BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9051 - 11/04/05 05:01 PM First scratch tournament
ron shields Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 49/male/central washington
help I may have gotten in over my head. I am not intimidated, but very anxious. I want to see how I hold up when there is a lot on the line. Striking out in the tenth to win a point or team total in league does not mean very much. My biggest concern is playing around those big crankers and power players. My game is based more on control and accuracy. Making the right moves and being calm when I bowl. I get real excited after a deliver especially if I am striking but have the ability to stay calm when the ball is my hands. I hope I can stay within my game. I have commited myself to 5 rournaments this year. My goal is to cash twice. With 1-n-3 making cut, I believe this to be a reasonible goal. Any words of wisdom, stories of first scratch tourny etc? Funny? scary? exciting? please do tell.

http://www.bowlspot.com/share/3Qq6q788

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#9052 - 11/04/05 06:28 PM Re: First scratch tournament
Bikedad Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 57/male/New Zealand. Right han...
Why should you be anxious? You are confident enough in your game to commit to those tournaments, so you should do just fine. Don't worry about anyone else, be they crankers or whatever. They aren't bowling your game, you are, therefore you are in charge. I have no stories, as my exposure to "big" tournaments is very limited but I can tell you that I don't care about what the other guys are doing and just concentrate on my own game. To date, my game has never let me down in these situations and is usually better than normal. Just go bowl your game... they can worry about you, instead. Best of luck and good bowling.

#9053 - 11/05/05 11:08 AM Re: First scratch tournament
Sheldon Offline

A/S/L: Grumpy Old Man / Northwest VT
One way to practice for tournaments is to bowl in weekly sweeper tournaments or in nine pin tournaments. We used to hold these kinds of non-sanctioned tournaments every Sunday morning and we would get a lot of people participating. There is only individual participation in these kinds of events and they really tend to sharpen ones competative skills. Those that bowled regularly on Sunday mornings would bowl very well in the sanctioned tournaments. Once you start these kinds of events, they take on a life of their own.
Anyone can organize these kind of events and the only difficult thing is to get the bowling center to oil enough lanes to accomodate the number of expected bowlers. You can have them twice a month or every week.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.