BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4618 - 08/15/01 11:07 PM League Secretary Fee - HELP!!
Iron Chef Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 28/m/Kitchen Stadium
What is a fair amount for a league secretary to be paid per bowler, per week? Or does anyone have a better, more fair way of scheduling payments to the league secretary.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#4619 - 08/15/01 11:36 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!!
Rocket to the Pocket Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Some bowling center in Vermont
That all depends on how well you think the secretary will do his or her job. I just became secretary of a league and I will be getting $450 for the season (that's about 25 per bowler per night). But, I had to buy the software - $120 right off the top, even before I get my fee, which I get at the end of the season.

CCBA Director and Yankee Lanes Center League Sec'y

Not your average everyday bowler (that's for sure)

#4620 - 08/22/01 06:22 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!!
LittleReba Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: California
Quote:
quote:

confused
I think the secretary fee should be relative to the number of bowlers on the league, and how many weeks the league lasts in addition to how well the secretary performs her/his duties.

Experienced secretaries, have made this job a sideline profession seasonally. In all fairness, Don't you think secretary fees should be declared as "income" and should file a W'2?

I'd be interested in knowing what the average fee is across the nation. Currently our secretary fees jumped from $12 to $14 per bowler for a 32 week league.
A

#4621 - 08/22/01 07:45 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!!
Angel Offline

A/S/L: F/So Cal
Unfortunately, Iron Chef (Sakai? Morimoto? Chen? Kobe?), there is no clear-cut answer.

I will say that a GOOD secretary is worth his or her weight in gold. When you find one who stays on top of the arrearages, finds bowlers when current bowlers quit, handles league meetings (or handles the issue before it comes to that), pay that person whatever it takes to keep them happy. In the San Fernando Valley, a one-time fee of $10 per bowler is very common for the combined position of secretary/treasurer.

Reba, some secretaries might have turned it into a profession, but in terms of hours, it's a very poor paying one.

In a league where I was secretary for $10 per bowler, with 48 bowlers, I received $480. In return, I spent 34 weeks times 3 hours a night at the center, for a total of 102 hours (I missed one week with the birth of my child, so make it 99 hours). Add in the time each and every week spent checking for awards, finding new bowlers, handling the sanction stuff, and taking care of the money for sweepers, and McDonalds pays better.

Sure there are people who take the job mistakenly thinking it's easy money, and who don't do the job correctly, but the league's choice is to VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE.

#4622 - 08/28/01 08:14 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!!
Iron Chef Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 28/m/Kitchen Stadium
Thanks for the input everyone!

Quote:
quote:

Chen is my favorite. I also like Sakai.

#4623 - 11/24/01 06:14 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!!
Al Whiteman Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: Portland
That all depends on how well you think the secretary will do his or her job. I just became secretary of a league and I will be getting $450 for the season (that's about 25 per bowler per night). But, I had to buy the software - $120 right off the top, even before I get my fee, which I get at the end of the season.
--------------------

Hey Skipper,
Why would you have to buy software, that program
you wrote (that I am using, thank you) is great.
Wish I had your talent for software.

thumbsup

#4624 - 11/26/01 03:03 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!!
Rocket to the Pocket Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Some bowling center in Vermont
Quote:
quote:

Al,
Unfortunately, to compile all those spreadsheets together is not worth the time or energy. I am using BLS-2002, and so far it has been pretty much worth the expenditure. I am also using BLS for my Thursday league (which makes me Asst. Secretary), as the house computer, using the AMF BOSS is absolutely horrible.

Thanks for the kind words about StatTracker!

CCBA Director and Yankee Lanes Center League Sec'y

Not your average everyday bowler (that's for sure)

#88794 - 04/20/09 12:08 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!! [Re: Rocket to the Pocket]
Matrix900 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 32/m/Canton, OH
Just wanted to bring this up again as I just got off the phone with my mother about our current league secretary(she has been sec for 4years so far). She thinks she makes good money for the hour or so she uses to put in the scores while at home. I told her that an average secretary gets 25cents per bowler per night per week.

Our current secretary gets $25 a team flat fee. With 12 teams @$25 thats only $300 for a season or roughly 15cents per bowler per night per week. We do also donate to an xmas fund for the secretary if you want to include thate. I think this year it was $60 or so.

Just wanted to ask what does/did your secretary for 08-09 season bring in money wise??
15lb White Dot

Current Avg 201

Career
Game - 288
Series - 755

Season
Game - 255
Series - 660

#88799 - 04/20/09 12:25 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!! [Re: Matrix900]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Quote:
Just wanted to ask what does/did your secretary for 08-09 season bring in money wise??

Going rate for adult leagues here is $1 - $1.50/week/bowler. That's for the combined Sec/Tres job. So about $32-$48+ a year per bowler. At the end of the year it only takes 30+bowlers in the league to top over a thousand dollars a year tax free. Get a really big league or multiple leagues and we're talking serious money. Plus in one of our centers, the house does all the stats.

#88855 - 04/20/09 06:38 PM Re: League Secretary Fee - HELP!! [Re: Atochabsh]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I'm not sure what the actual pay is for the secretary/treasure in my league this season is. I'm sure it's at least $.35 per a bowler per a week. We are a 5 person teams and the league is 44 teams strong which means 220 bowlers. That's $77 a week and we bowl for 34 weeks which makes it $2618 tax free. I'm not sure how much of the work he does or the center does. I know may of the centers around do the banking and most of the stat work.
HS:763

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.