BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#99942 - 08/06/09 10:43 PM Gemini Jersey mandate and Danny Wiseman
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Well fellow bowlers, we have all grown to know and love future Hall Of Famer and 12-time titlist, Baltimore's own Danny Wiseman, who has been well-known to wear his now-trademark hardcore and/or tribal designed button down shirts (I also wear a couple or 3 of them in my various league outfits, including one from Storm, one from Reebok NFL of the Oakland Raiders, and one tribal style), along with his also-trademark flamboyant enthusiasm. But now with the LL PBA Tour (the "exempt" tour) making Gemini Sports Jerseys mandatory for all of its exempt players, how will DW adjust to that, as I don't think that he would look the same in one of them.

Now for those in the greater Baltimore/Washington DC area who are big fans of Danny Wiseman, I found some vintage DW in action (his first of what has now become 12 titles) at Fair Lanes Woodlawn (now known as AMF Woodlawn Lanes) on ABC, so enjoy!

Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#99947 - 08/07/09 12:40 AM Re: Gemini Jersey mandate and Danny Wiseman [Re: BIGHMW]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
Can't he custom-design the Gemini jerseys to match those of his other shirts?

In match play he was wearing the same shirt design as in last season's USBC Masters. Are the Gemini jerseys mandatory for TV shows only?

#99959 - 08/07/09 10:15 AM Re: Gemini Jersey mandate and Danny Wiseman [Re: beefers1]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Originally Posted By: beefers1
Are the Gemini jerseys mandatory for TV shows only?

I believe they are, but the TV show is where the players get the most exposure, (unless you happen to subscribe to the PBA's Xtra Frame service, wich includes most of match play).
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#99986 - 08/08/09 12:21 AM Re: Gemini Jersey mandate and Danny Wiseman [Re: BIGHMW]
TheCollector Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 22/M/Colorado Springs CO
"You put a skull on it or I'm not wearing it"

Lulz.

#99998 - 08/08/09 09:56 AM Re: Gemini Jersey mandate and Danny Wiseman [Re: TheCollector]
mattyg3535 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34/M/cocoa. Fl
Called the company to buy a Duke jersey. Nice people! You can get ANYTHING (not copyrighted) on a jersey. You just can't get replicas for some reason. They said they can make look a likes but cant use non bowling related logo (ie, Geico) unless you are sponsored by them. I am sure if Danny wanted a Skull he can get a skull.
Just a side note. The jerseys are $130 to $150 each. You don't get a discount for the same design unless you want like 10+. I really wanted a Duke jersey. Would have paid the money but they said something about PBA will not license them. What a waste!

#100020 - 08/08/09 03:39 PM Re: Gemini Jersey mandate and Danny Wiseman [Re: mattyg3535]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
Wow, $130-$150 each? What if a non-exempt or amateur player made the show? Would he have to wear one of those?

I don't think Gemini would be the place to go if you wanted to buy a replica of a touring pro's jersey. It's not like a basketball jersey, in that in addition to the player, they also have to get licensing for all those corporate logos and whatnot. Have you tried the PBA's marketplace?

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.