BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8977 - 04/09/05 07:14 PM Nationals in Baton Rouge
SDBowler Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 18/Male/Chamberlain, South Dak...
I was just wondering if anyone has been to Baton Rouge this year already for Nationals....

This will be my first Nationals ever. I just wanted to know what the shot conditions were and if anyone had any helpful tips on ANYTHING...

I am a 191 average bowler and I hear that for the most part bowlers seem to have trouble finding sucess with the pattern at Nationals.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#8978 - 04/09/05 07:55 PM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
Hey, Kevin. My driller went to Nationals and said that you will need equipment for extremely oily lanes. Prepare to slow your speed down quite a bit, too. He normally throws around 16-17 mph, he said he dropped to about 12 mph. He is a southpaw, but said it was universal....He also said he watched Rules, Vertigos, Bullys ,etc...take out the 6 pin, maybe 3 pin alot for right handers....Same on the other side. Hope this helps, good luck at Nationals, man...

#8979 - 04/09/05 08:18 PM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
SDBowler Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 18/Male/Chamberlain, South Dak...
Thanks Jason, I really have trouble with wet lanes and have a tendency to get frustrated and lose concentration.

I'll be sure to slow my speed down and watch other people's balls reactions.

I'm so excited to go to Nationals!!!

#8980 - 04/09/05 08:38 PM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
Jason Fewell Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/Male/Mckinney, Tx
That is a great idea. Try and find some bowlers that throw similar to your style and see where they are playing. Maybe straight up or deep. From what I heard, probably straight up...You should be alright.

#8981 - 04/20/05 05:34 PM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

A/S/L: M 66 Staten Island, NY
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by SDBowler:
I was just wondering if anyone has been to Baton Rouge this year already for Nationals....

This will be my first Nationals ever. I just wanted to know what the shot conditions were and if anyone had any helpful tips on ANYTHING...

I am a 191 average bowler and I hear that for the most part bowlers seem to have trouble finding sucess with the pattern at Nationals.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">I bowled in my first nationals, and I found Moderate success playing deep, 18 at the arrows to 13 at my breakpoint. if I missed wide, the ball sailed, if I missed in, the ball went left.

I made my best shots in the singles, and should get a good check smile

Sorry I couldn't help you before you left, but I just joined this forum.

#8982 - 04/22/05 06:14 PM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
TAChamp02 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Las Vegas
I bowled this year. It was my 5th year bowling now. I found this years nationals to be the easiest of all so far. There is a little more friction down lane than in past years. There is still of course an OB, but more hook overall.

I shot 580 - 659 - 693 =1932

Palumbo

#8983 - 04/23/05 01:22 AM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
bimmerman Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 55/M/Maryland
To continue from what I said in SDBowlers "I'm Back" topic, here's a link to the ABC Pattern.

http://www.bowl.com/downloads/pdf/tournaments_abc_2005pattern.pdf

Now I'm not going to try and explain this, but suffice it to say, 72 units of oil in the heads and about 18 units of oil at the end of the pattern is not a flooded pattern. Is is considerable more oil than most centers put out, but I wouldn't consider it to be a flood.

What the graph tells you is the the oil is basically a Christmats Tree pattern that is buffed out to 38 feet, with a very well defined out of bounds the complete length of the pattern. While you can play a variety of lines, the most scorable line will be inside where there is the most oil in the heads. This will allow you to get the ball down lane to the break point which should be about 40-42 down the lane and somewhere around the 10-12 board.

In other words, anything outside of 5 will probably not make it back to the pocket.

The shot may or not play exactly like this, but reading the graph will give you and idea of how to play the lanes based on where the oil is.

#8984 - 04/26/05 08:52 AM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
Reido Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 49 / M / York, PA
All:

I looked at the .pdf graphic of the pattern. Where is the out of bounds on the pattern based on the graph? How do can you tell where the OB is on a pattern by looking at the graph?

This would be GREAT information beforehand when dealiing with one of the graphed patterns.

#8985 - 05/07/05 11:03 AM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
Anna Broussard Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 51/female/Louisiana
I have bowled in the Nationals and didn't find the lanes that wet. I average between 17 and 18mph and kept my speed. I just played it tight, but that's the way I have been bowling. I know it was the first weekend, when I bowled, but, I was in first place when I left on the Monday morning at 2AM. I have dropped down to the 60s, but for my first ABC Tournament, I did better than I had expected to do. I really liked the lanes, but as I said, I played it tight.

#8986 - 05/09/05 01:28 PM Re: Nationals in Baton Rouge
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

A/S/L: M 66 Staten Island, NY
Anna. there was a defined out of bounds, and I just rolled the ball from 18-13 and had a good look in the singles. When I made bad shots, I missed the headpin, nevermind the pocket thumbsup

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.