BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92602 - 05/20/09 02:12 PM Re: give me tips!!!! [Re: kidrobot]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Electrical tape isn't the best to put in your thumb hole. The adhesive is extremely difficult to get out of the hole and it will melt/bleed and get on your thumb. You're much better off using tape designed for bowling.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#92636 - 05/20/09 08:33 PM Re: give me tips!!!! [Re: Lefty]
kidrobot Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 23/M/usa
Originally Posted By: Lefty
Electrical tape isn't the best to put in your thumb hole. The adhesive is extremely difficult to get out of the hole and it will melt/bleed and get on your thumb. You're much better off using tape designed for bowling.

true, it was more of a quick fix I did at home. I'm looking to buy that magic carpet you guys were talking about. Is there anything similar to it, I don't really want to pay $20 for 10 pieces of tape.

Global 900 Bounty 15#
Roto Grip Cell Pearl 15#
Spare ball - needed

#92690 - 05/21/09 09:17 AM Re: give me tips!!!! [Re: kidrobot]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
There is the Vise thumb tape. I buy it in rolls. I think it's about $16-$20 a roll and it lasts me a full season bowling 2 leagues a week.

#92698 - 05/21/09 11:13 AM Re: give me tips!!!! [Re: Lefty]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I believe Ron Clifton will send you a few pieces as a sample pack for free if you ask. I have not done it personally, but I have heard mention of it on this site many times. This might be where you should start.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#92706 - 05/21/09 12:16 PM Re: give me tips!!!! [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
Rocket if you really want your own or Jordan's spare coversion rate to go up, take a stopwatch with you next time you both go to practice. Have the other person time your first shot Afterwards, time the second shot. You should see a differnce in the times. Usually, bowlers will take more time on the first shot than their second shot. Simply trying to spend the same amount or more time on a spare shot should send the conversion rate soaring. However, the trick is do taking your time while still blocking everything out and not overthinking.

Thanks for the tip Demo man, We are practicing tomorow night. I will try it then and let you know how it goes. I will make a new post for results, I dont want to Hijack Kidrobots thread.
Mutant Cell

#92788 - 05/22/09 06:24 AM Re: give me tips!!!! [Re: Rocket]
kidrobot Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 23/M/usa
thanks for the advice guys... first day of league and I averaged 159 which is 20 pins higher than my normal average. My change of throw helps my wrist and control greatly I can't thank you guys enough. As for my thumb hole, I'm going to get it redrilled since it's only $20.

Global 900 Bounty 15#
Roto Grip Cell Pearl 15#
Spare ball - needed

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01/12/21 05:35 PM
We encountered a problem. error
by BOSStull - 01/10/21 02:56 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.