BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#89012 - 04/21/09 03:28 PM Me and my friend bowling, Tips please
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/ Williamsport, PA
This is me and my friend bowling, any help would be appreciated.
We are using old equipment Brunswick Rhino Pro and Columbia 300 "The beast"

:]
15# C System 3.5
16# Yankee Doodle Spare Ball. "Captain America"
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726
Average: 203

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#89015 - 04/21/09 03:43 PM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: Taylor S.]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
You: definitely muscling the ball through the entire swing, remember that the less muscle you use the less that can be used wrong. The swing should be completely dictated by gravity. Your timing is also late, start the ball with your first right foot step, right now you are starting about a half to a full step late. This is contributing to you pulling the ball throughout the swing in order to catch up to your feet and maintain balance. Last, keep your body upright, you are bending over at the waist to far, bend more with the knees. Think lower hips, not lower chest. Doing this will give you better balance at the line and will keep your head still making it easier to hit what you are looking at. Right now your body is causing your head to look straight down, making it nearly impossible to hit what you originially started looking at.

Friend: Has a lot of the same problems; muscled swing, late timing. Again, gravity swings the ball, not you. Let the ball swing all the way back, it looks like that backswing is getting cut off really early in order to catch up the timing. Also, I think ball fit might be a problem here, it looks like he is really having to grip the ball in order to keep it on his hand. This will also make you force the swing and will make you keep the ball short on the back swing for fear of it falling off. Fast feet are the next problem I see, Running to the line is again a product of starting the ball to late, your feet are trying to catch up with your swing, which is pulling in order to catch up with your feet. The problem is that it pulls through and then passes up the timing of the feet, on the way down the feet have to sprint in order to make it to the line at the same time as the ball.

Right now these are the biggest issues I see with you all, there are more advanced items that could be fixed but this is where I would start if I was you all. Keep the game simple, relax and let the ball do the work, you guys are both working way to hard trying to make the ball do something. If you just let gravity do what it has been doing for millions of years and let the ball do what it was engineered to do you will be much better off.

Good luck and as you progress through the game post more videos!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#89020 - 04/21/09 03:54 PM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: sk8shorty01]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

Thanks a bunch, ill try to bend more and use more gravity, it just feels wierd when i drop the ball into the swing
15# C System 3.5
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726

#89049 - 04/21/09 05:38 PM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: Taylor S.]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Don't think bend more, which will make you want to bend at the waist. Think of lowering the hips, almost like sitting down to get more of a knee bend.

Also may I suggest getting some better shoes. This goes for both of you. It looks like you have universal sole shoes, meaning both shoes have a slide on them, and your right foot is sliding too much. A pair of right hand shoes which would only have a slide sole on the left foot, the right foot would have a traction sole to allow you to push better into the slide. I know your feet might still be growing so it might be easier to get a pair of cheap tennis shoes that are close to the same height sole wise. These should be non-marking and wore only in the bowling center. Never wear them outside of the center. Obviously only wear it on the right foot and wear the regular bowling shoe on the other foot. Actually now that I think about it I think they do sell something that can slide over universal bowling shoe and turn it into a traction shoe.
HS:763

#89065 - 04/21/09 07:42 PM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

Thanks a bunch, I have a pair of shoes that would work for this, ill try it on saturday, my last day of bowling for a while smirk
15# C System 3.5
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726

#89069 - 04/21/09 08:10 PM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: Taylor S.]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Just make sure they are clean and non-marking or else you can do damage to the approach as well as cause issues to other bowlers.
HS:763

#89079 - 04/21/09 09:31 PM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

yup, non marking shoes.
What angle should i play with a Ebonite Show time?
15# C System 3.5
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726

#89168 - 04/22/09 09:42 AM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: Taylor S.]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
There isn't a specific angle that will work every time. The lane conditions will dictate how you have to play the lane, your job as a bowler is to learn the "language of the pins" and read the ball and figure out where that line to the pocket is. On a fresh pattern you might be able to swing the ball from second arrow out to about 5-6 and stay in the pocket, as carry down of the oil begins you might have to tighten that line up and go second arrow out to 7-8 in order to maintain carry. As the lanes transition and start to dry out you might have to move and hit 13 at the arrows out to 7-8 and back to pocket. Just use what the lane will give you.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#89233 - 04/22/09 03:22 PM Re: Me and my friend bowling, Tips please [Re: sk8shorty01]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

Thanks man, i wasnt sure if i would play the inside or the outside, as i havnt bowled with the ball yet
15# C System 3.5
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 08/22/19 03:14 PM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.