BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95318 - 06/15/09 10:28 AM Please Help!!!!
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 34/m/Miami, Fl
Please take a look at this video and help me out. I have let some other site help me and they told me to do delay timing to get my arm straight. Could I just push the ball on my second step like a normal five step person does and still get in some time? Please give me advice...

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#95324 - 06/15/09 11:07 AM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: Rob183]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
The arm has nothing to do with timing. It has everything to do with muscling the swing, and probably squeezing the ball. Start the ball in front of your right shoulder a bit above waist high, push out and just let it drop. Gravity will swing it back in a straight line, and through in a straight line. There should be little if any muscle involved in getting the ball into the backswing, and then delivered onto the lane.

It will be much easier to do this if you have a ball that fits you well. Is that ball drilled to fit your hand? If so, you do have to squeeze it to keep it on your hand? A proper fitting ball will take almost grip pressure to keep on your hand, and will aid greatly in consistency.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#95325 - 06/15/09 11:08 AM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: Rob183]
who's that Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 35 Male New Jersey
Are you trying to establish better timing, or work out the hitch in your arm swing?

2 Cruel (pre-ordered)
Raptor P7
Raptor Attack
Buzz Attack

Secondary Equipment

Sting Widow Maker
Cruel C5
Xtreme Damage
Terminator

#95326 - 06/15/09 11:23 AM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: who's that]
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

I want to get the hitch out of my swing. I have got the fit right now.. So my squeeze on the ball is not that bad.. A coach told me it was a case of early timing.. So he told me to push the ball out on my third step instead of my second in a five step approach. I have been doing that but the problem is that when the ball is going back my push off foot is coming forward so at times it creates a timing problem.. When I push the ball out on my second step the last three steps end up short and fast.... But when I push it on my third step they all come out even... I am all messed up.. How did I bowl eight 300s?? Please help..

#95328 - 06/15/09 11:31 AM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: Rob183]
cgeorg Offline

Your elbow won't bend unless you try to pull the ball up in the backswing.

Are you familiar with the concept of the free swing? Some good articles:

http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/tip12.htm
http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/tip26.htm
http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/tip41_files/tip41.htm

While you work on the free swing, I would go back to a more standard timing, which would be starting the ball on your 2nd step. With a free swing, that should get you close. Once you get the swing worked out, you can fine tune the pushaway to get it exact.

#95329 - 06/15/09 11:47 AM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: cgeorg]
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

You think the hinge approach would help me? It shortens the push away so it speeds me up..

#95331 - 06/15/09 12:00 PM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: Rob183]
cgeorg Offline

The hinge aids in freeing up the swing, because it keeps the arm muscles more disengaged. But looking at how you control the ball when it drops from the pushaway, and then pull it up behind you, the hardest part will be just letting gravity take over. The first link posted (Tip 12, Just let it fall) is what (I think) is most important right now.

#95332 - 06/15/09 12:01 PM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: Rob183]
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

I was reading one of the articles and it said something about tilting. When should I tilt to get more power without pulling the ball back.. It didn't say in which step... I know everyone is different but could give me an idea.

#95335 - 06/15/09 12:15 PM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: Rob183]
cgeorg Offline

Judging from image in the article, it looks like right before the ball gets to the bottom of the swing. It should be a very slight tilt - probably no more than 30 degrees. Any more than that will be hard to recover from in the slide.

In the hinge article, it looks like TJ hasn't really changed his tilt at that point in the photos. His swing also isn't the freest. Look at where Barnes' body tilt is at the top of his swing - about 30 degrees, and it gets back to about 10-15 degrees in the slide. Both on page 2.

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/slowinskifeb09.pdf

#95343 - 06/15/09 02:01 PM Re: Please Help!!!! [Re: cgeorg]
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

So in other words it really does not matter how I push the ball out, my arm should be straight out at push awya.. Could I focus on a part of my arm so I can make sure my arm is straight. People say the fingers others say the pit of your arm... Help me out...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.