BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88104 - 04/15/09 04:45 PM best layout for 2 handed bowler
wadud Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/m/malaysia
hi. i'm 2 handed bowler. i have Track Synergy bowling ball which have short pin distance (1.5 inch to/from cg). so, i need some help to make best layout for my ball which suitable with my bowling style. here some information:

rev - high
speed - 30 to 33 km/h
PAP - 4.5 inch from pin
top weight - 0 after drill (base on current situation)

if there have other info that u need to know to make u available to create best layout for my ball, please let me know ok. your help will be appreciate. thanks

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#88188 - 04/16/09 09:41 AM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: wadud]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
You say your PAP is 4.5" from PIN, but how do you know that if the ball isn't drilled? Your PAP is measured from the center of grip, drilling layouts are measured by PAP to PIN. I think you confused the two.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#88194 - 04/16/09 10:03 AM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: sk8shorty01]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
how does your track look on your ball? since you are a two handed bowler might want to work with the Pro Shop on this one because you may have a very odd track compared to most bowlers. I know a thumbless bowler who's track is backwards compared to regular bowlers (its close to his fingers but very far away from his thumbhole.)
Slingshot

#88275 - 04/16/09 05:27 PM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: Handful]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
It's not what style bowler but how you release that dictates the track. I've seen thumbless bowlers who have a track fairly even from the finger and thumb holes and thumb in bowlers who have inverted tracks. Also since the track dictates where the PAP is, knowing the PAP eliminates knowing where the track is, unless the track is flaring backwards.
HS:763

#88276 - 04/16/09 05:31 PM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
mikeyyy44805 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Ohio/m/US
Oh cool man. I am a 2 handed bowler to! You should post a video, I will too. smile

#88491 - 04/18/09 07:15 AM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: mikeyyy44805]
wadud Offline
League Bowler

how want to upload video here?

my ball already drilled for 3-4 times but i think that difficult to determind a better layout for me coz major pin distance is a short one

2-3 times before the track cross over my middle finger hole and then when trying to use my PAP, the track still have so close with my finger hole

here is the latest video of mine:

my skill and game not good enough. just start play bowling at the end of 2005 and convert to double handed style at the middle of the year 2007

#88494 - 04/18/09 07:24 AM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: wadud]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
The USBC is doing a study on two handed ball layouts, you will have to wait for the results like the rest of us, unless you have the money to buy 10 or so of the same ball and drill them all up differently.

#88516 - 04/18/09 11:40 AM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: CoachJim]
mikeyyy44805 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Ohio/m/US
nice dude... look like me... lol.. and when i saw jason belmonte it gave me so much more hope to being good! he is so great!

#88948 - 04/21/09 05:50 AM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: mikeyyy44805]
wadud Offline
League Bowler

do u have ur video? can i watch it? i still try to adjust and improve my release, timing and stepping. hope will get more suitable soon

#99378 - 07/30/09 08:38 PM Re: best layout for 2 handed bowler [Re: wadud]
wadud Offline
League Bowler

i think what is handful saying is right because my track close to middle finger but far away from thumb hole. so difficult to get suite layout for me. always the track will hit my middle finger hole (little or half of it)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Today at 02:55 PM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.