BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95681 - 06/17/09 08:42 PM Re: Thumb Release [Re: muckypops]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Some people are nice about the EZ-Slide. I don't like it since it is rarely used properly. Any powder that can get on the approach or the bottom of other bowlers' shoes is a problem. That means you can't get any on the floors since others might walk over that area. At least EZ-Slide is in a pouch you can dip your fingers/thumb into instead of having to pour it out like baby powder.
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#95692 - 06/18/09 01:10 AM Re: Thumb Release [Re: muckypops]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
There is understandable confusion with these products. A product that is widely distributed and sold to eliminate sticking on the approach is actually banned on the approach. Now that makes a lot of sense. :-)

But what Cal has said narrows it down. When you use this stuff (whether it is easy slide or baby powder), it cannot impact the other bowlers on your pair, or those following you on your pair. So you cannot 1. put it someplace on the floor in the settea area for easy use 2. you cannot use it to such excess that it is evident in the ball return, the auto scorers, seating, or areas around the seating.

If you have to use it, you MUST use it back behind the bowlers' area. Using it in such a manner that it does not impact other bowlers.

This is a safety issue. Just because you stick on the approach doesn't mean that everyone else is. You cannot deface the approach for your personal game. Just because your thumb hole doesn't fit just right, doesn't mean that everyone else has to be careful where they put their hands and feet due to your excess. Now I'm using the term "you" liberally and NOT personally.

Erin

#95694 - 06/18/09 01:24 AM Re: Thumb Release [Re: Atochabsh]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/ Williamsport, PA
i almost got in trouble with the baby powder today, they found it on the table. how much trouble can i get in?
15# C System 3.5
16# Yankee Doodle Spare Ball. "Captain America"
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726
Average: 203

#95696 - 06/18/09 02:20 AM Re: Thumb Release [Re: Taylor S.]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Depends on the league. You can be fined monetarily if there are provisions for such in the league rules. Too many incidents and you will be asked to leave the league. Forfeiting your accumulated prize fund.

But even worse then that, you will gain a reputation for disrequard of others and not be all that welcome on teams.

You are not an adult yet, so the first option is probably not in your rules. But the actions you do now will build your reputation and follow you into adult hood.

Erin

#95697 - 06/18/09 06:15 AM Re: Thumb Release [Re: Atochabsh]
muckypops Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 40/M/Chicago
Thanks for the great explanation smile I use a rosin bag when my hands stick in my ball. Now I will be careful not to get it anywhere but on my fingers.

Storm Hy-Road
Brunswick Bowlers Universe Area 39 (?) <-- it works
Hammer Black Widow Clear
Storm Virtual Gravity
All are 15lb. balls

#95707 - 06/18/09 09:05 AM Re: Thumb Release [Re: muckypops]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Any powdery substance that you use on your shoe can be carried down on the lane, and it does not mix well with the lane oil. It cakes up. Not to mention, that another bowler may slip on it if it is on the approach.

And, it is illegal to have any product on the ball. So, tapping a rosin bag on the thumb hole or any kind of powder is taboo.

I have called a claim on one bowler that I bowl with repeatedly. He constantly uses baby powder on his shoes. He usually dumps some under the ball rack in the back, and steps in it before each shot. You can see his white footprint on the floor as he walks up to get his ball, and on the approach. He has been warned, the house has cleaned up the powder, yet he still does it. I watch him like a hawk when we bowl him. I have caught him dropping it under the table in the rear, and under chairs. Finally, I refused to bowl on the same lanes as him, whereby, the league officers finally told him if he used any substance, his games would be forfeited.

Caused a stir. But, he was shown the rules.

If your shoes stick, fix them. Don't put others in jeopardy.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#95724 - 06/18/09 01:32 PM Re: Thumb Release [Re: Dennis Michael]
Cargoship Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 18/M/
Just went to a Pro Shop today and got the thumb hole adjusted to accommodate my swelled thumb a bit more. Works great and so far no problems.

Ebonite Playmaker 14 lbs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - 12/14/18 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.