BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9349 - 04/28/03 09:29 AM Congratulations Champions
Dizzy Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 49/M/Pennsylvania
Just got in from the IBC(Intrcollegiate Bowling Championships) in Tulsa. What a tournament! Way to go Wichita State and Central Missouri State! It was a great tournament with the teams that got hot at the right times and keeping their focus doing well. A lot of the matches turned out to go the opposite way than was expected, so there were many upsets. The hottest men's team at times seemed to be Nebraska, which had a bunch of bowlers playing a similar up the gutter line stroking through the ball with equipment that reacted smoothly. They bowled good as a team, but had their ups and downs.

I'd like to know what the spare shooting percentage was. I'm guessing it was pretty low. I'm sure there aren't many teams not saying that their spare shooting cost them.

Cal State-Fullerton was a pin from knocking Wichita State out of the tournament. They tied their best of seven match 3.5-3.5 and Wichita won the 8th game to stay alive. Most of the fans knew any team could win any match the way things went, it was that competitive. Morehead State probably bowled better than any other men's team on Friday and Saturday, but the 2 out of 3 format on TV didn't go their way. All in all it was a great men's tournament and seemed to be a great women's tournament as well. Being from Penn State I didn't see much of the women's qualifying or match play.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#9350 - 11/20/03 05:14 PM Re: Congratulations Champions
CameronTxBowler Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 26/male/Texas
Hey Clark,

It's good to see that others out there like College bowling. How did Texas A&M do if you remember? I'm going back to school next fall, and I am going to try out for thier team, I hope I make it.. GO AGGIES!

Jason

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 09:08 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - Yesterday at 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
The price of new bowling balls
by Dennis Michael - 01/28/20 06:14 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.