BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59860 - 06/24/08 10:20 AM Re: High schools that won't recognize their bowlin [Re: 6_ball_man]
JaredB Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/Oklahoma
I recently graduated from high school in Tulsa, OK. We had over 2000 students and rough estimate 300 knew about the bowling team, 8 were on it. I wasn't though, because I work at the house they use and disn't have enough time to practice and such. They had some OK results, but at my school you have to win something big to be noticed. Golf made state, Rugby is 2x state champs, tennis lost in finals, etc...but bowling? What do you mean bowling? I think one of the best things to do is make T-shirts and have the team wear them maybe once a week, it got a lot of attention at my school. I would always wear my AMF shirt on days the team wore their shirts
14# Ebonite Thunderbolt DB (belonged to my grandfather)
13# Columbia White Dot
HG:189
HS:409

My bowling blog
http://jared516.wordpress.com/

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#60364 - 06/29/08 03:50 PM Re: High schools that won't recognize their bowlin [Re: JaredB]
Wickette Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Female/St. Louis, MO
My high school has been pretty supportive of our bowling team, they provide transportation to our matches and practices if someone needs it. My school seemed more supportive than our coach, who didn't know how to bowl and showed up for practices and matches so he could get paid. He just quit coaching the bowling team, so hopefully we can find another one for next season.

#62618 - 07/29/08 02:26 PM Re: High schools that won't recognize their bowlin [Re: Wickette]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
my school doesnt really care about our bowling team =( i mean they provide transportation but thats about it. It kinda sucks, and most the ppl on the team dont really care that much about bowling, im the only person on the team that practices regularly, everyone else has only been bowling about once or twice this summer
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:21 PM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/21/19 07:26 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.