BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9126 - 07/09/06 09:13 PM Second Place
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
Today I bowled in a NABI tournament at Babylon Lanes for you NYers out there.

My day started with practice on the PBA pattern at another house. I bowled 5 games and my son bowled 3 games on the shot. It was regional pattern # 2 for those interested. A short pattern. After that I went to a local golf range to hit a bucket of balls. I needed to kill some time bfore the tourny started. I stayed at the range for about an hour and hit 90 golf balls. I finally made it to the tourny.

It's a local amateur tournament, NABI ran it. It's handicapped. They use the house shot. After playing on PBA shots I figured to do well. The shot felt easy. I always bowl well in this house. If I ever joined a league here I would do very well. It is a 4 game format. At the beginning I was asked if I wanted brackets, eliminator and the no-tap. I said yes to two brackets and no to the others because I wanted to save some money for my son to eat. So I bypassed the no-tap.

I had a very good shot. I used my X-Factor for all games. I tried out a few different lines. I tried hooking my new Nemisis a bunch, I tried going pretty straight ( for me ) with my X and I liked the line with my X the best. I thought it gave me some room to move over if the lanes dried out. I played 12 at the arrows out to 6/7 at the breakpoint.

First 3 games I went 236-204-236. Last game I hunkered down and threw 10 very good shots. I left a 10 pin and a 7 pin in the 3rd and the 6th frame. The rest were strikes. The last game was the no-tap game. the format was 9 or strike for the first 7 frames and strike out from there. Well I struck out from the 8th frame for a 258. I had a small crowd behind me because they thought I won the no-tap prize. They cheered me when I got the last strike. I said thank you but I wasn't sure why. The director asked my if I was in the no-tap. I said no, I told him I paid for two brackets and had money for either the no-tap and the eliminator or food for my son and choose my son. He said I was the only person who didn't get in the no-tap. He told me I just missed a chance at $800. I almost fainted. I kept telling my son how much I sacrificed for him tonight, because he kept telling me he wanted to go home so badly ( I did have him out of the house for a long time ). I finished 2nd and moved on to the championship round.

I bowled the third qualifier. I won that match 217-204 ( not including handicap. I still felt pretty good. I hadn't eaten much up to this point however. I had a carnation instant breakfast and that was it. After that game I was pretty worn out and it showed. I still had a chance to win but missed two spares in a row. It was the same spare. I missed them both the same way. It was the 3-6-10. I always use my spare ball for this spare. I lined up the way I always do and the ball hit my target and I thought it was gold. The ball went absolutely straight and didn't stop at all. I just missed the 3 pin each time. That took the wind out of my sails as my opponent took advantage and put together a four bagger that sealed the victory. Up to that point, my spare shooting was a strong point. I made some money and went home thinking about missing an opportunity to get that first place plaque. And of course the $800 for the no-tap. To top it off, I didn't make a penny in brackets. Amazing huh?

Oh well. I feel pretty good about my bowling right now. Hopefully this is the start of something good.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#9127 - 07/09/06 09:26 PM Re: Second Place
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
That's great Smooth. Good weekend. The bracket think is such a *****hoot as you know. I've shot no less then 230 in all games and lost them all. Go figure.

Erin

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.