BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95056 - 06/12/09 11:37 PM Re: Bowling practice video....Tips please! [Re: Justinmill14]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
You're behind the ball at the top, but you get around it during your down swing. Again, of you let the ball decend on it's own without you trying to pull it through, you won't go around the ball.

It will feel very strange, but you need to work on not trying to actually "throw" it. Next time you practice, make some shots where you're not focusing on a mark. Put all your concentration into letting the ball come to the top of the backswing all on it's own and then start it's decent all on it's own. Don't use your arm, shoulder or back muscles to try and throw it. Let the ball get all the way to your foot all on it's own and then gently follow through.

Attachments
justin.JPG

Edited by Lefty (06/12/09 11:37 PM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#95082 - 06/13/09 11:20 AM Re: Bowling practice video....Tips please! [Re: Lefty]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Alright thanks Lefty, Ill try it either today or tomorrow, depends on when I get to go.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#95107 - 06/13/09 03:59 PM Re: Bowling practice video....Tips please! [Re: Justinmill14]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I see I'm late to this party, here goes my two cents.

Justin, I like most of what you are doing, your swing has a few bumps in it which are causing most of your problems.

If you look at your set up your head is to the right of your right foot, this causes your upper body to shift to the right, when the ball comes back your head is out to the right and the ball comes away from your body as it heads back your hand is on the right side of the ball.

What I would like to see you do is put your head, ball and right foot in line and hold the ball up a bit higher at least waste high and take another video from behind and from the side, slow motion will also help.

#95251 - 06/14/09 05:25 PM Re: Bowling practice video....Tips please! [Re: Lefty]
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Originally Posted By: Lefty
From my own experience, getting around the ball early was caused by me trying to come through the ball to early. What I did to stop doing that was to make myself wait to follow through until the ball got to my foot. So you should not be engaging any arm muscles to do anything on the down swing until you the ball gets to your foot. What I had to do was repeatedly say in my head, "waaaaaaaait" and stretch that word out until the ball got to my foot. If you start to come through th ball before that, your hand will turn early.

Thanks lefty, your thoughts on waiting for the ball came to my mind while bowling.Makes a big difference.I remember Tom Kouros saying that you need to slow down in order to acclerate.We know this stuff but forget.Now if I can keep my swing in the slot with the correct timing and start ball out over my right foot toward the chosen target, I'll do ok.
Time to roll

Edited by Time-To-Roll (06/14/09 05:32 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.