BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8996 - 04/22/05 02:51 AM And I'm Back
SDBowler Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 18/Male/Chamberlain, South Dak...
Well,

I have just returned from Nationals down in Baton Rouge. I swear, that was by far the HARDEST shot I've ever thrown at.

The lanes were as oily as can be. While down there I bought a ball...a Hammer (The Big deal)

My other balls weren't coming back to the pocket. They drove right through a pocket alright, the 3-6 pocket.

So I used my Hammer. I started way left and had to swing it right for it to come back in the pocket. I had a bit of success with that.

But hey, the trip in itself was really fun. That was my 1st Nationals so now I know what the feel is like.

I'm headed down to Corpus Christi next year...anyone else going?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#8997 - 04/22/05 03:25 AM Re: And I'm Back
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

A/S/L: M 66 Staten Island, NY
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by SDBowler:
Well,

I have just returned from Nationals down in Baton Rouge. I swear, that was by far the HARDEST shot I've ever thrown at.

The lanes were as oily as can be. While down there I bought a ball...a Hammer (The Big deal)

My other balls weren't coming back to the pocket. They drove right through a pocket alright, the 3-6 pocket.

So I used my Hammer. I started way left and had to swing it right for it to come back in the pocket. I had a bit of success with that.

But hey, the trip in itself was really fun. That was my 1st Nationals so now I know what the feel is like.

I'm headed down to Corpus Christi next year...anyone else going?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Hmmm, I bowled in March and it was not by far the hardest shot I've bowled on. sick When I bowled, you need to make shots to score :p
Thats how bowling used to be, you hit your target line, you got strikes, not you hit anywhere within 10 boards of your target and you strike... Anyway, God willing, I'll be in Corpus Christi next year..

#8998 - 04/22/05 05:15 AM Re: And I'm Back
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
Hey, SD, did you slow down? You said you would on the last post...haha. My driller wasn't lying....Flooded...It's good that you had fun, anyway. Maybe I'll see you at Saratoga in C.C. next year. That used to be the house I bowled in when I lived down there. Thanks to wonderful AMF, it's the only house left in Corpus. Anyway, something tells me the shot will be different...............Good luck.

#8999 - 04/22/05 12:39 PM Re: And I'm Back
bimmerman Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 55/M/Maryland
SDBowler, what were you uning before you baught the new ball. I sounds ot me that you were trying play to far outside. In talking to folks who have been there already (I go 5/26-27), the shot played very similar to thos is past years, inside with a break point of about 10-12. Anything outside of that will not come back. I doubt that I will be taking anything dull with me. I haven't needed them in the past, and I don't think this year will be any different. The most aggressive piece that I'll have with me will be my Rotogrip Retro Ressurection.

As to the "Hardest Shot I;ve ever seen comment", please do't take this personally, but that sounds to me like you've never seen anything other than the typical house shot. I say that because, that's the comment a lot of folks make the first time they are something other than the house wall. The ABC Nationals put a premium on shot making. You must hit you mark consistenty, with the correct ball speed. Do that, and you have a good chance to score well, don't and you won't.

The graph put out by the ABC dons't show me a flooded shot, what it shows me is a shot the has more oil than most bowlers are used to, no dry bumper to bounce the ball off of (i.e. an out of bounds outside of 5). In fact, the graph shows a shot that is very similar to what he ABC has used the lase few years, only slightly different.

#9000 - 04/22/05 04:25 PM Re: And I'm Back
deuce2point0 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/M/Dallas Tx
I was able to go in Feb. but was not able to bowl. Now the area in which I live there is not much interest in going so I will have to find a team, (anyone interseted) :rolleyes: but even if i cant I will go just to fave fun and watch.

#9001 - 04/22/05 04:54 PM Re: And I'm Back
Gorney Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 42/Male/Illinois
I thin kwhat you bowled on was basically a "flat" shot, it is tough for league bowlers, but not impossible.

#9002 - 04/23/05 01:16 AM Re: And I'm Back
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by JoeXception:
I thin kwhat you bowled on was basically a "flat" shot, it is tough for league bowlers, but not impossible. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Definately easier than some of the regional patterns I've bowled on. You had to throw it good, but if you threw it good, you had some room, throw it bad, and you had nada.

#9003 - 04/23/05 09:45 PM Re: And I'm Back
Rusty 279 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 46/male/ New Orleans
Hey SD Bowler,WELCOME BACK and CONGRATS! I bowled my 1st Nats this year too. The shot was not the easiest but it wasn't the worst shot I've played either. If you could play a tighter line and not swing wide , you were in better shape. I too will be going to Texas next year to bowl. Just the experience of it was enough for me.Work your line,shoot for score but remember to have FUN. That's why you started bowling in the first place! thumbsup

#9004 - 04/25/05 01:28 PM Re: And I'm Back
Darrell Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 46 Male Michigan
Hello "SDBowler", sounds like you had a great learning experience.
I agree with "Rusty 279", it sounds like you should have played down 5-8 and in. Becuase if you could swing the ball and come back and get it to come back, that would have made for a perfect down and in shot.
I am not trying to second guess you, I was not there. I'm just trying to make sense of the information that is being given. Happy bowling.

--------------------
May all your corner pins fall

#9005 - 05/03/05 03:45 PM Re: And I'm Back
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by Darrell:
Hello "SDBowler", sounds like you had a great learning experience.
I agree with "Rusty 279", it sounds like you should have played down 5-8 and in. Becuase if you could swing the ball and come back and get it to come back, that would have made for a perfect down and in shot.
I am not trying to second guess you, I was not there. I'm just trying to make sense of the information that is being given. Happy bowling.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Darrell, Playing further in, say 18 to 12 afforded the most area. Yes, you could have played 5-8 but if you miss right, its goodbye, seeya. and if you miss in, it was going beak or worst. I had my best look of the tournament going 18 t0 13 with a polished super charge. Not to mention, there was a clearly defined OB.

Regards

Walter

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.