BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#97446 - 07/08/09 03:09 PM left knee sore from bowling too much.
markfoutz Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 20, M, NC
I have been going about eveyday i am a right hand bowler and my left knee has been giving me some trouble
Ebonite VGB12.7 (VERY AGGRESSIVE) USE FOR SPARES
DEXTER SST8'S (SOON)
VISE INSERTS
EBONITE GRIP SACK
SHAMWOW TOWL (BETTER FOR OIL)
MASTER GRIP BALL (POWDER)
ALL BALLS ARE 15 OR 15.3 POUNDS

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#97449 - 07/08/09 03:39 PM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: markfoutz]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
What angle is your foot at the foul line when you release? 90 degrees or less than, say, 60?

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#97455 - 07/08/09 04:44 PM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: markfoutz]
markfoutz Offline
Bantam

90 or lilltle less i dont slide and use a #15 storm split fire. But I got a new ball 2 days ago and its very aggressive. I getting the SST8's so hopefuly I will learn to slide. I go anywhere from 3-5 days a week and bowl about 10 games each time I go. help
DEXTER SST8'S (SOON)
VISE INSERTS
EBONITE GRIP SACK

#97459 - 07/08/09 05:24 PM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: markfoutz]
jacobingalls Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Oklahoma
Are you rotating around your knee with your body? I had some issues with that at one point. Also, make sure you're not bouncing at the foul line

#97460 - 07/08/09 05:26 PM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: jacobingalls]
markfoutz Offline
Bantam

how do i get the ball pics??
DEXTER SST8'S (SOON)
VISE INSERTS
EBONITE GRIP SACK

#97480 - 07/08/09 08:36 PM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: markfoutz]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
I'd just like to ask add to this question. I'm one of those "plant and pull" bowlers; is that going to hurt my knees?

#97481 - 07/08/09 09:34 PM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: beefers1]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
I cant give advice on how to stop it, but to relieve the pain and to keep it from reoccurring get a knee band. I picked mine up at CVS relatively cheap. It was a God send I am sorry I can not remember who on here suggested it but haven't had knee pain since.
Mutant Cell

#97505 - 07/09/09 01:23 AM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: Rocket]
mikhial66 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 20/M/FL
Planting puts more stress on your knee than otherwise. I too plant. Last December I started getting some pain in my knee. The day after I bowled, my knee would start to bug me. I was worried about this because it happened for a couple months, but then went away. I haven't felt anything in my knee since.
Python
Midnight Vibe
T-Zone (Spare)
Copperhead(THS Ball)

#97516 - 07/09/09 06:19 AM Re: left knee sore from bowling too much. [Re: mikhial66]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Planting and pulling puts all of your momentum on your knee and the torque also focuses on your knee. Learning to slide will alleviate some of the stress.

When learning to slide try to go into the slide step toe first and push the heel toward your target so it feels like your foot is in this \ direction (right handed / for lefties). Sliding with your heel out will spread the torque through your body better instead of focusing the pressure on your knee.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Today at 02:55 PM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.