BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62082 - 07/22/08 10:31 PM Help using Storm Gadget brace; Gadget owners?
Pexeter Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Yuma, AZ
Im a decent bowler, about a 190 average, but I started thinking a brace might help me in ways I cant explain. So I bought a Storm Gadget to try out and it comes with no explanation on how to use it. The 2 adjustments, what would be the proper way to adjust to my game, what does what? How should it feel? What should it do?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#88793 - 04/20/09 12:01 PM Re: Help using Storm Gadget brace; Gadget owners? [Re: Pexeter]
dman422 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 33/m/Mobile AL
I just got one also. Came in the mail today. I look to bowl with it tonight and try to figure this thing out!

#88852 - 04/20/09 06:24 PM Re: Help using Storm Gadget brace; Gadget owners? [Re: dman422]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
First welcome to both of you, Pexeter(long time for your first post from the time you registered) and dman422.

You have two adjustments. The numbers correspond to cupping the wrist, the higher the number the more cupping and the wrist can't break back as much. This is suppose to give more revs. The other adjustment if I'm remembering correctly is for cocking your hand and would adjust axis tilt.

Personally I believe unless a person has some physical problem with his/her wrist you can do much better without a brace and can actually learn a a better release.
HS:763

#88872 - 04/20/09 07:30 PM Re: Help using Storm Gadget brace; Gadget owners? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Having used a Gadget (actually several as they do wear out and break) one for years and now off, I've found about all it's good for is keeping revs more so than others in its category and very good wrist support. It does hamper movement considerably--well, as it should: It stabilizes your wrist. Surprise!

Now that I'm off it, I've got some minor wrist pain issues (yes, I'm RICE-ing), but thanks to CoachJim, I'm getting my span and pitch fixed which should remedy this unnecessary strain and pain and give me the control I've always needed.

If you feel you need a brace, get your grip checked out.

BTW, dialing the axis tilt (secondary adjustment) doesn't really work very well. Pretty much just kept the cupping adjustment on 10-20. For tens, flattened.

Oh, one last thing, if you EVER stick on the approach and fall forward DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR YOUR BRACED HAND ON THE LANE! There's zero flex whatsoever and you will jam your fingers but good. Or maybe worse, probably crack one of the bones in your forearm--not sure if that'd actually happen, but since your wrist isn't going to bend, that action will just move further down the arm.

When I did just that, I sure could feel that pressure where it shouldn't be. Believe me, I was in a cold, nervous sweat when I got back to the pit--fingers all swollen up. Man, gives me the hinks just thinking about that moment.

You know, what...just save the receipt.

Edited by Domokun (04/20/09 07:32 PM)
Edit Reason: Remembered bad incident...

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#88933 - 04/21/09 01:04 AM Re: Help using Storm Gadget brace; Gadget owners? [Re: Domokun]
MithShrike Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 23/m/Mesa, AZ
I tried a Robby's Revs 2, a similar device, and gave it away.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 09/23/18 10:56 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.