BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93456 - 05/29/09 09:42 PM updated video
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
So after my first video post brought many to point out my muscled swing, I went back and have been working on a looser swing. What do you think? See any other flaws (I have been trying to get my timing a little latter then usual also)

Edited by Handful (05/29/09 09:43 PM)
Slingshot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#93469 - 05/30/09 03:23 AM Re: updated video [Re: Handful]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
To be honest that looks very good to me. You look very relaxed. There are a couple things I noticed.

Your first step should probably be shorter. It looks too deliberate too. I'm not sure if that's an issue but maybe something to think about. This may not be related to the first step but as you push away on your second step you seem to follow it down a little.

The other thing I noticed is if you pause the video at the exact moment the ball is passing your foot on the downswing, your hand is on the side of the ball. I can't seem to figure out why this would be(if it's even a bad thing) since your swing seems fairly free to me and you don't have any weird movements at the point of release.

Hope this helps in some way. I'm no expert so someone with more knowledge will probably correct me and/or add to what I've said.

#93476 - 05/30/09 11:14 AM Re: updated video [Re: Handful]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
The only thing I can see is your swing plane might be a little inside/out meaning at the top of your back swing the ball might be to the right of your head to target line, the camera is not lined up that way, so it is hard to say for sure. Otherwise you look pretty good, now go bowl some tournaments.

How are you at break point management? Left handers tend to play the lanes differently than right handers. Lefties tend to play the same line from side to side, but vary the distance down the lane the ball travels before hooking, how adept are you at doing this?

In practice, try getting the ball to hook as early as you can and still hit the pocket and as late as you can and still hit the pocket from standing and aiming at the same target at the arrows.

#93505 - 05/30/09 08:42 PM Re: updated video [Re: CoachJim]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
Originally Posted By: CoachJim
The only thing I can see is your swing plane might be a little inside/out meaning at the top of your back swing the ball might be to the right of your head to target line, the camera is not lined up that way, so it is hard to say for sure. Otherwise you look pretty good, now go bowl some tournaments.

I checked some of my other video's that day and it still looks like my arm swings inside/out. I figured the free arm swing would have corrected this but it hasn't. Is this a bad thing? how do I correct it?

Originally Posted By: CoachJim
How are you at break point management? Left handers tend to play the lanes differently than right handers. Lefties tend to play the same line from side to side, but vary the distance down the lane the ball travels before hooking, how adept are you at doing this?

In practice, try getting the ball to hook as early as you can and still hit the pocket and as late as you can and still hit the pocket from standing and aiming at the same target at the arrows.

I have been pretty good on changing axis rotation between 90-30 degrees but with my wrist snap I tend to pull up on the ball when going directly up the back.
Slingshot

#93525 - 05/31/09 02:09 PM Re: updated video [Re: Handful]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
I checked some of my other video's that day and it still looks like my arm swings inside/out. I figured the free arm swing would have corrected this but it hasn't. Is this a bad thing? how do I correct it?

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/swing_slot_btm_july_08.pdf

Swing alignment issues are usually caused by the direction of the push away. If the ball starts off to the left it will end up inside at the top of the swing (Left handed). Try keeping your left foot, head, ball and target in line and start the ball and your left foot straight at the target and let the ball drop under your head and swing straight in line with your head and target and see how that works.

#93565 - 05/31/09 10:13 PM Re: updated video [Re: CoachJim]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Pushaway direction can really make or break a free swing - I had problems pushing out to the right and just recently fixed it - I pull the ball way less often now.

Your game looks really good, and your release is gorgeous. I agree that you need to hit some tournaments. That kind of nice hand at the bottom, still generating power, can kill on tough shots.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.