BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8963 - 03/28/05 11:59 PM Re: New bowling term?
cheetah Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Seattle, WA/Right-handed
If they can't understand why you wouldn't want to bowl on a team where they walk out or get kicked out, they have no place in the bowling alley to begin with. Actually, maybe that speaks for itself. I've seen people leave because of injuries, but I've seen an equal number stick it out DESPITE their injuries. That's the mark of a true bowler. They know they won't necessarily meet their average, but for the sake of the team they stay. That does wonders for team moral.

I'm planning on joining a high-average, big bucks side-pot league, but it's at a house I've never bowled at. Do you think it's a good idea to sub even though the season's almost over, or should I just wait until next fall. I'd rather not end up on a team with guys that throw the ball overhand...

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#8964 - 03/29/05 12:46 AM Re: New bowling term?
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
cheetah, take in some tournaments there and a good handfull of open play. Maybe even a summer league would set you up for a good team in the fall.

By the way, this isn't at Skyway Park bowl is it? I spent 12 years in Seattle but not really bowling at that time. Lived in Renton just 15 min or so from the Space Needle.

Erin

#8965 - 04/01/05 02:35 PM Re: New bowling term?
TMorgan Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 33/M/Oklahoma
Skyway Park Bowl.. Wow there's a name I haven't heard in a while. I was at that center in 89 for a week when my father was on the summer tour. We used the time to see some old friends of the family that lived in Renton. By the way I found that bowling center to be quite nice!! Just wish I had been old enough at the time to be in the tourney with my dad.

#8966 - 04/01/05 03:16 PM Re: New bowling term?
mdmjdm Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 40/m/MD
Hit a summer league in a house you want a good spot in. Most houses have at least ONE summer league that draws the die-hards and will get your name out there. If you post the average in your profile, or close to it...and act with the class that it definitely seems you have...you will most likely get offers on decent teams.

That is what I did, and I have a few teams to choose from in the league I want to roll in next winter. It was the only way I was going to be able to get "inside" that league, get my name and face "known". Yes, I ruffled a few feathers and was called a "ringer" more than once while I subbed...but only by immature little guys who couldnt see that I just wanted to bowl in a good league, and on a good team.

Trying to walk in to the meeting of the league of your choice "unknown" will most likely have you put on a pretty crummy team...maybe one of the worst in the league. The good teams KNOW they need a new teammate, and look for him/her in the summer leagues...

John

#8967 - 04/01/05 04:05 PM Re: New bowling term?
Mary Allen Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34 female Columbus, Ohio
I do intend to bowl this Summer no doubt in my mind. I'm thinking about being in a sport condition league. Where most of the people there are men, but hey they don't scare me at all. I've been in that league before so I have Sport Condition experience under my belt. I haven't reached a final decision though. Just rumbling it through my head. I have a few weeks to make up my mind.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
The price of new bowling balls
by Dennis Michael - 01/28/20 06:14 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 01/26/20 05:10 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.