BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88745 - 04/20/09 05:36 AM Re: Finding Sponsorship. [Re: 4StepShaun]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Quote:
Dennis, it's all AMF's fault!! They are the downfall of all bowling!!

Actually sarcasm aside, I do believe that.

Me Too!! but at least the doors are open for some form of bowling.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#88857 - 04/20/09 06:51 PM Re: Finding Sponsorship. [Re: Atochabsh]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
On the topic of AMF, I just recently found out that the worst AMF in my area is starting to upgrade some, mainly new machines. I heard it was pinsetters since part of this house is getting changed over to duckpin. This center lost a lot of bowlers last season. I don't think they are doing anything about the horrible inconsistent lane conditions and lane machine that often didn't work right.
HS:763

#88876 - 04/20/09 07:42 PM Re: Finding Sponsorship. [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
We sorta share a similar area, Cal. Which [censored] AMF house are you mentioning? Your describing nearly all of them in NoVA--except for the overgrown-skeeball duckpin stuff.

I mean, is there really, actually, for real-real a good AMF house?

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#88885 - 04/20/09 08:28 PM Re: Finding Sponsorship. [Re: Domokun]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
AMF Dundalk is the one I'm referring too. Only reason I think it's still open is the Greater Baltimore Bowling Association has it's office there. It's arguably the wors one around me with Woodlawn a close second. The only one I know of that was even more terrible was closed down a few years ago.

Country Club Lanes is a pretty good AMF house. I guess it helps to be a decent one when trying to keep the PBA Tour coming back. It's about the only one they try to keep a real bowler much less a bowler at as as manager.
HS:763

#88961 - 04/21/09 09:28 AM Re: Finding Sponsorship. [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
I'd be happy to give you a quick, rat-infested tour of AMF Annandale, aka Crappandale. Supposed to have been demolished and replaced with condos, but that didn't turn out so we're stuck with this crap house that's doing everything but giving away free cars and teevees to get the leagues back.

However, if John Waters ever did his own bowling movie, I'm sure he'd film it in Dundalk. And I'd be right there for opening night.

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#89214 - 04/22/09 01:07 PM Re: Finding Sponsorship. [Re: mikeyyy44805]
bowlerchic1 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 29/F/ID/USA
Hi Mike

I'm bowling in the usbc queens in reno this weekend, and I;ve had the same problem as you. So I decided to make a list of friends, coaches, the bowling alley, relatives and I asked them all if they could help, even if just $20 bucks. I have a whole list of people willing to chip in what they can,and it's added up to help alot. Most people are willing to help if they can, so give it a try! Good Luck

#89570 - 04/25/09 04:52 PM Re: Finding Sponsorship. [Re: bowlerchic1]
mikeyyy44805 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Ohio/m/US
thank you chic.

i guess im gonna have to try that. wink

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.