Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas

Posted by: goobee

Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas - 09/03/20 02:22 AM

After not bowling regularly since my league prematurely ended in March, it felt good being on the lanes again. Unfortunately it appears my game needs a lot of work. Approach, timing, arm swing, release, all feel wonky at this time. Definitely not coming out of the ball correctly, I have even less revs than I normally don't have. undecided

https://youtu.be/KsFLnvpesOo

Bowling is still shut down in CA and houses are going out of business thanks to our guvenor's lock down rules.
Posted by: 82Boat69

Re: Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas - 09/03/20 03:36 AM

I'm in CA and still waiting for centers to be allowed to open. However, in the past, after a long layoff, I've often bowled better because I've forgotten bad habits.

Don't be so quick to blame the layoff. Become hyper-sensitive to each little problem and determine if it's really the layoff or do you have a fundamental flaw that needs to be addressed?

Coming off a layoff is the perfect time to make changes because muscle memory can be reprogrammed.
Posted by: goobee

Re: Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas - 09/03/20 04:38 PM

Yeah, in anticipation of bowling again, I've kept up on cardio and weight lifting exercises. Still, the balls feel awfully heavy. My 14's feel like they're 15's. Stamina wise, I'm OK. I bowled 6 games and still had gas in the tank. I would have done more but the side of my thumb was starting to get sore which was not good. I never got sore there which means I was doing something wrong with my release. Hopefully things open up in October as many are anticipating, even if only at 25% capacity as newsome wants.