Kinda a noob question about the forum....

Posted by: Paragor

Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/16/10 10:07 PM

Alright, I know I'm gonna sound really stupid for asking, but I've noticed this one forum topic thing...the "Virtual League". I was gonna post this question asking what it was in there, but the only posts I've seen in there about different teams. So, basically, what is the Virtual League?

btw, sorry if this seems really stupid...but I joined this site yesterday lol.
Posted by: beefers1

Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/16/10 10:20 PM

The Virtual League is just that- a fun league where members who signed up are put on teams and we submit our scores each week. Works just like a real league, except we don't actually bowl with each other in person. Unfortunately, registration closed in January but PM the league administrator (username cgeorg) and he might be able to arrange something. If not, there's always next season.

Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/16/10 10:24 PM

Ahhhhh I gotcha. So is there like a specific day you are supposed to bowl to submit the scores too? and how often are each seasons?

Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/17/10 12:35 AM

The current season is 12 weeks, and we're 6 weeks in. This is our first time doing this so we're still working out the little things. Since everyone's real life bowling leagues start at different times, times will generally be consensus based. The next one might be the middle of spring/summer short season league (likely), or it may not start until the 2010-11 fall/winter season.

You can follow the progress at http://www.bowlingfans.com/league/

Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/17/10 02:11 PM

Ahhh I gotcha. Thanks for the information. So, once this season is over, where would I go to sign up for the next league, when the sign up starts?

Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/17/10 05:32 PM

That information will be posted in the Virtual League section of the forum. A lot of the members will be discussing it then, so it'll be hard to miss.

Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/17/10 06:28 PM

Ok. Again, thanks for the information man.
Posted by: Calvin Pistorio

Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... - 02/17/10 06:43 PM

We all bowl on our league night. Those that bowl multiple leagues choose one league and submit those scores every week. Some members aren't on any leagues at all and try to bowl the same day every week and use those scores.