BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#91293 - 05/10/09 06:34 PM Finally, a couple of videos!
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
Hey gang...the IRC people knew this has been coming, but I finally have a couple of videos to show. They're on YouTube, but I'll also offer download links for those who wish to analyze them frame by frame.

Side view first:

Now the back (includes a couple of ball reaction shots):

Downloads (WMV format):

Side view
Back view

Hope everyone enjoys them, and there's one user in particular I'm waiting for feedback from. wink
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#91303 - 05/10/09 09:08 PM Re: Finally, a couple of videos! [Re: Richie V.]
Mattdean76 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/NY
Your footwork totally scares me. You look like you are waddling up to the line in your first 4 steps. The last 3 or 4 look much better, but it really looks like you are forcing it off your hand instead of letting it roll. And it is a little herky jerky, as in not smooth. You have good follow through with your arm, but you need to aim your hand towards your target on it.

Anything else, I will leave to the true coaches.

Edited by Mattdean76 (05/10/09 09:09 PM)

15# Brunswick Power Groove Dry R
15# Global 900 Creature S40
14# Faball Purple Hammer (spare ball)
15# Rotogrip Mars Pearl

#91305 - 05/10/09 09:40 PM Re: Finally, a couple of videos! [Re: Mattdean76]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Agreed on the footwork being odd. That's fine if it's comfortable and consistent, but you're starting the ball on step 4 of a 6 step approach, which is a step late. It definitely causes you to pull the ball through. I'd work on getting the timing in line (starting the ball on step 3, letting it swing free) before anything else.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#91307 - 05/10/09 09:50 PM Re: Finally, a couple of videos! [Re: cgeorg]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
For Matt's (and everyone else's) information, I used to have a normal 4-step delivery. I fractured both of my heels, however, nearly 10 years ago, and I've tried taking 4 steps again, but taking 4 steps didn't seem as comfortable as before, so I've transitioned to a 6-step delivery (with the extra steps used to get my feet used to the idea of moving before starting the ball).

cg, I did notice the timing being late when my best friend and I were editing the video. When I was working w/ Ray (my on-site coach), timing didn't seem to be an issue to him. However, I'll see if starting the ball earlier helps the other aspects of my game (including the leverage issues I seem to struggle with).
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#91315 - 05/10/09 11:29 PM Re: Finally, a couple of videos! [Re: Richie V.]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
IMO, you are starting the ball too low in your stance. This means that you have to pull the ball into the backswing and since the back swing is so low, then pull the ball forward to get any momentum. You are not generating a free swing because you are already starting at or near the bottom of the swing. If you stand still, and just swing the ball, start it higher and just let it swing and gradually loose momentum. You can see how starting from a higher position automatically generates moe momentum with little effort.

Even on your 3rd step of your 6 step approach you still start moving the ball too late. If you are going to use a 6 step approach (and I don't know any that do) you will need to start moving the ball exactly at the beginning of your 3rd step as if there was a wire from your hand to the toes of your right foot.

Erin

#91339 - 05/11/09 08:38 AM Re: Finally, a couple of videos! [Re: Richie V.]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Richie I agree with Erin, you need to hold the ball a bit higher in your stance so you can let the ball drop into the swing. The drop into the swing is the key to a good swing. By starting the ball out in front of you like that, you have no other choice but to pull the ball back.

Try fixing the swing and post another video. It may pull you off balance, you will have to figure out where to start the ball with your foot work, don't be afraid to start the ball a step or two earlier or later to find the right timing. You need to fix the swing first before fixing the timing as the swing dictates the timing and cadence.

Cadence is the other problem, a bigger swing might cause you to go faster than you are comfortable with. If the bigger swing makes you go faster than you feel you can, then either start the ball earlier, or lower the swing, but keep the elbow bent rather than extended out in front of you.

Pm me or email me with any questions.

#91342 - 05/11/09 09:04 AM Re: Finally, a couple of videos! [Re: CoachJim]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Richie, the lower position of your ball has to put some strain on your arm, and it seems that you keep that strain all the way through your swing. Holding the ball higher will let your arm relax for a freer swing. Also, couldn't see if your other arm was supporting the ball. That would relieve the weight from your ball arm and free it up.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#91345 - 05/11/09 10:15 AM Re: Finally, a couple of videos! [Re: CoachJim]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Originally Posted By: CoachJim
Pm me or email me with any questions.

Why this? If you do it privately, one person learns. Do it here, we all do.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01/12/21 05:35 PM
We encountered a problem. error
by BOSStull - 01/10/21 02:56 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 12/22/20 06:48 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.