BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88462 - 04/17/09 10:30 PM Jordan warming up for the challange
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Here he is preparing to kick my butt. As I said in the other post the oil was pretty much used up by the time we got on the lanes. As you will see by the video I thought I had it wrapped up he was struggling finding the pocket and with spares. Then he put his game face on darn it! Video quality was poor where I was laughing at his taunts to me and mine to him.

Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#88472 - 04/18/09 12:14 AM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: Rocket]
mikeyyy44805 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Ohio/m/US
Looks pretty good!

#88497 - 04/18/09 08:03 AM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: mikeyyy44805]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks mikeeeey, but I see by my video that I went back to my old problem of not extending my arm after release and my dad didn't point it out that was one of the rules of the game no tips.
Mutant Cell

#88517 - 04/18/09 11:40 AM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: Rocket]
mikeyyy44805 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Ohio/m/US
Oh, Well you still whooped him! Good job!

#88786 - 04/20/09 11:10 AM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: Rocket]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: Rocket
Thanks mikeeeey, but I see by my video that I went back to my old problem of not extending my arm after release and my dad didn't point it out that was one of the rules of the game no tips.

Thats ok, the big thing is that you are starting to notice little things in your own game that could be fixed. That is something that not everyone is able to do so that is an accomplishment on its own.

The next step is starting to attribute the feelings of what is going on in your game when things are not working out. Being able to feel yourself not extending through the shot, feeling yourself getting around the ball early, and so on. That is the difference between a bad night and recovering more times than not.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#88797 - 04/20/09 12:16 PM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: sk8shorty01]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Sk, I will make sure Jordan reads this tonight, He did better Saturday but his fisrt game was the worst he shot for a long while 87. In his defence he started with 5 straight splits 4 of which looked like solid pocket shots to me.

But he did comment something felt weird about what he was doing, he asked me before he played not to give any advice again because at the tournament this Sunday they are not allowed to talk to parents or coaches during play.He is trying to learn how to make good decisions on his own.

His problem was, he was starting with the ball at his stomach again and not bending his knee hardly at all. He did figure it out own his own and came back with a 181-189 to finish. Just missed picking up the big 4 in second game.

Thanks again he reads all the feed back on here and even writes down notes.
Mutant Cell

#88813 - 04/20/09 01:30 PM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: Rocket]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
So I want to know, did you end up with a clean garage or did he get that new video game?
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#88877 - 04/20/09 07:44 PM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: sk8shorty01]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Oh you didnt see other post? Its in the general forum I believe. He won then I was fool enough to try again and he kicked my butt 2nd game.

He got his video game but then volunteered to help with the garage so I won to!! except him telling his uncles about it!! lol
Mutant Cell

#88902 - 04/20/09 09:56 PM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: Rocket]
Aaron Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Singapore
Rocket - to me, above all else, it is great to see you and your kid working together, and competing, in this sport in a way that is teaching him a lot about the best in bowling as well as in life! Great Job!

#88908 - 04/20/09 10:33 PM Re: Jordan warming up for the challange [Re: Aaron]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thank you very much, I have 5 children altogether divorced the mother of my first 3 4th is my stepson and then Jordan. I was able to do a lot with them but not as much as I wanted.

So I guess that helps drive a lot of it, I of course still hang out with my other children as well, But 2 are in college, one in military and the other beside Jordan is 17 and has more girls then I can count chasing him, so he's not looking to hang out with ol dad lol. They are all however going to watch Jordan bowl in his Tournament Sunday they even made up shirt's to support him. I am very blessed to have such great children so it is easy being a good father.
Mutant Cell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
The price of new bowling balls
by Dennis Michael - 01/28/20 06:14 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 01/26/20 05:10 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.