough I suppose. The pin physics are at least nice

Re: Bowling video games - 10/28/08 08:44 PM

I just wanted to add one more thing here, they are cell phone games but still fun on the go. Pro Bowling 2 is by far my favorite and the other is AMF XTreme Bowling which has horrible physics but its 3D! lol
Posted by: NewEnglandBowler

Re: Bowling video games - 10/28/08 11:14 PM

Brunswick Pro Bowling for the wii is very repetitive, and the opponents are a joke. i've had a couple of 300s on that game just throwing the house ball, but i can't figure out any of the other balls. so idk.
Posted by: NordicBuwl

Re: Bowling video games - 11/04/08 11:59 PM

Grand Theft Auto 4 has a mini bowling game inside it that is pretty fun.. Kills time whole game is a blast.
Posted by: IgnatiusJReilly

Re: Bowling video games - 12/10/08 05:57 PM

Hello:

I am new to the forum, and just read your post. I didn't see if anyone commented on Lucky Strike Lanes, but I definitely wanted to throw it out there:

http://apps.new.facebook.com/luckystrikelanes/

http://apps.bebo.com/luckystrikelanes/

It is a casual game available for free to Facebook and Bebo members. Starting an account on either site is free as well, and once you add the application, you can start playing on your PC or Mac.

This game was based on the real Lucky Strike Lanes, and the design mirrors the actual alleys. It is almost like being in an alley, down to the reflection of the ball on the wood, and the sound of the pins being knocked over. In fact, a gaming site I frequent named it the Most Beautiful Facebook Game.

The Pro Shop offers a ton of custom balls, as well as different alleys (including a castle and a retro alley) and different sound effects. Players can even challenge their friends and leave messages.

I have spent many an hour playing Lucky Strike, and absolutely love it! In fact, it is part of the reason I started bowling recently. smile

Anyway, I hope you can check it out, and that you enjoy it!
Posted by: cgeorg

Re: Bowling video games - 12/10/08 06:51 PM

Why pretend you are not affiliated? It's pretty clear that you are.

Re: Bowling video games - 12/10/08 08:09 PM

Cg,
you think. First post is low down how good the game is. Instead of the usually first post "I'm New here".

Posted by: IgnatiusJReilly

Re: Bowling video games - 12/11/08 09:59 AM

I discovered this site yesterday. As a new bowler, I was skimming the threads, and was excited that I'd actually have something to contribute to the discussion.

Sorry if I gave the impression of it being otherwise--just wanted to share a cool game.
Posted by: Tim Gerard

Re: Bowling video games - 12/11/08 02:26 PM

Nothing in the profile either.....no stats....nothing...hmmmm
Posted by: cowboybrad27

Re: Bowling video games - 01/09/09 12:01 PM

If you have a wii, the game on wii sports is pretty sweet!
Posted by: beefers1

Re: Bowling video games - 02/05/09 02:45 AM

I'm still playing Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling on my PC. Pretty easy, but I still lose my fair share of games from splits and occasional missed single-pins. Still on my first season, won 3 titles so far (in 4 events). Last one was a nail-biter, tied 236-236 then finally won in roll-off.
Posted by: Fgreco

Re: Bowling video games - 02/05/09 04:25 AM

I like Circuit Pro Bowling for the PS1. Yeah the Playstation one lol. I have PS3 but, I dont think they came out with a bowling game.

Sorry if this game was mentioned.
Posted by: Handful

Re: Bowling video games - 02/05/09 10:00 AM

For a basic cell phone game, Jamdat 3D bowling is pretty accurate with the pin action and fairly accurate with the controls. The graphics are really good (can see your ball flair) but all you can do is bowl yourself. I recomend it for a cell phone and play at least one game a day.

Re: Bowling video games - 02/05/09 10:55 AM

PBA has there own game for the cell phones that isnt bad either.
Posted by: Clyde

Re: Bowling video games - 02/05/09 05:34 PM

wii bowling is the best bowling game sine 10 pin alley on the snes. i wish someone would just mimmick the wii bowling and make it more realstic
Posted by: cowboybrad27

Re: Bowling video games - 02/05/09 05:51 PM

I agree! It would be awesome to have somthing like wii bowling only with actual equipment and stuff. Like the madden or tiger series of games. Maybe Norm Duke 2010???
Posted by: g00b3r

Re: Bowling video games - 02/15/09 10:11 PM

It really sucks that there hasn't been a good bowling game. I used to play a game that was just straight up called "Bowling" that was for PS1, was alright for the time.

I have a Gametap account and have played both Friday Night Bowling and Fast Lane Bowling, both made in 2003..so they aren't too old. Fast Lane Bowling seems to be a bit better, both hard to grasp though.
Posted by: Fgreco

Re: Bowling video games - 02/15/09 10:50 PM

Oh yeah I have Friday Night Bowling for my computer and I could not get the ball on the lane. I tried everything lol. I just got Brunswick Pro Bowling for the Playstation 2 but, I will play it on the PS3. I want a PS3 Bowling game already.
Posted by: Firebat138

Re: Bowling video games - 03/09/09 04:34 PM

of course the worst ever has to be the bowling games for the Wii...Not Wii Sports...that's ok....but the others blow
Posted by: Mattdean76

Re: Bowling video games - 03/09/09 11:39 PM

I have played a lot of bowling games and i never seem to do that well on a lot of them. Wii bowling is so inaccurate it is not funny, but it is good exercise. I have never found a game that is really compatible with my bowling style, but I don't expect that. It is nice to play when you don't want to go to the lanes.

Re: Bowling video games - 03/10/09 02:03 AM

wii bowling is bull. The way the wrist is turned is said to be like a doorknob which is completely wrong from reality. The ball will hook towards the pins no matter what: for instance, if you aim with the red line left of head pin the ball will naturally hook right for right handers, and if you aim right of head pin the ball will naturally hook left. no matter how you turn the wrist. The characters timing is terrible and controlling it is messy. The first movement causes backswing and second forward swing. releasing is wrong too as the wrist is turned first before the equivalent of the thumb, the b button, is released. wrong.

I can't stand wii bowling. Many people I know and some internet sites even state how great it is and realistic to actual bowling style and technique. I laugh at those people knowing how wrong they are and would gladly bowl with most of them seeing as how their wii bowling techniques won't help them much lol. of course, there are some bowlers who mess with wii bowling anyway just keeping the messed up form of the game separate from that of reality lol
Posted by: Handful

Re: Bowling video games - 03/10/09 08:59 AM

I won't argue with anyone over the fact that Wii Sports bowling is not like real bowling, but it is the closest to real bowling then any other game out there. And yes you can throw the ball straigt, it requires absolutly no tilting of the remote at all when throwing. My wife got me one of the AMF bowling games for Wii and it is 10 times worst then Wii sport. I think AMF was trying to make a game that appealed to children and not bowlers. One of these days some programer will get with a few bowlers and finally make a game that is worth while. until then I will be Wii Sport bowling and cursing all the stupid smiles on the bowlers. hahaha.
Posted by: mikeyyy44805

Re: Bowling video games - 04/16/09 04:40 PM

I play bowling buddys on myspace. Its fun and you can challenge real people! I just wish there was a game where you could play against other live...
Posted by: J_w73

Re: Bowling video games - 06/04/09 02:55 PM

What about the brunswick bowling for the wii.. that seemed pretty realistic.. I just didn't like the game play.

Re: Bowling video games - 06/13/09 04:54 PM

haha i remember this old thread... never did get any of the games, but i think i might have to when i get my bestbuy reward zone points
Posted by: Sparky One

Re: Bowling video games - 06/14/09 04:31 PM

Wii sports is coming out with an updated game. It is called Wii Sports Resort. It uses their "motion plus" technology which is suppose to detect the smallest of variations in your wrist movements. A gimmick? Maybe, but I'll have fun playing it when it comes out next month.

Re: Bowling video games - 06/19/09 08:04 PM

I went out and got Brunswick Pro Bowling for the Wii, much better than the WiiSports edition. I like it so far, but using my untrained character in career mode is difficult. It's like learning to bowl all over again! I will update as I progress

Re: Bowling video games - 06/20/09 03:12 PM

OK, i've bowled like 30 games on it so far, high is about the same as in RL. The oil breaks down over a series, and it is different each time you play. MUCH better than Wii Bowling, in every aspect.
Posted by: Taylor S.

Re: Bowling video games - 06/20/09 07:38 PM

it is very good, i have the same game. i just dont like the motion controlls very much, but the lane and carry down are very realistic, the pins are not though, i ind alot of the time that there is a pin flying and spinning across the lanes

Re: Bowling video games - 06/21/09 01:41 AM

yeah, and the corner pins tend to ignore my wishes for them to fall flat
Posted by: MJbowler

Re: Bowling video games - 09/07/09 11:39 AM

High Velocity Bowling for the PS3 (downloadable for 10 bucks) is not bad despite the goofyness of the characters. There are oil patterns, challenge mode, online play, and trick shots.
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: Bowling video games - 09/08/09 06:26 AM

I just got a wii after playing my brother in law's, I got the wii sports resort and the physical aspect of the bowling game is scary real.

It has the same motion as my hand and the ball has the same revs, rotation and speed you put on it. The only thing I don't like is the lack of attention to the oil pattern. There is only one pattern, it plays like a flat sport pattern, if you miss left or right, the ball goes left or right, if you throw it a hair too hard the ball goes long, etc, but there is no lane oil break down, I imagine if it did the game would be so close to real you wouldn't have to leave the house.

It's real fun for me since I haven't been able to bowl since blowing both knees out two years ago.

Once you get the hang of it, the game is pretty fun, the only thing is every once in a while I think it gives you splits just for the fun of it even though the shot seemed to be right on. It might just be me though, but I had 5 splits in one game, moved in parallel 3 or so boards and went back to tossing 200s for 3 or 4 games then I had another game with 5 splits, and moved back to where I was then went back to striking, so you might get penalized for staying in one place too long. I don't think the creators of the game know too much about the true game of bowling, but it's still fun.

The next thing they need to do is create on line wii leagues and tournaments.
Posted by: Tim Gerard

Re: Bowling video games - 09/08/09 07:47 AM

A friend of mine has the Brunswick Pro bowling for the Wii, and I tried it out several times. Its A pretty good game, except for the fact you have to upgrade balls and it cost something like 2000.00 bucks to do so. Glad thats not real life.. smile I did bowl a 300 on it though,.. yay!
Posted by: Adam_T

Re: Bowling video games - 09/08/09 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Sparky One
Wii sports is coming out with an updated game. It is called Wii Sports Resort. It uses their "motion plus" technology which is suppose to detect the smallest of variations in your wrist movements. A gimmick? Maybe, but I'll have fun playing it when it comes out next month.

I see no Bowling in the new resort.
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Bowling video games - 09/08/09 05:49 PM

I have the Brunswick Pro Bowling for the Wii, I got tired of dealing with some of the stuff and all but it does have lane transition.
Posted by: CoachJim

Re: Bowling video games - 09/09/09 06:46 AM

Quote:
I see no Bowling in the new resort.

It's there, right hand side about 1/2 way down, look close it's there, right next to golf which is also awesome.

Tiger woods golf for the wii allows you to play any of the top courses and the weather will be exactly as it is that day, so if it's snowing and you want to play beth page black then you had better bring a wii shovel.
Posted by: Fpurhe

Re: Bowling video games - 12/15/09 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Wire1090
Stay away from AMF Bowling. Its horrible. Very hard to control the ball. Pin action is basically not there. Very hard to strike.

When I play a video game, I want to play BETTER than I do in real life smile

Strike Force is a good game. Agree with Chaaaz above.

anything less then 279 is a bad game for me on strike force

my average is like 250+

i used to play this alot
Posted by: lewtrek

Re: Bowling video games - 12/15/09 11:03 PM

my coworker raves about bowling evolution. PHysics are suposed to be good and you can get the skin for your ball and tweak the settings so it reacts the way the real one would.

brunswick bowling is good on the iphone.
Posted by: leftyjay

Re: Bowling video games - 01/08/10 02:19 PM

i have the PC version of Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling. it works perfectly in windows 95 and 98. but when i tried it in my XP computer, it would lag on the timing meter you had to click on to make an accurate throw. i had to change the compatibilty to windows 95 to get it to work properly. i still cant adjust the spin and aim at the arrows without using the mouse. in window 95-98, you can play the entire game without using the mouse.

also i cannot get it to work at all on vista or 7. guess i'm gonna have to keep a PC aound so i can play the old games.

but if you have a good game card in your PC, this game is really fun and the pin action is very realistic.
Posted by: ridersofthestorm

Re: Bowling video games - 04/14/10 02:08 AM

There hasn't been a decent bowling game since Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling to my knowledge/opinion, Just doesn't have the worldwide interest to create a game with big funding behind it, Sure Brunswick may come to the party but It just lacks the quality that us bowlers would want in a game, like lack of Pro bowlers and attributes or improved graphics or extra features etc. EA Sports a big name company with money behind them would never make a bowling game for example. Sad but true.
Posted by: LeftyHook

Re: Bowling video games - 06/04/10 03:21 PM

A lot will disagree, but I think the Wii bowling game is pretty darn good. I put together a free bowling game site (in sig) and the wii bowling is better than nearly all of those.
Posted by: Reconbbs

Re: Bowling video games - 06/04/10 05:38 PM

Concrete Bowling or Bowling Evolution are the best out there...
Posted by: minormillikin

Re: Bowling video games - 06/15/10 05:09 PM

I play the Brunswick Pro Bowling game on PSP quite a bit and it's pretty good -- it's about the closest thing to the Pro Circuit game from years back that I've found.

I downloaded it directly from the Sony store to my PSP.

PROS:
-Earn money in tournaments to buy new gear (Brunswick balls/shoes/etc)
-Changing lane conditions and a variety of oil patterns
-Realistic pin physics
-Decent graphics
-Good variety of Brunswick balls
-Easier than real bowling, once you get the hang of the controls

CONS:
-Can't skip computer opponent during match play
-If you skip a League Night it counts against your average
-Controls occasionally become touchy causing missed shots (too much like real life in this way)
-Maybe a little too easy to exploit (for example, I found a perfect set up where I can throw a straight-ball for a strike with a house ball repeatedly)
Posted by: natecw

Re: Bowling video games - 06/20/10 07:08 PM

I'm waiting to see how well Brunswick Pro Bowling works with the upcoming Move controller for the PS3. If they pull it off well, it could be lots of fun. I'll wait for some reviews, but this may be a reason to get the game and the Move controller thing.

(http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/26/playstation-move-developer-diary-brunswick-pro-bowling/)

Posted by: Leopard11

Re: Bowling video games - 06/29/10 04:55 PM

Got the Wii sports resort 12 games with the revamped bowling. A lot better than the original. Pretty accurant as far as my RL avg of 150. My high game so far has been 211(maybe played 18 games so far). Strikes seem to be a lot tougher than the original. I havent tried the bowling ball controller yet. Anyone got any feedback on it?
Posted by: slaterracing

Re: Bowling video games - 11/18/10 07:09 PM

Wii resort is a blast. That is one of the only games that i will play. I love the 100 pin bowling. My high score is 2999. I about cry'd when i left one on that last ball. My kids started to laugh. Then I laughed when i told them they were grounded LOL

Re: Bowling video games - 11/23/10 02:58 PM

Just bought the XBOX Kinect over the weekend, and got the sports package to go with it. Dying to try the bowling game. Will report on here how it is. Also would like to know if the PS3 Move Brunswick game is good. I like the PS2/Wii Brunswick game, but it's pretty limited.
Posted by: DocLogic77

Re: Bowling video games - 11/23/10 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: slaterracing
Wii resort is a blast. That is one of the only games that i will play. I love the 100 pin bowling. My high score is 2999. I about cry'd when i left one on that last ball. My kids started to laugh. Then I laughed when i told them they were grounded LOL

Now that is funny. smile
Posted by: DocLogic77

Re: Bowling video games - 11/23/10 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Fin09
Just bought the XBOX Kinect over the weekend, and got the sports package to go with it. Dying to try the bowling game. Will report on here how it is. Also would like to know if the PS3 Move Brunswick game is good. I like the PS2/Wii Brunswick game, but it's pretty limited.

I bought the Kinect for my daughters. I won't be able to try the bowling til around Christmas but I am looking foward to trying it out.
Posted by: Norm3v

Re: Bowling video games - 11/24/10 03:17 AM

Ahhhh... if they could only blend Wii Sports Resort with Bowling Evolution...

Re: Bowling video games - 12/03/10 04:52 PM

Still haven't tried the XBox Kinect game- my XBox crapped out on me Thanksgiving night, had to go out on Black Friday and buy a new one. I got the red ring of death on the old one, and MS was going to charge $100 plus shipping and tax to fix it, so I just decided it was time to upgrade to the new one- built in wifi (I had the wireless adapter on the old one), 250 GB hard drive (20 GB on the old one).
Posted by: djp1080

Re: Bowling video games - 06/01/21 11:22 AM

I think you're talking about PBA Bowling Challenge. It's a good game and fun to play. Not sure about a program folder though. Haven't played around with any extra features I guess. Fun enough just to play the game every now and then...