BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8931 - 03/23/05 04:26 AM Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
BBowler Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 51/female/California
Is it the challenge, the potential to win big bucks, an excuse to travel, the opportunity to meet bowlers from all over, or some other reason?

While I like the excuse to travel, meet bowlers from all over, and the challenge, I have a new reason. I bowl in a center that tends to put out a challenging house shot. On any night you can hear bowlers complaining about the shot.

After going to Baton Rouge and shooting sets of 409-491-463, my new reason is to better appreciate bowling in my local centers.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#8932 - 03/23/05 02:03 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
so true BBowler. The first Nationals I went to, we had to drive the 4+ hours home and with barely any time bowl league that evening. I was pretty beaten down and the long drive game me even more time to think about it. But got rushed back to the house, off to the alley and 630 soemthing series. A bunch of us looked at each other, laughing, and all sighed with relief that we were home.

Erin

#8933 - 03/23/05 07:53 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
BBowler Offline
Junior Master

Atochabsh, LOL I went to league at the house mentioned in the original post and shot 163 (flashback to one of my better games in BR)-234-221-195 for only my 2nd 800+ set of the season. Even the front 3 games were 600+. As you said it was a relief to be home rotfl

#8934 - 03/24/05 10:25 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
Rusty 279 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 46/male/ New Orleans
All my life I said that I wanted to bowl in the Nationals just once. It's ALL the things you mentioned. When I could not field a team from my own house, I placed my name on the sub board. Within hours I had 4 teams asking me to bowl with them. I settled on a team from San Jose ,Ca. Living in New Orleans it was just an hour drive up to Baton Rouge. I gotta tell ya I felt like a kid. The team i bowled with was great and we had a good time.I truly appreciate watching better bowlers. I appreciate the skill and discipline it takes to average 200+. And personally I think it's fun to bowl against some of these people to gauge where your skills lie and where you may need improvement.What blew me away were the awards they gave out before our squad bowled. Three people were awarded plaques by the ABC for bowling in the tournament for over 25 years!A lot of these bowlers were easily in their 60's and some in their 70'S! THESE are the people that should be considered,the backbone of this sport.Bowl for score,shoot your best but remember to HAVE FUN! That's why you started bowling in the first place!!...Rusty279 thumbsup (P.S. I can't wait till next year!)

#8935 - 03/24/05 10:42 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Who'd ya bowl with in San Jose? I know tons of bowlers from there.

Erin

#8936 - 03/25/05 09:39 AM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
Rusty 279 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 46/male/ New Orleans
Nancy Hilton, Michael Craig,Mary Garza and Steve MacGregor. They were all great people. Nancy even received an award for bringing so many teams to the tournament,(I think in was 10-15). I'm sure you know Nancy if anyone, Erin.As a matter of fact , she has already told me that if I can't field a team next year, she'll find a spot for me . I thought that was very nice considering my worst event was doubles and I was paired with Nancy. Who knows, I might see you in Corpus Christie Too!........Rusty

#8937 - 04/09/05 09:28 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
BigBowlla Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 44/Male/Kansas
I'm with you BBowler. I want to figure out the shot. I am a competitor, though I enjoy meeting new people and all, I enjoy bowling against better bowlers and getting the shots they do not, and I like travelling to other houses. laugh

#8938 - 04/09/05 11:20 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
SDBowler Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 18/Male/Chamberlain, South Dak...
My reason for going to Nationals is to have fun.

This year will be my first Nationals ever.
I basically just want to see what's out there in the realm of bowling.

I do bowl to compete but most of all I bowl to have FUN. And meeting other bowlers from EVERYWHERE is a plus.

#8939 - 04/16/05 11:36 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
BBowler Offline
Junior Master

BigBowlla, I figure if I bowl enough of them I might actually have one to brag about laugh :p
SDBowler, Have a great time!

#8940 - 04/20/05 08:08 PM Re: Why do you bowl ABC/WIBC Nationals?
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

A/S/L: M 66 Staten Island, NY
I went there to met some old freinds, meet friends from aol that I never met, and to have a good time. Turns out I will make money in the singles. Suffice it to say, I got locked into the pair during singles, and make quite a few good shots. Made some bad shots too, but they weren't extremely costly in terms of opens. Case in point, front 7 last game in singles. grab the 8th one and miss the head pin right. Make the spare, go strike strike, grab it again and get it thru the face for a 9 count, make the spare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.