BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9217 - 09/17/02 12:18 AM MJBT
tweaker41 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 16/M/ND
I recently bowled an MJBT tournament in alexandria minnesota. they lay down a sport shot just for the tour and I was told it bein my first time and all not to get discouraged if i bowl bad because its a hard shot and no one can really bowls that good. I started off on a lane where i kept runnin into the wall because the inside tight shot was where it was at and ne thing outside was not comin back no where. Well, i qualified in the top ten at -167 after 9games of qualifying. Then i went off and bowled another 10gmaes of matchplay and went from +10 to -208 in the last 4games, my wrist just gave out and I was screwed. Ended up winnin 160$ in scholarships

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#9218 - 09/17/02 09:15 AM Re: MJBT
Coachrich Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: Chesterland, Ohio
Tweaker41,

Congrats on cashing in!

It does my heart good to read a highly descriptive post from a youth bowler. You're obviously well versed on the complexity of our sport.

Wrist gave out? What lead you to believe that was your problem? Did you loose revs?

#9219 - 09/17/02 05:01 PM Re: MJBT
SADMan Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 33 / M / IL USA
Tweaker41,

Congrats and well done!!!

May that be a start for many more to come for you!

Good luck and good bowling!

Sean

#9220 - 09/17/02 07:07 PM Re: MJBT
tweaker41 Offline
Junior

thanx guys. and what led me to believe that was it was because my wrist was in soo much pain I couldn't even stay under the ball and get revs on it, aspirin did nothing, and i thought my brace was left back home where i work but it was actually in my bag, i found that out after i was done bowling. LOL

#9221 - 10/22/02 04:30 PM Re: MJBT
tweaker41 Offline
Junior

well i just bowled another MJBT event in Brooklyn Park on Sun, I would of qualified if it wasn't for my last game but i shot a 1804 over 9games, about a 200avg which is what my goal was. Came back to my house the next day and shot a 609 so im finally pullin my head outta my a**.

#9222 - 10/22/02 08:54 PM Re: MJBT
Bent elbow Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: FL USA
Belated congrats, and go get them next time out!!

Susan

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by wronghander - Yesterday at 02:15 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.