BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#97714 - 07/11/09 10:06 AM Based on these two balls, what to add next?
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
Hey guys, I am looking for suggestions on what type of ball and/or drilling might be good to add next to my arsenal. Please look at pic. The copperhead is sanded finish even though the pic looks a bit shiny and the swarm is polished. Any suggestions on type or specific ball is appreciated. I vaguely understand drillings etc but maybe someone out there can look at these and give me some opinions. Thanks....

Edited by evilash71 (07/11/09 10:10 AM)
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#97719 - 07/11/09 10:43 AM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: evilash71]
evilash71 Offline

just as slight follow up. The copperhead was drilled so i could have more control and go longer. The swarm, not quite as long but not as aggressive as it could have been either. thanks for any input or ideas from anyone.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#97726 - 07/11/09 12:04 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: evilash71]
hamma Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 17/m/AL
I suppose you wanna stay in brunswick's line of balls, the guy in my Pro Shop is sponsored by brunswick and has done nothing but rant and rave about the siege and the wild thing.

But idk what your looking for in a ball, and how much money your willing to spend. If your not looking to spend quite that much. How about the avalanch slide or the rattler.

Now last but not least if your looking into going into another line of balls, Hammer has been nothing but the best for me. I use the Black Widow Pearl which is suitable for all lane conditions and is one of the longest sliding balls. But it has a sick backend thats sure to get the 7 and 10 down.

Hope I helped.
~bryant

#97727 - 07/11/09 12:12 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: hamma]
evilash71 Offline

Funny you should mention the hammers. I actually was looking at the Jigsaw and the Black Widow Pearl. I guess what i really want to avoid is buying more balls that do the same thing or basically are too similar. Also on the hammer black widow. How do you have it drilled up if you dont mind me asking?
Is it is a smooth arc to the pocket or more angular and snappy?
Thanks for your input. Hammer is definitely a brand i am looking at along with Brunswick. But i am open to all possibilites. It isnt like Brunswick sponsors me or anything right. lol.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#97728 - 07/11/09 12:14 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: hamma]
evilash71 Offline

Also, money is no object, i mean of course it is in a way, but i am looking for quality of ball. Sometimes the price is not indicative of the performance. So i am open to all things from intro level reactives ala the powergrooves or rayzrs to the top of the line. Basically i want a well rounded arsenal. I can change my releases and such to "add" to it, but i would like balls that can do different things. Thanks again.
evil
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#97739 - 07/11/09 05:33 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: evilash71]
hamma Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 17/m/AL
Ok let's start with the black widow pearl. The ball is designed to go farther than most balls down the lane, and have a serious backend demolishing the pins (if hitting the pocket). My BWP is drilled for maximum hook because I dont have a lot of natural spin or rev's. Suitable for all lane conditions.

Now with the black widow venom, very similar to the BWP in design and all, but it is designed to go mid ways down the lane with A LOT of hook. This ball does not work well on dry lane conditions. I would not recommend this one.

Black Widow Sting, this ball is not a pearl it's rather dull. It has almost the same movement as the black widow venom. But hammer claims its the most reactive widow up to date. Soo possibly it has a little more backend than the venom. I have never rolled it soo I dont know much about it.

Last but certainly not least the jigsaw, this ball is supposed to be the hooking ball of the century. On a scale to 60 this ball is supposed to have a hook potential of 60/60 which is good for high oil conditions but when the lane breaks down better find another ball.

Another reccomendation is from the line of roto grip, roto grip has a ball out by the name of the mars. It looks very similar to the black widow venom. and reacts a lot like the black widow pearl. I like this ball because it reacts like the pearl and is half the price.

But I might say the black widow pearl i have seen work better for most bowlers. At my bowling ally the Pro Shop has recorded 32 300 games with this ball and they were not by the same person it was by a variety of people. In my opinion this is the ball.

~bryant

#97742 - 07/11/09 07:35 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: hamma]
evilash71 Offline

Hamma...thanks for your input. This is also very interesting to my wife who bowls with hammer and ebonite equip. Her main ball is a VIBE. And that one hooks ALOT for her. She has slow speed and med revs. I had told her what you said and she was thinking about the BWP if it does go further down the lane with such reaction. Do you think that with her slow speed and med revs this matches up well or too much ball?

The Jigsaw interested me for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I figured this would cover that end of the spectrum well. So from strongest hook and agressiveness down to tamest it would be Jigsaw, then my copperhead, then my swarm, then probably add a Razyr, Vibe, Avalanche, or Power Groove here. What do you think?
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#97747 - 07/11/09 08:00 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: hamma]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
The question that needs to be answered is, what do you feel like you're lacking? There's definitely room for a ball below what you already have. There's some room for a ball above your Copperhead but that's not a very weak ball as it is. I don't feel there's much gap between what you have because of the drillings, but you tell us. Do you need something more aggressive or something that's more suited for drier conditions? More aggressive, I say Siege, Full Swing, or Rogue Cell. For a weaker ball, I say Avalanche Slide or Link.

#97756 - 07/11/09 09:22 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: Jay R.]
evilash71 Offline

yeah Amateur, i agree, its more the extreme ends of the spectrum. Above and below what i have. But for instance say i went Hammer Jigsaw or Brunswick Siege, where would you get the pin or would you drill it up the same and let the coverstock be the difference?
Same question for the ball beneath.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#97757 - 07/11/09 09:24 PM Re: Based on these two balls, what to add next? [Re: Jay R.]
tech.007 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/m/ca
Im trying out the brunswick Python right now. Seems like an okay ball, maybe it might fill the gap your looking for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/14/18 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.